Climate deniers try denying this

>worst hurricane to hit Ireland in recorded history
>starts snowing in MARCH
>government shutdown of all private businesses due to safety concerns for TWO DAYS
WHAT'S GOING ON?¿?¿?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S0nYB2x7jcU
theenergycollective.com/roger-arnold/2381301/the-carbonate-solution-part-1-brute-force
forbes.com/sites/trevornace/2018/02/27/collapse-polar-vortex-arctic-melting-winter/#582914ca39cd
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Debbie_(1961)
realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2016/05/comparing-models-to-the-satellite-datasets/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Seriously though, fuck fossil fuels. Can't we just forget America and leave the naysayers behind while we colonate Mars?

weather ≠ climate

Weather does strange things sometimes, dipshit.

No, since American companies are the ones getting us to Mars whatsoever

worst hurricane in recorded history - strange
worst hurricane in recorded history AND a blizzard 3 months later = pattern
I don't like this new tren of unpredictable weather

Texas here,

Didn't you get the memo? We redirected the Gulf Stream.

Sincerely,

Texas

P.S. We are full!

Snowing in late Feb is quite literally more common than doing so prior to christmas.

We warned them but the big oil financed evangelicals told them otherwise.

I have no pity for the millions that will die, they deserve it.

It's the environmental damage that hurts me deeply.

Why are climate activists so fucking stupid?

Their whole rhetoric is against the whole "It is cold where I live therefore no climatechange" meme.

But morons like OP literally make the same argument.

Irish user here
They're overreacting as usual. It's just a bit of snow.

global warming btfo

>shutting down business because of a little snow

Why are non Americans such pussies

What are you talking about? Atlanta was almost Walking Dead panic mode a while back when it snowed an inch. Idiots just don't know how to deal with driving in snow.

If you voted Trump please fuck out of my thread

WRONG
Try talking shit about Ireland again dummy. It rarely ever snows here (once or twice in my lifetime) and snowing in MARCH is unheard of.

It's getting so hot that europe is freezing, I don't know why dumb ass conservitards can't see it being against climate change should be illegal.

Snow is extremely rare here. It would be like if Sweden had a major earthquake, our infrastructure isn't prepared for it. In the coming years a lot of Western countries will have to adapt to conditions we subject poor East Asian pacific countries to annually with global warming induced storms.

>WHAT'S GOING ON?¿?¿?

Confiration bias, and the headlines that sell newspapers and drive clicks.

How many rather nice days were there in Ireland during the past year? Didn't generate a lot of headlines, though, did they?

>Storm Emma

FUCK THE FUCKING WEATHER CHANNEL AND THEIR BOGUS NAMING EVERY FUCKING SNOWSTORM.

Plotting a curve with two data points.

THIS MEANS SOMETHING

>Idiots just don't know how to deal with driving in snow.

Well of course not, they almost never get to practice.

And cities like Atlanta, for what it is worth, usually get freezing rain instead of or under the snow. Everything has a sheet of smooth ice on it, with not enough snow on top to provide any traction. It's harder to drive on than a good shit-ton of snow.

>a curve
>not knowing statistics
what's the probability of these two events happening close to each other? Intuition says it's low enough to be statistically significant implying some sort of causation

how long is your lifetime

Ok before you say correlation doesn't imply causation you have to understand that it's really correlation doesn't necessarily imply a direct causation (ie. the hurricane caused the blizzard)
but correlation generally implies some kind of causation (like maybe global warming caused them both) of some sort but not necessarily, could still be a coincidence

Coldest winter in last 15 years
>muh agw! You can't use local weather to disprove it!

Destructive weather at a weird time
>local weather events prove agw

Hurrrrr

You guys are fucking retarded

Yes, you better vite for white genocide and million African refugees a year.
Trump turned to be piece of shit tho.

it's more often more anomalous on the warm side than the cold side
people have gotten used to it being warmer every year so they don't worry about it
it's like this: we're steadily warming but then we randomly have isolated extreme cold events
like it was record cold for like 2 weeks back in December but then for the past two months it's been warmer than historically (but not usual)

This. I've been in this country for 29 years and we ALWAYS get our snow every year during the middle and end of February.

Also,I wonder if these "scientists" have records of recorded weather from 200 years ago.

from 1850 forward, it's a best estimate based on aggregates of many historical sources (because they sucked at being accurate back in the day)
anything older than that we use ice core samples, tree rings, soil core samples, basically anything that's been around that long

Why is it so hard for them to understand we don't think climate change isn't real? We just believe it's part of the natural warming and cooling process of the earth and has no correlation with human interaction.

>all-natural temperature spike that just so happens to coincide with industrialization, everyone!

>That "worst" hurricane turned out to be weaker than a regular storm we experienced just a few weeks later.
>It regularly snows here in APRIL
>Nanny state interference.

