Why are engineers hated by everyone else on STEM?

Why are engineers hated by everyone else on STEM?
I need serious answers.

...Engineers aren't really hated by most other STEM Majors, at least not at my uni. idk, maybe with the exception of a couple of physics majors. I've seen way more hatred from STEM Majors who aren't engineers towards engineers on Veeky Forums than I've seen hatred from STEM-majors who aren't engineers towards engineers irl. However, I know some non-STEM Majors who don't like engineers because they see them as arrogant and/or socially inept. In reality, most of the engineers I've come across are pretty normal people.

I like to distinguish myself from engineers as someone who does not use CAD software. I am a chalkboard person and an engineer is a computer person.

t. physicist

because "yeah so what i didnt show my work or know how to do it, i got the right answer" doesnt translate to real life

Everyone else in STEM works with abstract concepts and is effectively too autistic to deal with the real world, whereas engineers make the real world their topic of choice, so naturally there's tension.

because every important inventor, and tech figurehead of the 21st century has a background in Engineering for the most part.

physics major generally just joke about them, not "hate" them. the only people I've seen hate engineers is people who browse Veeky Forums

Engineers are terrible at CAD. They cannot do the simplest things.

t. CAD operator.

Are you saying you're an engineer yourself and that's the joke, or is there some other group of people who use CAD that I didn't know about until now?

Science has almost begun to redeem its bad faith simply because it's taking its self-assured positivism to its logical conclusion, the point of self-destruction. Engineering is already there. Engineering doesn't care about the "why" or the reality of their work, they only care that it has repeatable empirical results that can make products. This is a good thing, ultimately, as science will push itself out of its false domain of prescriptive metaphysics and simply reside in the realm of pure mechanistic pragmatism, giving the reigns back over to rationalism to do the prescribing.

Because they're a lot like pre-meds.

People hate engineers?

There is some jokes here and there about engineers, mathematicians and physicists in my uni (like pi = 3, asians and normie stuff). If you do your job and be a actual nice guy to deal, no one will hate you.

I must say that actual hate exists towards slackers and people who don't do their job right.

only on Veeky Forums and it's actually just thinly-veiled envy

>engineering doesn’t care about the “why”
except it does, to a point. at a certain point you just need to accept some things as axioms otherwise you’re literally double majoring in physics and even that will boil down to answers that aren’t certain

We say it is "explanation"; but it is only in "description" that we are in advance of the older stages of knowledge and science.
The peculiarity, for example, in every chemical process seems a "miracle," the same as before, just like all locomotion; nobody has "explained" impulse. How could we ever explain! We operate only with things which do not exist, with lines, surfaces, bodies, atoms, divisible times, divisible spaces how can explanation ever be possible when we first make everything a conception, our conception!

They're the nurses of STEM

engineering undergrads who take high level science/math courses are dumber than shit, from my experience

PhD engineers = surgeons
PhD scientists = internists
BS engineers = nurses
BS scientists = CNAs (asswipers)

should be
phd engineer = surgeon
phd scientist = assistant nursing 101 lecturer
bs engineers = nurses
bs scientists = unemployed

phd engineer = surgeon
phd scientist = assistant nursing 101 lecturer
bs engineers = nurses
bs scientists = unemployed

bs computer scientist = head of medical departement (expert in multiple medicine specialities and practices)

ph.d computer scientists = psycho-energy secret healers

>bs computer scientist = head of medical departement (expert in multiple medicine specialities and practices)
more like the hospital IT guy

more like

bs computer scientist = head of medical marijuana department

phd computer scientists = psilocybin dealers

Because they act snobbish when they order their Large Coke and a Big Mac from us.

I think it has something to do with the fact that theory is harder than practice and still pays less, I could be wrong though.

They come in two flavors.

Physicists and Mathematicians that see you as inferior.

and

Physicists and Mathematicians that see you as "Kawaii".

>I need serious answers.
>posts question on 4 chan

So the general opinion seems to be that, where physicists and mathematicians are very concerned with the underlying principle of things, engineers are only concerned with applying it, thus tending toward ignorance on these subjects. This ignorance, coupled with a decent paycheck, inflates their sense of self worth, causing them to come across as rich, arrogant, idiots. Is that the case?