Is testosterone boosting without drugs a meme?

I'm a layperson in that matter but a bit skeptical about it because it looks like a trend between clickbait social media platforms and juiced-up "fitness experts".

Things like the diets (Keto and Paleo), sunbathing without protection, lots of saturated animal fat to eat, bashing on sunscreen, plastic, soy, sugar, cow milk, grains, etc and promotion of "superfoods" (organic foods, exotic fruits and simple stuff like garlic), "superherbs" like ashwagandha and lots of supplements.

What is quackery and what is actual science?

Other urls found in this thread:

drmalcolmkendrick.org/2013/10/20/sweden-gets-is-right/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's a myth just keep eating soy

The reality is that if you have shit genetics that predispose you to low test levels, there's not much you can do. I am 26 years old, I look like a kid and have narrow shoulders and 6" wrists. I got my total testosterone tested and it came back at 450 ng/dl when at my age it should be at least 600. Have you seen what the average male consumes? Junk food and alcohol. If diet significantly effected your hormonal profile most Chads would look like effeminate bitches but they don't because it's all about genetics.

No. Just lift and shit

A standard steroid cycle will boost your testosterone by 200% or more. And there are bunch of people who roid and still look like shit. Do you really think a 20% boost at most from whatever special diet and training regimen is gonna make a difference?

if testosterone didn't make a difference why would you have evolved to produce it

checkmate soyboys

what about not masturbating? it raises testosterone levels? and tribulus?

are you guys actual science students?

Testosterone is a meme
Just eat healthy food

why do you wanna have more test

high test makes you be on edge all the time and grow bald early.

I'd give you my left testicle if you wanted it if I wasn't so disgusted by self mutilation.

I'm 25 and at 467 ng/dl. I don't think it holds back my lifting too much, but I do think it's dulled my competitiveness.

yeah, whatever you do, don't forget to shit.

The amount of defeatism in this thread would be humorous, if it weren't so pathetic. Yes, genes are important, but lifestyle is the other 30-40% of what decides your testosterone levels. Ill give you the short and sweet:

-Keep a healthy sleep schedule. You should be sleeping more during the winter because the days are shorter. As a rule of thumb, try to keep your day aligned with the natural light cycle. Of course sleeping 14 hours a day is not doable during the winter, but you get the idea.

-Absolutely no added sugar. This might be a little dramatic, but if you strive for no added sugar, you'll at least keep it below 20 grams or so a day. This lowers your body fat, which helps keep those T levels up.

-Similarly with refined grains like white bread, pasta ect. Whole grain is OK. Also, no beer.

-Veggies are you friends. Particularly things like broccoli, cauliflower, kale, ect.

-EXERCISE. This means a basic regiment that includes some cardio and lifting. You don't need to be going for gains. You don't even need to improve that much (unless you are really out of shape). Just get that cardio in and work the muscles. Don't forget to stretch.

-Last but not least, maintain a healthy social and sex life. Being intimate with a woman can DRAMATICALLY increase a mans testosterone levels, so get sexed up regularly, if possible.

The human body is a machine. Yes, the machines capabilities are determined when it is engineered (think genes), but keeping the machine oiled, supplied with high-quality fuel, and given routine maintenance sure helps...

> go to sleep at proper time for a week in a row
> wake up feeling like I have been assaulted
Fug
I think i might have apnea

Thanks. What about eating lots of fat? And milk is bad?

sounds like a shitty lifestyle

They should have their mouths open and have a Nintendo in their hands

it is not a meme, but pop-endocrinology is.
They overestimate the effect of testosterone and underestimate the effect of other hormones, also they completely ignore other shit, and not even in the chemistry side: hypertrophy is more dependant on actual metabolic stress and myofibrillar damage than any amount of hormones you can get naturally.
Of course the equation changes if we are talking about getting >2-3 the maximum end of test conc. in blood for men, which is what guys on the juice do.

hmm it's like there were some RECEPTORS for these hormones that can be saturated and make diminishing returns...

test levels are a meme coz it depends on your androgen receptor density or else its unusable anyway so

>keto and paleo
>nofap
>meditation
>soy
when will fucking pseudoscience die?

Keto is a meme? It's bad for our health. These days things are strange, we see lots of doctors says that fat is good and can make like 60 percent of a diet.

>it's a myth just keep eating soy, goy
Fixed

Meditation or "mindfulness" isn't a meme. Its literally just teaching plebs how to cope with daily stress in a more healthy way. Instead of resorting to using drugs as an example.

>It's bad for our health.
yes, yes, eat corn we made all this lovely corn for you, yes, and lowfat chicken, we pumped them with hormones and antibiotics to make it so plump and delicious

no, don't eat fat, no... your ancestors were dumb and didn't even invent the automobile you can trust us we know what's good for you

This completely. Yes there's a big difference between no test whatsoever ever and normal levels. But 60% normal levels will for the most part manifest the same as 120%.

