Is there any possible way to avoid entropy?

Is there any possible way to avoid entropy?
The heat death of the universe scares me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vvkIF0NlIzA
nature.com/nature/journal/v505/n7484/full/505580a.html
discord
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>avoid
You would have to die so blindingly quick RIGHT NOW for you avoid any further entropy i might find this question interesting.

Like so fast and nothing could do it without increasing entropy so it would prob be magic

Way to get triggered

> avoid entropy?
how does that even make sense ? entropy is a physical quantity, thats like asking if theres a possible way of avoiding velocity or energy or mass.

Well don't ask a god about entropy ok?

It's not like I had a choice, the brane-god sets those rules and if he wants entropy it's fucking THERE

Do you plan to live long enough for the heat death to happen?

Well, you could die of LOW entropy by having yourself frozen.
Of course, entropy would necessarily increase elsewhere.

Life cannot exist without entropy. If it DIDN'T increase continually, there'd be no stars, planets, and no you.
Be grateful for entropy!
It's granted you a (temporary) reprieve from non-existence. Best part of a trillion years. Whaddaya want, egg in your beer?

Stop what you're doing for as long as you can.

Just lock yourself in a freezer to lower your entropy

Well what about black holes

Perhaps there is some entropy trickery with Planck lengths, time dilation, event horizon, gamma radiations... surely that's enough science words to get someone intellegents attention...

Do black holes fuck with entropy?

Read asimov

Mine energy from other universes.

Two words: hawking radiation.
Black holes are the cause of heat-death.

Black Holes have MORE entropy per unit volume (inside the event horizon) than anything else which can exist in the universe.

Briefly, entropy is a measure of what you can't summarize succinctly. An ordered deck of cards can be recreated from a brief description. "Suits in this order. Ace to King within each suit." A shuffled deck requires you to call out the names of 51 cards.
What went into a Hole can't be reconstructed at all. Any combination of matter & energy with that mass, spin, and charge is equally likely.

Beckenstein was first to recognize that "entropy always increases" was equivalent to "surface of event horizon always grows". Hawking resisted, then capitulated and got the radiation named for him because he was first to explain the mechanism.

be creative, help others, perform selfless service.

>if theres a possible way of avoiding velocity or energy or mass.

I haven't been to mass in years. So it is possible.

youtube.com/watch?v=vvkIF0NlIzA

mass isnt something you can 'be to', if you're typing this you have mass.

Catholicism.

You won't be alive, get scared by death like a normal person

what the fuck are you talking about

Going to mass
It was a pun, user. A form of humor.

without entropy, nothing would happen at all
no heat death would occur, but honestly heat death sounds less scary to me

heat death sounds more scary to me

heat death means no more entropy, that's the only way to escape entropy, letting it max out

poincaré recurrence theorem: if the universe is bounded, it will eventually return to a previous state. Id est, you might exist agains after the heat death. and the second heat death. and again, and a gain. You will be born again, and you will die again. for all infinity.

That's like asking if there's any possible way to avoid "down." It's there, it always be there, and there will always be things that move in that direction. You, me, everything in the universe is already dead... we just have the unpleasant experience of experiencing the relentless procession to darkness on our respective light cones.

All you can do is enjoy the ride, user.

You will never have to worry.

we cool it down

There are physical upper limits to how far you can extend heat death, even in a time travel universe:

nature.com/nature/journal/v505/n7484/full/505580a.html

Obviously there are many things you can do, even today, to "avoid" highly entropic processes.

Well, according to those who say the universe has always existed, it surely will not end by a heat death in the future, because it would have already ended in the infinite time before us. Ask those genius atheists for the answer

Well entropy is inevitable it is very reasonable to assume it wont actually affect for several millenia, so neither you nor me have to worry about it, GO LAZINESS!!!!

>the heat death

Nothing is going to die, shit's just going to go crazy and then probably manifest into something else

It doesn't make any sense and no one is going to be able to change that in my lifetime, sucks

Wow cool thanks. I struggle with understanding entropy even though I can visualize concepts of it like osmosis, when something cold touches something hot, etc..

But I still don't get the whole picture so It helps a ton hearing other descriptions that aren't linguisticly rigerous. (Brainletism)

entropy is the likeliest outcome but it doesnt have to happen. Small random drops in entropy have been observed and the big bang couldve been a large random drop in entropy in an otherwise dead universe

Get in here if you don't want to die:
discord (DOT) gg/ftSbffu
discord (DOT) gg/DDpUqJh

>millenia
Try hundreds of trillions of years

>The heat death of the universe scares me.
incalculable ages of homo sapiens and their innumerable descendants will flourish and perish before heat death. its not like you'll be around for it.

Are you actually special needs? I'm asking because anyone with an IQ of over 80 could tell that his original
>I haven't been to mass in years.
comment was a joke about going to catholic mass.

What the fuck are you babbling about?

i thought he was talking about massachusetts

If there was no heat death, humans would still most likely die out probabilistically.

How the fuck can you be this slow on the uptake? Its was a joke.

>The heat death of the universe scares me.
Why? You'll be loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong dead by then.

Ah, of course. My mistake. I'll keep this in mind in case 90 IQ another sky worshipper accousts me with his ghastly presence. I didn't expect...erm...his kind to inhabit this subforum and so the context of the joke was unimaginable.