String Theory

youtube.com/watch?v=Da-2h2B4faU

lol thats it? Wow this is so easy to understand. String Theory isn't hard at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MBnnXbOM5S4
youtube.com/watch?v=MBRqu0YOH14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He leaved out the graduate level MATH needed to TRULY understand Sting Theory.

Left*

>string theory
>can't be verified by experiment
Why the fuck is this being treated as a legitimate scientific theory? If you can't prove your theory with experiment then its just an exercise in math

>Admitting that you consume pop science that relies on colorful cartoons to capture childlike ADHD attention spans of normie brainlets so that they may momentarily feel an undeserved sense of accomplishment from having "educated" themselves.
You can't get uplikes here, I think you meant to share this on reddbook.

Yeah but you prove something to be mathematically true then you don't need an experiment.

*lefted

This is the worst popsci I have ever seen. Holy fucking shit.

>point particles are QFT

I don't even

>0:15
>ΞΆ(-1)=-1/12
oh no

This video is WRONG. QFT don't use point particles.

QFT uses probability wave distributions just like ordinary Quantum Mechanics.

"Kurzgesagt" channel is made by Brainlets who don't know what they are talking about.

Was I the only one bothered by the explanation of quantum uncertainty here? It seems to me like they actually got it entirely wrong. Was I just not in the know? Does it turn out the limit on knowledge is just our technique of observation?

>explanation of quantum uncertainty

This is better
youtube.com/watch?v=MBnnXbOM5S4

Why don't you study more to answer that for yourself instead of ask for some other authority figure to confirm it for you?

Thanks much, wasn't aware he'd uploaded

Do you have the money to learn from anything other than authority? Shut the fuck up.

*Leavededs

I can't believe it has such an impressive like/dislike ratio. Honestly I was expecting to open it and see a 50-50 ratio.

what

It's a comfy channel with nice animations and music I don't think people watch it to understand science better. It can be a nice starting point though.
youtube.com/watch?v=MBRqu0YOH14

>You can't get uplikes here, I think you meant to share this on reddbook.

its ok for someone to get a glimpse of string theory from a well made educational video,
its better than not.
at least he might learn something new, or build a good sense of it.

>string theory

Not true at all.

>QFT uses probability wave distributions just like ordinary Quantum Mechanics.
Position eigenstates in QM are points, and you can (typically) derive this from field theory by restricting to one particle states. This is why the worldline formalism works. Also, QFT doesn't use "probability wave distributions", it uses Fock space, or whatever abstract Hilbert space.
You're the brainlet who doesn't know what he's talking about.

string is not a theory ive fucking got some in my sewing kit. I'm going to sew another universe later, ciao

>guessing game - the thread
I fucking dying

What's A(s,t) and what's alpha(z)?

>All those comments defending the video and attacking those who call it wrong
>All those comments calling this good "science education"

Humanity is doomed. Have mercy on us Jesus.

The average person watching Kurzgesagt probably has never even heard of String Theory

Its a shame because clearly these video take a lot of work to create, but are usually filled with terrible information.

>Why the fuck is this being treated as a legitimate scientific theory?

It's a grey area, everybody working on ST knows that - I mean obviously, they're not brainlets. I think ST would have been abandoned very early on, weren't it for the fact that it yields some results that just were 'too good to pass on'. Then you have the occasional breakthrough like the AdS/CFT correspondence framework, which suddenly allows you to work on strongly coupled particle physics via string theory. There's some impressive papers out there where people have calculated Meson spectra using an AdS/CFT model (Sakai/Sugimoto or however it's called) - analytically!

Yeah, there's no Earthly way of building an experiment right now to check the ST hypothesis, but it sure resulted in heaps of tools for physicists to use.

both videos helped me. My science base is biology not math. I will have to think more on the Fourier Transform it really helps bring the electron wave probability field and other stuff into perspective. I also would like to ask why the hopf fibration was needed to understand that probability field. It makes me think we are on the surface of a 4D sphere.

What's so bad about it edgelord?

are there any good science youtube channels anyway?

aoflex
graduatephysics

Conformal fields? more like laughably piss easy bullshit

But that's actually true, you fucking retard.