If anything will make you feel better it's the activities you're doing to supposedly increase the levels but these activities aren't making your feel or do any better due to the test boost itself.

GPs/PCPs/internists are scam artists, why are you listening to them?

Why aren't these sick cunts being sued?

This is a fucking retarded meme, with this logic high test cycles wouldn't work. Protip: they do.

Just eat more onions

there are actual endocrinologists and biomedics recommending keto. thats what amuses me.

Many endos are fucking retarded senpai.

but they don't fear the law? also, just out of curiosity, is dangerous to eat lots of fat, right?

nofap

define "too much fat"
it's really not that hard, don't you know you have an entire gland in your brain that tells you what nutrients your body needs and when?
I have thyroid disease and even I can avoid not dying by keeping a good supply of calcium and osmolytes on hand
just eat what you're hungry for until you get fat/start getting insomnia/racing heart and eat less of that and more of other things. don't binge-eat. if you piss more than 10 times a day or fewer than 4 times, you fucked up.
congrats, you're now healthy

Like replace carbs with fat. More or less 60 percent.

This is how I feel too, I also suspect I might apnea

You haven't mentioned sleep, a good amount (7-8 hours) of sleep will probably be enough to keep you testosterone at normal levels.
Or just do what this guy says, stay healthy and you will have normal levels. Probably don't even need to be very healthy to have normal levels...
Going beyond normal levels can't be done without supplements though. Your body only produces the amount it was designed to produce. And you can't change your genes...

Exercise has for example has no effect on testosterone production
>The effect of exercise on the production and clearance of testosterone in well trained young men - Cadoux-Hudson, T.A., Few, J.D. & Imms, F.J. Europ. J. Appl. Physiol. (1985)
^This article is interesting, because it shows that training increases testosterone concentration in your blood, but not due to increased production,
just that test is not removed from the blood as fast as when you're resting.

>Relationships Between Training Volume, Physical Performance Capacity, and Serum Hormone Concentrations During Prolonged Training in Elite Weight Lifters DOI: 10.1055/s-2008-1025705
1 year study. Most of the studies I found was just at the day of training, but this one is following weight lifters over a year.
No increase in test concentration!

>Basal testicular testosterone production in endurance-trained men is suppressed Hackney, A.C., Szczepanowska, E. & Viru, A.M. Eur J Appl Physiol (2003)
Shows that trained man have less test than sedentary men.

(Tried to link pdf's but Veeky Forums spam filter)

Very nice, so according to the last article, cardio is bad for test? Or weight training is bad too?

I would assume that it's weight lifting. Most the time weight lifters get little to no cardio in their exercise regimes.

Pic related

No, you can get up to your genetic "baseline" by improving your diet, sleeping more, etc. though. Most people have lower test than they ought to if they were living optimally.

Do you have an overbite or are a fat fuck? Do you wake up with a dry mouth? Do you also have very easy to get a blocked nose?

>Adaptogenic herbs
please talk moar

The Swedish health board already praised keto diet as a healthy diet. For who don't know what's this, basically a low-carb and high-fat diet.

If I find the source I will post later.

>maintain a healthy social and sex life

Great advice for a cambodian fish farming forum

>drmalcolmkendrick.org/2013/10/20/sweden-gets-is-right/

Here is a report about the adoption of high-fat, low-carb diet with moderate proteins by the government of Sweden.

I've always thought that high-fat would kill people with heart attacks fucked up arteries...

Are they on the edge of nutrition or just crazy?

Most of those, no. Cow milk increases estrogen. Soy does not affect hormones. Paleo diet makes you retarded and gives you heart disease.
If you want to increase your testosterone, you can do it with onions and by jerking off fucking constantly.

>No soy
Down syndrome.

Cheese is ok? I've heard it's ok cause it's fermented.

It's a good idea but retarded in practice. Both men and women produce estrogen from conversation of testosterone by the enzyme aromatase. So the concentration of estrogen and testosterone will balance and you'll be high in both.

Almost forgot, except that the reaction cannot be reversed since you're burning methyl off an aromatic ring so you'll be stuck with a high amount of estrogen when you stop taking testosterone.

Ever wonder why people who stop taking steroids get man tits?

>Ever wonder why people who stop taking steroids get man tits?

you are so fucking uneducated it hurts

Low stress
Sunlight
Lift weights
Eat meats/fruits/Vegas
Don't eat junk/processed shit
Sex or jerk it every 2-3 days
Don't gamble
Great sleep in complete darkness
Healthy relationships

Omg it's like I'm an actual human being

this low testosterone meme.. i knew sci was dumb but this dumb? come on, guys. people are just trying to market to you, catering to your sense of not feeling manly, giving you an 'explanation' when the sad reality is that one does not exist. you being weak and limpy and bad at sex has no scientific correlation with low testosterone.

