Give up your dreams

You're sitting on Veeky Forums. That means you'll not become a tenured mathematician and will not have a career in pure mathematics. Even if you spent every waking hour doing maths you will not outsmart the 1% or so of mathematicians who actually can get somewhere in pure math because they're immensely talented and have been born into a rich family with parents in academia and people who taught them higher maths from their very childhood.. There are just not enough opportunities in the world for pure mathematicians. Odds are you will become a codemonkey you hate so much and will end up working as a wage and thought slave for some corporate company doing "applied" math. So give up your dreams and deal with it. I did.

Maybe I'm an engineering student and also shitpost about how math is a shit major.

jesus fuck those were some shitty "dreams" to begin with

This post was directed to the "aspiring mathematicians" here, not you.

what's the point of this?
you've probs been here long enough to pick up that there have been multiple (Green, and to lesser extents Euler and Lagrange) named mathematicians that don't even come close to that upbringing

Everyone knows the primary function of math is trolling in Veeky Forums. It's a priority to whip up one of those dumb Kurisu pictures with a ridiculous analysis or discrete math problem.

Euler, Lagrange and George Green all lived over 100 years ago, though. But if you list a recent example, he'll probably just say they're an exception.

How were they shitty to begin with?

Not glamorous like being a movie star or basketball player or whatever.

It was glamorous in from my personal perspective according to my values.

I genuinely believe that you shouldn't study Math with anything less than a 145 IQ. I'm glad I found my niche in electrical engineering with my trash-tier 108 IQ. Even though the average IQ in my major is higher than that, I can easily get by with hard work.

Just learn your place and don't lie to yourself.

I wasn't claiming it was a shit dream, just trying to explain why the other person might say it is.

>But if you list a recent example, he'll probably just say they're an exception.
I'm not a "he".

Have you decided to branch out from shitposting about "why the homophobia" to shitposting about how you can't become a mathematicians?

Why do you bother? No one finds you funny and being a troll isn't going to reverse that failed qualifier or whatever failure made you this way.

Your values and entire outlook on life are shit-tier tbqh

How so?

oh yeah !? I'll show you!
>Is that the response you're looking?

>not having dreams of playing niggerball or starring in shitty movies is shit-tier
hmm.. no.

Good thing I'm not studying pure math.

Lol, I already gave up, I am too white male for modern academia.

>end up slave for a corporate company doing "applied" math

That's more-or-less irrelevant for STEM. You might have some nutjob in gender studies complain about your type being over-represented in your department, but faculty won't care, they just want good mathematicians/scientists.

You're just trying to manufacture an excuse for having given up.

you're a newfaggot user.
some people in their 30's now were the geeks using Veeky Forums in their teens. and once you're here you're really here forever.
you also underestimate the enormous amount of traffic this site gets. look it up.
so it shouldn't be a surprise to see a tenured mathematician on Veeky Forums. matter of fact at a recent conference i happened to see one browsing "virgn/chad" memes on some kind of chan. (probably not Veeky Forums, since you never know when a swastika is going to show up even on work-safe boards while you're in public)
i was going to go say hi but he got into a conversation with someone else and the chance passed.

Im just saying that too many kids on this site have false illusions and I would like to sober them up. The ones headed for a tenure know that they are and theyll understand that this post was not for them because they are a genius

I'm not the "why the homophobia" faggot