Well?

Well?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-Yfx096UnKQ?t=30s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

According to the Heisenberg, I don't know

yes, because the sound wave will still interact with other atoms and molecules in the forest, and theoretically that can be detected however far you want in the future

>the universe is newtonian
I thought it was 2018 and shit

>i don't understand what an interaction is

I don't appreciate the Copenhagen interpretation

me neither, but this isn't about your interpretation

I forgot the implying symbol in my post

but that only makes your post make less sense

i don't think you understand the Copenhagen interpretation either

almost

Did the person who made that image think that's a clever thing to say?

Obviously yes, it will make a sound. Sound waves do their wether you're there to hear them or not.

Well it basically says the cat is both alive and dead.

Amirite

No because sound is an aesthetic perception by a human who recorded what the perception of phonons felt like.

Rekt

>phonons

no, because nobody was there to observe it and the surrounding area was not rendered for the observer. We are living in a simulation after all

This desu

Why render useless frames

bullshit, nobody would simulate this boring as fuck reality
where the fuck are you living?
just look at all the impossible complexity everywhere, simulated my ass

it will just vibrate air
"sound" is like "red", it's psychology

>boring
>complex
Which is it now

why don't you try going outside once in a while and try counting flower petals? Fibonacci sequence, Φ & π occurrence in nature pretty much confirms we live in a simulation.

no, retard, sound waves are a thing that actually move molecules back and forth
also red is a wavelength of light

both, that's my point

why not go on a beach and look at the sand grains, where's the Fibonacci sequence, Φ & π there?

wouldn't the other trees hear it?

They can sense that kind of stuff ya know.

But isn't sound just our ears translating the vibrations of air into nerve signals? If there's nothing to capture the 'sound' then all that happened in the forest was a disturbance in the air surrounding the tree. It's like saying a flower in the middle of the florest has a smell even if there's nothing there to smell it. There is no smell, just organic molecules being released by the flower into the environment.

>not knowing you can apply π on even atoms
>being this new
>being on sci

get the fuck out

Memes aside, "boring" is subjective while "complex" describes something abstract but objective. None of what you say makes any sense regardless

I'm gonna fart tell me when the phonon hits you.

what about the shapes of each individual sand grain and how they each change atom by atom as a water wave washes over them?
what's the point in simulating all that

>what's the point in simulating all that

To know the face of God is to know madness...

i'd rather have uncaring, purposeless nature, fuck your god

>"red" is a wavelength of light

sure buddy
youtu.be/-Yfx096UnKQ?t=30s

where is the "red" wavelength in the afterimage

asshole

you do understand why that's called an illusion, right?
moron

where is the "red" wavelength in the afterimage

what afterimage? after the flag thing the video is just white

If something is inaccsesible to our percepation even through indirect means doesn't mean it isn't real, but we might assumr that as there is literally no way we could expand our horizon with some intangible shit.

wow based science DEEP.
>Atheism :1
>skydaddytards : -666

Just leave a recording device in the forest during a windstorm.

>unfunny irrelevant shitpost

Some aliens who are having an AI building competetion

Is this a type of question that a solipsist would ask?

If we were in a simulation, how long after discovering this would we have to escape the simulation before it got shut down? Beyond a certain level of awareness we become to dangerous.

Is it our destiny to escape the Matrix, or be trapped within it to Heat Death?

if that crap were true, it would not even be a tree of no one were around to see it

You can see the tree if you go there later. You can't know if it made a sound when it fell (or actually whether it fell at all)

No, because sound is an experience. If there is no organism that can sense the stimulus, than there is no stimuli.

It's an illusion because there is no light that stimulates the eye to perceive red. Truth be known, however, there is red present in the image due to the pixel elements being fully illuminated to the backdrop of white.
Not all experienced color/hue are generated by the stimulation of discrete wavelengths, but a neurological average of how the cells are being stimulated in the retina. The common example being how out monitors don't contain any yellow pixel elements, but use a mixture of greens and reds to trick the eye into perceiving yellow.

>trick the eye
trick the _brain_

of course it does. do things that we have not personally heard not happen? did everything in the past not make sounds either because we didnt record it? was everyone deaf?

How can be so ignorant to assume that anything exists in places where no one is around to absorb the information.

I can put tape recorder in the woods

also it could have always been lying there like that

>tfw we argue about who's the most intelligent in an alien kid's middle school science fair project

>how long after discovering this would we have to escape the simulation before it got shut down?

Considering our time perception would be purely subjective, 0. They just delete us and restore a previous version where we didn't knew, rinse and repeat.

If it was a contrarian shitpost about atheists getting rekt you would reply with a fedorapost.

If a time lapse is filmed in a forest and no one is moving, does it make a video?

Depends on what you take sound to be. Is it vibrations in the air? Then yes. Is it the way a conscious being interprets said vibrations? Then no. I personally go for the latter.