Snow in Rome (Italy) 3 days ago

Heavy snow in Vatican City 3 days ago

It's "warming"

Snow in Sicily (South Italy) 2 days ago

Snow in Naples (South Italy)

>Wow the Snow is so hot and Warm! Global Warming must be real.

Snow in Corsica (French Island in Mediterranean Sea between Marselles and Italy) yesterday

Snow in Corsica (French Island in Mediterranean Sea) yesterday.

>Wow, too hot for Mediterranean coast isn't?

Snow in Pompei (South Italy)

Heaviest Snow in Italy in 50 years.

>Super Cold?
>It's must be the Global Warming!

Climate change models indicates that the northern hemisphere would get more extreme weather before year-round global warming sets in.

Did you know there was a arm period during the roman times that was so warm you could actually grow grapes for wine in England? That's something they are only starting up recently again. Then just 1500 years later, the winters were so cold that the Thames froze over so thickly that they used to hold fairs on top of it! Climate changes all the time, the lining up with human events is mere coincidence.

That's like saying your TV broke by coincidence after hitting it with an axe, but whatever, pointless to argue with retards

Except Europe is turning colder, not warmer, because the Golf Current is changing.

No it isn't. Europe has warmed considerably.

you don't get it, it doesn't matter, you can pour billions of tons of CO2 in the atmosphere and it won't have any effect whatsoever, whatever happens is just nature's normal cycle

Back to you drooling retard.

i was being sarcastic, pay more attention to the tone

Medieval warm period isn't real life. The maunder minimum was the result of sunspot activity. Case closed.

reminder that most of the people against the climate cultists are not so because they don't believe it's happening, but because they are against the solution proposed

True.

they still deny science
there are lots of solutions but we know agw is real

wouldn't want to give up any modern convenience, and why care anyway it's only their children and grandchildren who will feel the worst of it, so fuck it

>It rarely ever snows here
>If you voted Trump

so you live in america, or live in ireland? which is it? why do you care about both?

I like it. I's -25°C here. I got my snowpants and my snow jacket and my snow goggles, my shemagh, and I fucking love it.

streets are empty, everything is white, smooth, and silent, the ground is nice and crunchy, I'm nice and warm and fuzzy, everything is perfect.

I wish it was like this all year round.

1 minute of googling shows that it's not really uncommon, nigger

And we are talking about CLIMATE change, not the current weather, you should educate yourself about the difference

>this inconvenient post will be ignored by alarmists

>solution

obvious /pol/ falseflag
aaand right on schedule:
take your (You) and get out of here

It's actually been an above average warm winter in the northern hemisphere if you look at the actual data. There were a few record cold days, but on average it has been WARMER than average in most of the US this winter, most of Europe and most of the rest of the Northern Hemisphere, especially the arctic.

Cat Traps > Cat Girls
youtube.com/watch?v=S0nYB2x7jcU

What solution? There is no one single solution proposed to combat climate change.

BUMP
it's still snowing and everything is CLOSED
Fuck, I wanted to go to the cinema today. Fuck Americans.

Nuclear, lots of it.
Synthetic gasoline. I hope.
Negative emissions via the quicklime basalt method.
theenergycollective.com/roger-arnold/2381301/the-carbonate-solution-part-1-brute-force

Excepting the negative emissions, it might not even be that expensive.

BUMP

one shitpost = strange
two shitposts = a pattern emerges

So predictable this thread brought out all the /pol/tards

>HURR cold weather means it's not global warming!

forbes.com/sites/trevornace/2018/02/27/collapse-polar-vortex-arctic-melting-winter/#582914ca39cd

CIA trying out the Zephyros satellite above the Atlantic Ocean

Nothing to see.

If you were serious about fucking fossil fuels you'd advocate for orbital powersats, not replacing nuclear powerstations with natural gas or NWO carbon credit garbage.

Schizophrenia belongs on

>Nuclear Power cleaner than Fossil Fuels

Is banning CO2 a strategy to replace safer Fossil-Fuel power station by dangerous Nuclear power station who can possibly meltdown, blow up, spreading nuclear radiation fallout, killing most of Human population causing a Nuclear Goyim Massacre as revenge for the Holocaust.

(((They))) are cunning. That's the plan, White genocide by Nuclear Holocaust.

See

As opposed to spreading that radiation in the form of radioactive trace elements (in addition to heavy metals) during the operational time of a coal reactor? Coal farts up 5 times the amount of radioactive elements per watt a nuclear reactor _uses_.
Modern nuclear reactor designs are literally walk away-safe because of passive cooling systems and such, but nobody is building those because because of expenses caused by heavy regulation.
The cores of molten salt reactors in particular are physically unable to melt down

It's quite funny actually, the amount of research done into the affects of meltdowns is actually quite low but the growing body of research is pointing to very low health affects long term for anyone not in very close proximity to the reactor.