>high test makes you be on edge all the time and grow bald early.
i think this must be a meme too or at least not as simple as that.

because im a naturally muscular person but i also have a lot of hair. and both are supposed to be signs of testosterone

High fat keto diet forces your body to burn fat as fuel rather than store it

>Ever wonder why people who stop taking steroids get man tits?
anyone who gets fat gets man tits.

the actual condition which makes you grow glandular tits like a women is actually quite rare and just a way for lazy fatsos to pass of their shit as bad luck

>jerk it every 2-3 days

Wrong. You should be doing it no more than once every 5-7 days (rarely is preferable). Having sex is better for test though, especially if you fuck a partner then dont see them for 3 days then fugg again and repeat.

At the same time? I don't think I'm allowed to do that in my gym, any alternatives?

>I don't think I'm allowed to do that in my gym, any alternatives?
obviously you lift in the bathroom idiot

Well I've heard that shitting is easier when in a squatting position, so I definitely see the connection there

on top of a healthy lifestyle I would also naturally inject it

Look up steroid feminization brainlets.

FUCK YEAH! NOTHING MORE 'NATURAL' THAN SHOOTING YOUR BODY FULL OF HORMONES. fuck my life this is the state of modern medicine

>These days things are strange, we see lots of doctors says that fat is good and can make like 60 percent of a diet.
The guys who claimed fat is bad were bought and paid for by the sugar industry. We believed them and now there's an obesity epidemic. One of life's little ironies.

wtf I had mine drop below 300 (usually around 350) and I could bench 315 at that time. I had lifted for 10 years straight though.

Obesity is "epidemic" because people eat too many calories. Before the sugar production, fat people already existed.

You only go bald if you have a DHT sensitivity. Its more genetics than anything but if you are prediaposed to baldness, high test will make you bald faster

you might have had a higher receptor count though, or higher something down the signaling pathway that ends with BIGG MUSSEL

>endurance-trained

>>endurance-trained

>>>endurance-trained

>>>>(((endurance)))-trained

there ya go. Big news: weight lifting is not endurance training, but strength training.

don't eat soy and other plant products
go keto
eat quality meat like beef, fish and chicken
sleep a lot
lift
supplement vitamin D3 and zinc
take some DHEA

fat creates estrogen so lose weight. lift weights, get enough complete amino acids and protein per day. not much more you can do

what's up with these lifting faggots on these Veeky Forums who gives a shit about how much you're lifting, keep that shit on Veeky Forums.

Vit D

I'm not fat. I'm average build with a bit of muscle and I exercise 5 out 7 days. Eat pretty healthy. I have an overbite. I wake up with dry mouth. Some days its worse then others, if I do have apnea its mild to moderate. I also have confirmed high blood pressure which I'm not sure if it is caused by apnea or just something hereditary.

Ah. I'm skinnyfat with low exercise levels, don't really know if I eat healthy, have overbite, dry mouth, and apparently low blood pressure. You should check out your airways, I'm going to do so in a few weeks.

Lrn2meme fgt pls

But milk is rich in vitamin D. Cheese is good too?

the only thing that'll boost your test by a noticeable amount comes in a syringe

Have fun literally pissing precum on the 3rd day and being unquenchably horny with no release.

Me:
multi
Vit K2(MK7) 90mcgx2 = 180mcg
Magnesium
Vit D(3000 IU erryday)
Zinc
i try to eat healthy
for a while, my voice was very deep, boners hard in the morning, all moreso than usual, so I assumed my test levels were high and benefitting from my regimen. obviously these are imperfect indicators, but its cheaper than a blood test. right now im still doing all that and have improved my diet, but I think I have shitty blood pressure and hypercalcemia from a combination of too much processed beef every day, and 3 cups of milk everyday(too much calcium combined with tons of Vit D).

Out of all of these, I would say magnesium and vitamin D help the most, the difference is almost instantly perceptible, especially in erectile quality , and its a very cheap investment.

>not having a complex nturitional regime AND microdosing anastrozole

>Debian
>difficult
Shit is easier than ubuntu when you consider how rare it is for anything to break enough to affect regular usage.

>what are squats

>Instead of resorting to using drugs as an example.
There is nothing wrong in using drugs though. People tend to stop abusing their substance when their problems are solved and some drugs are even healthy and generally beneficial (like cannabinoids, psilocybin or dimethyltryptamine).

>tfw shit myself doing dead lifts in high school

you want the truth?

the timeframe of you having high T or not is between the ages of 12-16. if you have a shit diet and poor lifestyle in this age frame then you are basically fucked.
im at fault too, wasted too much time playing GTA3 and eating cheese sandwiches.
this is why parents should wake the fuck up, a kid is not supposed to study 8 hours a day. at that age your brain can hardly concentrate due to the enormous amount of hormones flowing through your body

Testosterone is harmful. Get on hormone blockers

This is a thread about testosterone