The countries with the highest GDP in the world are the US and China

The countries with the highest GDP in the world are the US and China.

US: 18 trillion

China: 13 trillion

But the US is in 21 trillion dollars of debt, and China has 4 trillion dollars of debt.

Would that make China the world's richest country?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_wealth_per_adult
data.oecd.org/lprdty/gdp-per-hour-worked.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Would that make China the world's richest country?

Soon they will be. Their average IQ is 105 IIRC

Subtracting debt from GDP doesn't make any sense. For one thing, GDP is $/yr and debt is $.

>Would that make China the world's richest country?
jews are working on it diversity IS a strength

18 - 13 = 5 trillion. the difference between our gdp and there's is more than their debt, and more than ours after about 4 years

that's a huge difference

You are right. In the next generation, the average European IQ will already be borderline retarded.

If a doctor makes $180K / year and has 160K in medical school debt is a McDonald's employee making minimum wage with 5K in debt wealthier?

kek

>GDP is $/yr and debt is $.

So how would we determine which country is the richest?

GDP isn't like the total wealth a country has, it's just a measure of money per year. There's like nearly 90 trillion dollars in wealth in the United States.

Just use GDP, this isn't complicated and national debt isn't actually a bad thing, it's a essential feature of how the world economy works.

gdp you dumb faggot

who cares about debt

they "fixed" that already by normalizing on 100

Most of a government's public debt is owed overwhelmingly to people and institutions within the country anyway

GDP only gives you how much money is made. It doesn't tell you anything about wealth (i.e. assets owned) Ask people in places like Silicon Valley, NYC or London - all of these places have insane cost of living that greatly diminishes the value of the higher salaries.

Here's an assessment of per capita wealth by countries (sort by median)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_wealth_per_adult

Another good measure to look at is Productivity
data.oecd.org/lprdty/gdp-per-hour-worked.htm

This accounts for the fact that e.g. Americans typically work 40+ hr weeks while many Western Europeans work for far less despite earning the same per hour (and especially this metric paints Japan/SKorea in a bad light since they work for so long)

>it's just a measure of money per year.
terrible way to phrase it. GDP is the value of all final goods and services produced in a year which is equal to the sum of all the value added in a year which is also equal to the sum of all incomes in a year

Yeah, I've taken a few courses on macroeconomics, I realize how GDP is formulated. I figured that didn't matter much considering OP made a new thread for this instead of going to the /sqt/

assets - liabilities :^)
But someone has to go out and measure what literally every single thing in USA and China are worth within a reasonable timespan

That's stupid and unnecessarily overcomplicated. It doesn't matter at all if you worked extra hours to make the money you have in the bank, it's still the money you have in the bank. And the majority of wealth isn't paid out by the hour in the first place. You can't know how much time was spent for anyone working salary for example.

>assets-liabilities
Triggered from every macro Econ class I’ve taken that’s discussed the banking system.

Western IQ is decreasing by interbreeding with niggers. Chink IQ is not.

china has been internally bankrupt for years that's why they have to build railroads to nowhere in africa, and now they have a supreme leader to attempt to quell the shitstorm when people find out

>china has been internally bankrupt for years that's why they have to build railroads to nowhere in africa

what did he mean by this

>don't trust chinks

Those railroads go to places though. Nice try going for the China-Africa panic button

You misunderstand what debt represents. Also,

>self reported
>actually trusting those fucking ants

>Self reported and skewed by the government
>Massive amounts of poverty
I wouldn't trust the bugmen

That doesn't make any sense. When the wealth of an individual is determined it's assets + cash. GDP is pure wealth. Determining the assets of an individual is bad enough, are you suggesting that in order to settle this there should be someone measuring the dollar value of everything that exists in the US and China?

Burgerland is done for, Europe is in a tight spot, that pretty much leaves Asia and the Russians left

>GDP is pure wealth
No its not you idiot, just repeating your fallacious stance doesnt suddenly make it true.

After the first year, quite possibly.
He will also be healthier.

No, because there isn't as much as employment in China with their GDP being much lower than ours. Debt is an issue that doesn't necessarily impact the nation's standard of living.

So GDP doesn't include how much money the country is losing in a year or how wealthy individuals in that country are? How would we find this information then, I googled "net income US" and there was nothing related.

The unemployment rates for both countries are the same tho.