Part of the problem is just general FUD, radiation is a super scary thing that people freak out about, even though it is part of our daily lives. The second problem is that we have gotten very good at detecting radiation in even extremely small quantities. You can buy meters that will detect radiation of levels a fraction above background, even though you need many hundreds of times that level to pose any short term danger.

People researching the Fukushima disaster found that more harm was caused by forcing people to evacuate the areas around the power plant than the radiation would have caused them, including moving the people outside to evacuate during the "fallout" instead of them staying indoors.

>WORST HURRICANE EVER GUYS, TRUST ME

>>worst hurricane to hit Ireland in recorded history

>>>worst hurricane to hit Ireland in recorded history

>>>worst hurricane to hit Ireland in recorded history

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Debbie_(1961)

That moment when you realize the Earth wipes out almost 100% of flora and fauna and 90% of ocean flora and fauna every few million years.

I agree it's sad to know that there are plants and animals that we'll never see again because we killed them all (Tasmanian Tiger, White Rhino, that panda, etc) but the fact is, it's nothing compared to what naturally occurs every few million years. We're just speeding up the process for a infinitesimal period of time and long after we're gone the Earth will keep cycling until it gets engulfed by the Sun and all the stars freeze and collapse into a blackhole.

100% land flora and fauna*

but that's not right tho

End Ordovician, 444 million years ago, 86% of species lost
Late Devonian, 375 million years ago, 75% of species lost
End Permian, 251 million years ago, 96% of species lost
End Triassic, 200 million years ago, 80% of species lost
End Cretaceous, 66 million years ago, 76% of all species lost

Slight exaggeration but the point still stands. Our affect is negligible.

You are right, but that doesn't mean we are not having an affect that will fuck up our societies.
Yes, we can adapt, but it's the cost of adaptation. Do we spend now to reduce the cost of what will occur or spend later?

Only the most fear mongering suggest we are going to cause anything close to an extinction level event from our affect on the climate.

>what's the probability of these two events happening close to each other
Doesn't matter: sample size too small. Even if the odds are super tiny, it in no way indicates a change in long term weather patterns. Flipping a coin heads 30 times in a row is nearly impossible, but it starts with only two heads in a row. Until we get more freak weather events in rapid succession, we won't know of this is the first two heads of 30, or just two heads and than back to normal.

If this was a bad hurricane season, yes, and some freezing weather later in the year, but until we get record breaking hurricanes every season, and later winters every year, there is not enough evidence yet to indicate if weather patterns have significantly changed.

Unfortunately, consecutive record breaking weather year after year is what it will take to finally convince the general population that things are going to drastically change for the worse, and by then we won't be able to do much except endure it. The saying "back in my day, had to walk to school in the snow uphill both ways" we have its meaning reversed, describing how things used to be easier instead of how they used to be harder.

yeah.. low odds doesn't mean much. it's more like tossing a bunch of coins in the air and asking what are the chances of that specific result--very low! in other words, the chances of one specific sequence happening is low, but the chances of ANY such sequence happening is 100%. you can always say some aspect of the weather somewhere is super rare. it was true in the past and will be true in the future, but won't mean anything until a significant pattern emerges.

How valid is this graph? I've seen it posted on many anti cc websites

>understand the scientific consensus of climate change
>only see value in nature as it relates to humanity
>know most of humanity is worthless and not worth saving
>mfw actually hope shit starts going sideways faster that the estimates
Can't argue with the blackpill.

Look up the grand solar minimum. Theres many tough years ahead and by tough I mean really cold.

>Trying to be sarcastic on this besket weaving forum.
>Trying to admit to sarcasm on this basket weaving forum

I know where your from faggot now fuck off back there.

>How valid is this graph?
Not at all.
realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2016/05/comparing-models-to-the-satellite-datasets/

There's basically zero evidence for the apocalyptic cooling the "grand solar minimum" folks are throwing around. If a solar minimum occurs it will at best hide some of the human-caused warming for a while.

So why does your leader claim on his twitter it's entirely fake and a Chinese conspiracy?

>If it's cold somewhere means the average isn't rising
>Rising temperature couldn't be the cause of more air movement, like a massive cold air mass from Siberia onto Europe
>Despite the fact that it's been decades scientists say climate change include more extreme weather events, still claim the increase number of extreme weather events isn't linked to climate change.

>There was a dozen warmer winters some time ago, it means dumping billions of tons of carbon into the atmosphere doesn't change the composition of the atmosphere.
On a related note, I'm the king of England. I have a tin foil crown.

>I already hit my foot on a corner a few times, it means I can shoot myself in the foot. Won't be problematic at all.