How smart was he?

how smart was he?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/stream/IndustrialSocietyAndItsFuture-TheUnabombersManifesto/IndustrialSocietyAndItsFuture-theUnabombersManifesto_djvu.txt
modernnotion.com/the-harvard-experiment-that-may-have-triggered-the-unabomber/
theanarchistlibrary.org/library/ted-kaczynski-ship-of-fools
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Very. 160 IQ smart. He was smart for a mathematician and got appointed at UC Berkeley when he was like 24.

probably intelligent but with some sort of mental illness

like most smart people

he wasn't mentally ill, he just couldn't get laid coz he was shy and awkward, that's why started killing ppl.

no he was actually MKULTRA'd.

Wtf i love street fighters now

Really smart, and his essays aren't just rambles, but being a fucking autist and refusing to interact with people makes you lose empathy, and the possibility of discussing your viewpoints which leads to a more wise and calm mind.

>how smart was he?
>was
You guys know that Kacynski's still alive, right?

Like other posters said, he had been admitted to Harvard at 16 & completed his PhD and was appointed as assistant professor at 24. Mathematicians said he was publishing at a promising rate, and his early work on complex analysis proved predictive of an illustrious career. This is why we remember him — most serial killers, even if in the 99th percentile of charm or sociability (Jeffrey Dahmer or John Wayne Gacy Jr.), tend to at least not be intelligent.

Nigga definitely got MKUltra'd out the ass; the CIA was boolin in the 60s giving 14 year olds LSD and taking shy quiet math nerds and putting them through psychological torture

archive.org/stream/IndustrialSocietyAndItsFuture-TheUnabombersManifesto/IndustrialSocietyAndItsFuture-theUnabombersManifesto_djvu.txt

The Unabomber Manifesto can be found here.
To one of us, the most striking thing about it is how exactly /pol/ it is.

the definition of 2smart2deep4u

very smart but not a genius. The only reason we talk about him is his criminal notoriety plus intellect, and we shouldn't lose sight of that.

t. looking into his math work. (fig taken from the dissertation)

A smart person would've found a way to propagate his ideals without landing his ass in prison for several lifetimes.

I think you are missing his point. He wanted people to read his work and now thousands have and thousand more will in the future.

As a sophomore, Kaczynski participated in a study described by author Alton Chase as a "purposely brutalizing psychological experiment", led by Harvard psychologist Henry Murray. Subjects were told they would be debating personal philosophy with a fellow student, and were asked to write essays detailing their personal beliefs and aspirations. The essays were turned over to an anonymous attorney, who in a later session would confront and belittle the subject – making "vehement, sweeping, and personally abusive" attacks – using the content of the essays as ammunition, while electrodes monitored the subject's physiological reactions. These encounters were filmed, and subjects' expressions of rage were later played back to them repeatedly.[20] The experiment ultimately lasted three years, with someone verbally abusing and humiliating Kaczynski each week.[21][22] Kaczynski's lawyers later attributed his hostility towards mind control techniques to this experience.[20] Some sources have suggested that Murray's experiments were part of, or indemnified by, the US Government's research into mind control known as the MK ULTRA project.[23][24][25] Chase[7][26] and others[27][28] have also suggested that this experience may have motivated Kaczynski's criminal activities, while philosopher Jonathan D. Moreno has said that Kaczynski's later bombing campaign can "by no means be laid at Harvard's door".

Mystery solved

The only people who read his book are people who already agreed with his dumb ass lmao

Not that smart.

Arch-Wizard tier, however due to his attributes to darkness he went mad with power.

>MK ULTRA project.[23][24][25]
well shit. there it is.

>Trap

*Meanwhile, deep inside a psychiatrists/psychologists lair*

"And they dared call me a "soft science" those fools."

/pol/ would be a great place if it articulated and made reasonable arguments like Ted. What I read was something /pol/ wants to emulate, but then goes full retard with extremes, constant ad hominem, massively subjective opinions peddled as fact, and huge leaps in logic. All while being dismissive of anything that goes against the herd mentality. The manifesto if anything describes /pol/ as almost leftist to a T, but replace minorities, women, and disabled “clucks” (kek) with different groups perceived as being attacked.

He won the fields medal. Only given out every four years.

And what about everyone else involved in the study who didn't end up becoming killers?

modernnotion.com/the-harvard-experiment-that-may-have-triggered-the-unabomber/

Some ideals are easier to propagate than others - advocating for the dismantling of industrial society being a particularly unpopular line of thought.

So I take you haven't read the manifesto because that is not how Ted saw leftists.

I work at a college, I see a lot of young people and his stuff on lefties rings pretty true on a large scale. They're more often unattractive, so they glom onto a larger group to feel powerful. There's this weird thing that happens in college where the unpopular kids from high school become the new popular kids, and when they taste it they have this sort of frantic need for it and they get little man syndrome basically. It happens with clan/group based video games too, you can see it on Veeky Forums in almost every general.

He was unironically an anarchist and therefore a brainlet by default

write him a letter and find out

Very intelligent but mentally damaged by MKultra, and mentally ill as a result of the damage.

>attributing his well-reasoned, thought-provoking and revolutionary political manifesto to lunacy
t. spoopy spook alphabet soup agency psyops shitposter

t. t. spoopy spook alphabet soup agency psyops shitposter

the manifesto is pathetic, low iq for sure

Who cares. His ideas were solid and they got quite the acknowledgement from those who read it. He did advanced math on a scientific level, so that should answer your question.

People often misattribute things or misunderstand his actual ideas and arguments. I've read quite a few of his works and must say he was pretty objective and there's a huge chance he was right.

Tl;dr of the future prospects according to him are: bad, bad and worse, with a constant decline to the point of either human extinction, enslavement or indeed a small chance of a minor improvement and a level of quality slightly higher than current, but still a lot lower than what dismantling the system would give.

Anyone arguing he isn't a genius needs to evaluate their self image.

Not everybody reacts to things in the same way you retarded tripfaggot

Source?

He was only caught because his brother recognized his handwriting

just shit over the place constantly
smoked weed
graduated university at age 3
believed in god
failed his driving test 17 times

iq: 168

>how smart was he?
I liked the story he wrote

theanarchistlibrary.org/library/ted-kaczynski-ship-of-fools

Incredibly, TK was the first to realize the absolute necessity of CSicide. Anyone pill'd on the reality of the CS meme knows this.

Read "Industrial society and its future" and figure it out for yourself, faggot

ignore it and read the source material, then - its interesting stuff and I mean entry level stuff like the bell curve and not necessarily mein kampf

I'm most curious about how he feels about mathematics. Whenever I look him up all I find is discussion on his book or his anti industrialism.

He claims that mathematics is a surrogate activity invented by humans only to waste time. It's fake.

From a certain perspective, he puts too much value on human life. Why would he advocate the destruction of industrial society, to improve human life? The industrial world we have now spends lives, consumes us all, we're just meat for a machine. That machine is producing something, and it's called the future. One could say this guy would instead have us stagnate, living calm agrarian lives and never turning our eyes to the stars, remembering human feet on the moon not as a triumph of our species but instead a monument to waste and greed.

Fuck that guy, I wanna see tron lines on everything.