A board about science and Maths

>A board about science and Maths
>Somehow attracts some the stupidest people alive

Why does this happen?

A thread died for this.

Good riddance t b h.

wow, rude.

Because 7billion+ people are obsessed with being syntactically correct. They think its really cool to sound smart (and so do all their friends) but lack the motivation to understand beyond whomever they are gossiping to' s attention span. To them semantics is what the "media" says and maybe some "underground" knowledge from a lonely nerd.

SO:
Science and math, having these complicated sounding things, that if only you understood you could realize how fundemental/magical/spiritual/etc the real world is, attracts people with an aptitude for science but a weak spot for social interaction.

Oh also it helps people stay feeling superior, it doesn't matter if they understand it or not because there's no one there to correct them

some stupid people such as myself are self aware and are maybe lurking around in search of something interesting enough to learn about, like astrophysics in my case

I've been to other boards. They're even worse.

for real though, it's unbelievable how stupid some boards like /x/ are

/sci is full of low T numales who just repeat shit they read on wikipedia
they screetch "/pol/tard! /pol/tard/!" when anyone asks them to actually think and evaluate assumptions

i dont feel like that's true though.. minus the christian posters Veeky Forums is pretty good. Veeky Forums is patrician tier, filled with people who genuinely love history and pedos that love classical pedo art. even the pokemon board is better than this.. any of the low pop boards that are mostly filled with people that are genuinely passionate about the subject of the board are the most intelligent

obviously /x/ is going to be filled with retards, /mlp/ /b/ /pol/ /r9k/ the most popular boards are all designed to house retards

Veeky Forums lately, year by year, converges to literally being 1/3rd "i bet u cant solve this (aka do my homework)" problems, 1/3rd elon musk fanboys and pop sci afficionados, and 1/3rd rick sanchez wannabes that think they solved p=np

swear it wasn't always this bad but maybe im wrong

This is what happens when you create a sounding board for failed STEM autists.

The pol-tard bit was a little too projective/revealing on your end, but I have to agree with your overall sentiment.

It's always been this bad.

kek

same guy here, i don't remember it being this bad

i just remember about 50% /adv/ threads about how to start math, dumb pop sci threads (but not this dumb), and i guess the homework threads have always been common and always will be

The g factor does not explain much intelligence. A lot of people here are good with numbers but verbally, musically, philosophically, and artistically dumb as rocks.

It's because it's about science before being about math. Many of its users think that science is superior to math and can do without.

/pol/ crossposters, mainly

math is a science

pseuds love to pretend to know stuff, but even moreso, kids that just took calc 2 like to think they're math geniuses

literally no one says this

I do all the time

(Figuratively)

>It's because it's about science before being about math

/int/, /x/, /pol/, /tv/, and all of the shitpost containment boards are unironically dumber than rocks.

>I N B 4 D U N N I N G K R U G E R

sometimes it takes the untrained mind to see things clearly. there are plenty of people on sci who are absolutely fuckarded when it comes to politics. total fucking gibs me dat nigger tier communists.

btw guys i made an quantum conciousness thread so feel free to join me.

>communists
>retarded
kek

science is a math

Nigger

But to answer your question op, its because everyone here is in high school

>

>blacks do a lot of murdering
and how! but i don't see how that's relevant to the issue of whether or not bourgeois rule is against everyone else's interests

There's been a real influx to /pol/ in recent times of genuine paranoid schizophrenics, I suppose some of them see Veeky Forums has a science board and then wander in to have some of their retarded beliefs confirmed

sigh.

>human labour hours are not a proper currency

i think pic related is what you are after.

Yay! I like you very much. Please use your personality profile as an NLP template.

I'm actually surprised at reading something so cogent and engaging, so, thank you for teaching me something.

because computer "scientists" think they belong here

Trolling is a art.

>not exploiting your parents labor and complaining about capitalism
brainlet detected

I was disappointed in /x/. I thought it would be full of entertaining nuttiness, but it's mostly just people trying to troll nutjobs. Real nutjobs there seem surprisingly scarce.

/x/ used to be a lot of fun, years ago.
I don't think they ever recovered from the world not ending in 2012.

Doesn't help that you people seem physically incapable of not taking the most obvious bait.
>Surely this user is only posting flat earth threads because he's genuinely ignorant of a fact that was proven by bronze age greeks with some sticks and shadows.

they totally misunderstand the first word in
peer review

>I don't think they ever recovered from the world not ending in 2012.

OR DID IT?????????

O Shit

P=preposition
NP=noun phrase
preposition != noun phrase

Therefore

P!=NP

Have you been to literally any other board in here

>your average /pol/tard when it comes to politics
>here is a massive compilation of isolated incidents that are only made to insight a stupid emotional reaction

nice
Communists are also Cultural Marxists I guess too

Someone summed it up nicely in another thread. People are scared. Values are changing, they're losing their jobs, and they feel things are only going to get worse. So they latch onto crackpot ideas and vote for ideologues who tell them comforting untruths.

I chalk it up moreso to bare ignorance.