This is fine

This is fine.

Other urls found in this thread:

newscientist.com/article/dn28254-floods-that-hit-new-york-city-every-500-years-now-hit-every-24/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permian–Triassic_extinction_event
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lol think of the hellish nightmare all the normie's grandchildren are going to live through

so is new york underwater now like that fucking moron failed politician Al Gore said?

if the polar caps melted by that much and I've noticed no change whatsoever, why should i be worried about it in the future.

Just put a fridge in there to make more ice.

Sea ice already displaces ocean. We need to worry when Greenland and Antarctica start shrinkin.

Lack of sea ice means less albedo, and more solar radiation getting absorbed by dark oceans and raisin water temperatures.

Sea ice, buddy. An ice cube melting in your cheap-ass long island iced tea isn't going to make it spill over.

Underwater, no. It does flood all the time near the river tbough.

big words, retard
lrn2read

Earth is flat

>so is new york underwater now like that fucking moron failed politician Al Gore said?

YES!

newscientist.com/article/dn28254-floods-that-hit-new-york-city-every-500-years-now-hit-every-24/

>floods that hit nyc every 500 years
how old do they think nyc is

Do you really think the public cares if some ice melts?

>not grasping the bigger implications of this indicator

>Lack of sea ice means less albedo

nigger where is the sea ice located

nigger what is the critical angle of water

fucking gullible "muh albedo" motherfuckers

they will

>the public
>grasping anything

humans will be extinct in the next 300 hundred years anyway

This is fine.

This is Veeky Forums, not the public.
We are supposed to be a little less retarded than that.

>measure the same thing twice
>100% correlation!!!!1!!!111

no shit

we are actually so fucked, there is nothing that can save us now short of a virus that kills 99% of the human population

Go to /pol/ and they will say that the images are fake.

why do you think that (((we))) are fucked?

>tfw humans cause bananas to rot

>/pol/ is an accurate representation of the general population

They do. Only americans are retarded enough to deny something as blindingly obvious as man-made climate change.

Only yurops are retarded enough to believe in man made climate change and, worse yet, only yops have the hubris to believe in man preventing climate change.

I bet you're a cuck canadian anyway though.

Trust me, it is.

You really should leave the echo chamber.

>CLIMATE CHANGE ISN'T REAL, AND IF IT IS YOU CAN'T CHANGE IT.
You know that at this point you just sound like you'll claim anything just to have a reason not to even slightly consider your lifestyle? Because that's basically all that's behind climate change denial - all-American self-serving laziness. "Nah it ain't real cuz it would mean I'd have to do summin."

Man made climate change isn't real, and man preventing climate change isn't real.

Learn to fucking read.

The greatest mass extinction in history of Earth happened because average temperatures went up by 5 degrees.

If that was true Trump would win with 90%, every European country would be ruled be neo nazis and EU wouldn't exist.

>5 degrees is worse than a really big rock
Sure

Not to be an asshole but, were these photos taken at the same time of year? Too little context for my taste.

Glaciers don't really change size during the seasons.

Same fucking thing to that effect, you being too lazy to even make an attempt. How do natural phenomena explain the currently spikes in data better than human influence?

>Northwest Passage

>rags

if only

Due to the thinner ice, the northern passage now exists, which is a shorter trading route for ships trading in the arctic.

Either lies or misinterpretation of data, theres no real reason otherwise to believe humans are causing climate change. Climate change can happen and it can happen relatively quickly but it doesn't require man made carbon emissions to validate it. There was an ice bridge from antarctica to south america in the 1600s and had receded quite a bit before even the industrial revolution.
You're honestly either gullible and dumb for lies of muh carbon taxes, or you're incredibly stupid and don't understand that the planet goes through warming and cooling periods constantly.

can you post the one that goes inward instead of outward? I think its ice surface area or something like that.

The greatest mystery in this thread is that what fucking words were too big for you Al

Lololol stupid faggots think oil is a limited resource when there's oil under the ice caps.

When big cities start to be flooded on a regular basis they will.

>There was an ice bridge from antarctica to south america in the 1600s
I'm sure you can provide a credible backup for that claim, because I can't find anything on quick glance.

>a few additional undiscovered finite sources of something somehow make it unlimited

believing (((Nasa)))
its a chinese hoax, the president of the united states himself said so

Nice try, that map is geographically inaccurate despite Magellan already having navigated the ice-free (!) tip of South America in 1520 and despite the Straight even being named after him in that map. It features a presumed Antarctic continent frequently featured on maps from the area, otherwise often called Terra Australis.

The strait goes through the tip of south america, which was the only way to get through cause it was sealed by ice otherwise.

Fucking brainlet.
>nice try

Oh sure, there was an ice bridge but conveniently a tiny straight just off South America was ice-free, instead of the map being simply wrong because it features a non-existent continent in place of Antarctica centuries before Antarctica was first discovered.

>The floods hit the geographical location where NYC currently is

somebody wrote this, folks. let that sink in.

this thread is so cute. Global warming is still a joke no one should take seriously. Funny seeing you nutso alarmists go nuts.

>oh god it's a degree warmer
>oh god the water raised a little

Not a big deal

I dont know if you're being retarded or what. Why cross the strait if the point of circummavigating is going around. Earlier maps didnt even give the west americas any detail or coastlines cause they couldn't make it there by sailing east from spain.

So again, why the fuck not just go around the southern tip of south america?

>patch of land that is raised slightly above sealevel

>pheomenon such as waves exist
>people lose their shit

Yes, but if through oil consumption, we are gain oil, how is this in any way limited?

Except it won't stop at 1 degree

what time frame are we talking where I would care?

>believing in the global warming hoax
it's cold out you imbeciles

You may never see the full effects, but imagine for a second that other people in the future still have to live here, garbage patched oceans and all

if they had wanted to not have shit lives maybe they should have been born earlier.
fucking lazy entitled unborn generation. what gives them the right to inherit an earth.
we're got here first, we should get to ruin the planet.

what other technology and changes will exist by that point to mitigate it?

>science goes out of its way to prove god doesn't exist and there's no repercussions for your deed and no meaning to anything
>please care about muh future generations
no reason to

Global warming sounds more and more like the rapture.
>It's coming folks! You better believe it so give me all your shekels so Jesus can save you!

not nearly as bad as you're trying to make it appear

I think he's right - maybe you should leave the echo chamber.

Different year. Also, OP's map shows thickness. Yours does not.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permian–Triassic_extinction_event

>all that ice melted
>literally nothing about this has impacted my life from 1984 forward
So I guess it was bullshit all along then.

Isn't there some disease that's supposed to wipe out the most popular type of banana soon?

>not being part of a climate change doomsday cult that wants the antarctic and greenland glaciers to melt so that you can study the rocks hidden underneath them without any stupid ice getting in the way

T. Geologist who doesnt live by the coast

wtf i love coke now