NIRad

Hallo.

We live in apartment and it is very small. Up one floor there is a much nicer/larger apartment.

However, in straight line of sight, ~380m away, there is a Cellphone tower (like in picture).

(our apartment level currently sheltered by warehouse).

Is this type of non-ionizing radiation, at this distance, a significant threat?

*We are considering moving to the apartment in question, but this is our only concern.

nah you'e good senpai, if any significant EM power was being deposited in your meaty bodies the transceiver would deliver no data and cost a ton.

Thanks for the reply!

Maybe i'm just being paranoid, but we have similar types of radiation at my workplace (radars and such), and we're up for execution if we disregard safety practices/distances etc.

Also! My Other Half is currently building our first Child (due in a few months)...I expect it's little meathead will be much more susceptible than ours?

Yes. EM pollution

No.

Not only is it an unnatural energy field, but it's designed to transmit long distance, and we'd potentially be right in the line of fire. I'm not convinced that there's no danger...all studies i've found seem to be biased, one way or the other.

Some more input would be appreciated.

It is a threat, not huge, but i would choose somewhere else especially with a new child. If you do choose to, you could create a makeshift Faraday cage barrier

just block out the windows with lead

I did consider the (incomplete) Faraday Cage thing and shielding that side of the apartment, but i'd just be echoing back any radiation coming from the other side, or inside the building.

If I went to "Cage" the whole apartment, i'd need to shield the floor and ceiling too, as there would be a lot of pollution coming from upper and lower apartments, and other residual signals. That would be the same as the other scenario...any signals that do get through, or originate inside our apartment would just be bounced around within our walls.

I'd just do the simple thing and move somewhere a bit more rural, but I need to stay in the vicinity for work, and prices here are astronomical, so options are limited (Auckland, NZ).

No.

t. RF Engineer

RF Engineer fag again:

Think about it, you're literally constantly being bombarded with these signals every single moment of every single day. Even can't escape it entirely, because satellites nigga

RF Engineer nigga again:

Your cell phone and your computer also emit these signals. Either you eliminate everything you own with connectivity and care yourself in or you go to forever

yes, a lot of research done on it, conclusion is controversial, but all the null effects are reported by studies fundend by cellphone companies

That doesn't mean its ok.

Decide for yourself whether it's "ok" or not then, because "ok" is completely fucking subjective you cum stain.

And when you make that decision, either take necessary measures to block it out as close to 100% as possible and live with the consequences of not being connected to the internet and living in the middle of nowhere or accept that you're going to be bombarded with RF signals 24/7 like the rest of normal civilized society

You seem like you made this thread just for someone to tell you it's bad, rather than hearing what people have to say. I can tell you're already convinced it's bad. So if that's the case, go full and gtfoh

Let's replace it with healthy instead. There are alternatives and im sure low power radio will be become better as technology advances :) ideally neutrino internet would be least polluting but its not exactly within our practical reach.
Im not OP, but yeah sure.

there are way less signals out in back and beyond, and you can really feel it. the electrosmog of the city is not as nice as electroquiet

neutrinos would be the least effective way to pass information even if we could do it what the fuck why are you speculating on this bullshit when you know nothing about neither communications nor particle physics?

>Unnatural
There's natural sources of RF that humans have been exposed to for millennia
>Designed to transmit long distance
Designed to do the exact opposite, hence the term "cell"
>Right in the line of fire
By the time it reaches your apartment, its signal strength is going to be several orders of magnitude less than it is at the source.

>You can really feel it
Subjective anecdotal evidence is my favorite kind of evidence!

I moved from a tiny town in the middle of nowhere with shit reception to a city with cell sites every few blocks. I feel zero difference.

That is not OP - I am.

Although what you say has some truth to it. I do want to hear that there are some proven negative effects (effects inflicted on subjects in a similar situation to mine).

However, I also know I will be very hard pressed to live free of this type of pollution, and still be living in any practical sense. The point here is that i'm trying to mitigate exposure.

>Tower is 380 m away
>OP moving 1 floor (~3 m) UPWARDS
>In fact not moving any meaningful distance closer to the tower which they are already quite far away from as far as inner city radio transmitters go

You can't be serious, your WiFi router is probably giving you more watts of microwaves.

Lol im leaving Veeky Forums bye faggots

The fact that we are moving up a floor, and across, puts us in direct line of sight (the frequency range of the radiation in question is affected by this). We are currently shielded by a very large warehouse.

I expect we are still getting a dose of this radiation, despite currently being out of the line of sight, but once again, i'm just wanting to mitigate exposure.

>the frequency range of the radiation in question is affected by this
Please learn what words mean before you use them
Why do you want to mitigate exposure?
Why do you believe its bad for you?
Why are you asking Veeky Forums and not /x/ when you've clearly already made up your mind?

It doesn't matter. In fact, it should be a benefit for you as you might get better mobile reception. But if you live in an urban area there will be another tower a similar distance away without anything blocking it (not that the warehouse necessarily does).

How often can you see a radio tower yet you still get good LTE reception?

If you had 1 kW of energy being directed through a +25 dBi antenna straight at you (Generous as cell towers aren't this powerful and don't broadcast to one point), and you were 380 m away and 2 m tall by 0.5 m wide, you would receive 14 mW of RF power through your body (14 mW/m^2). Exposure limits are 100 000 mW/m^-2, a factor of 10^4 higher than a generous exposure calculated for you in your apartment.

A 0.316 W Wifi router (+25 dBm which I think is normal) with a 1 dBi antenna would put into you, if you were standing 0.5 m away, 0.1 W (0.1 W/m^-2) of energy. A similar amount to the theoretical radio tower.

I've spent way too much time doing this for you when it's clearly retarded and probably 75% of city-dwellers live closer to an RF/MW broadcaster than you do.

no, radio waves are non-ionizing
of course there is some alleged risk but assuming you own a cell phone then you cant hide from it

Alleged doesn't mean it's true.

good idea Chad, back to your bullshit business undergrad course

>the frequency range of the radiation in question is affected by this
alright, Mr. Know it all, if you know this to be true then why do you care what any of us think?

people clearly smarter than you are telling you not to worry when you asked them if you should worry. yet you're still arguing? what the fuck is this bullshit