Veeky Forums lifestyle thread

How do you guys incorporate the pursuit of knowledge into your lives? Is it something that you're doing to get your degree/paycheck and nothing more, or is it a true passion for you? Do you just hustle at school/work and then go home to play vidya, or do you actively look for extra opportunities to learn and your idea of free time well spent is cozying up with a nice math book? Do you struggle with concentration and the pull of technology, or have you found a good balance? Protip: there are no wrong answers (probably).

i'm an autistic recluse who spends all his time studying

I work a brainlet position and piss my free time away.

>How do you guys incorporate the pursuit of knowledge into your lives?

playing cs go and crying because of my own stupidity
Studying is hard

i wagecuck in tsl but study math and ai on my own. Hope for phd, during my masters. I study books many which people recommend here by myself (not in English speaking country) and it quite works out, not sure ill make it to phd though. If not, maybe ill just get used to office job but right now I do not enjoy it at all

I mix reading of academic works and non-academic works into my daily life. Currently working through Bertrand Russel's Introduction to Mathematical Philosophy, Krasznahorkai's Seiobo There Below, and of course my Bible. I try to get stimulus from literature/music/art that isn't stem related.

I also try to interact with people who have different interests than me. This usually gives me new perspectives on problems I'm facing, academic or not. My roommates are engineering and business majors, and my gf is a nursing student.

I also make time to exercise (usually run, occasionally lift) and to be outside when the weather allows. We have a nice backyard and patio area in our rental house.

So ultimately I'd say that academia is important to me, but I don't let it consume my life because I know that the people around me are more important.

>inb4 normie gtfo

>and of course my Bible.
how can you be a man of science and religious at the same time
how do you not feel like a walking paradox

>Le scientists are atheists meme
>B-but Dawkins said so!

I study for a variety of reasons. Money, prestige, creative skills, the weapon of knowledge (I'm especially fond of this one). These are just perks to me though. If you want to get right to the root of the matter, it really is just pure, undiluted autism.

I make good grades in uni, hoping to get into a decent grad program. I basically study/attend classes 9:00-5:45 or so, sometimes later if I find something intriguing. After 5 though, I generally drink a bit, sometimes doing more math, sometimes just chilling and shitposting here.

I started college when I was 22 while working full time, so its taken a while, but I'm finishing up my undergrad and living off of grants so I don't have to work outside of school, which has been nice. I plan on getting a masters and then going into industry assuming everything works out well.

Most of my friends aren't in college(graduated or never went) or went to some for-profit "college". All of them are damn good friends though.I try to hang out with all of them whenever I can (I live in a city with a well known university which I was able to get in to), but I most of the time I'm chilling at home because I have class the next day or I'll be doing homework all day on my days off. Plus going out to bars and clubs costs a good bit of money and I have a pretty strict budget now.

I should have said that we all live in the same city and I went to high school with several of them

>believing a magic sky daddy who is also a zombie jew is going to save your soul but only if you love him

Electrical engineer. I do creative little electronic projects at home then submit them to art contests. I've made a lot of friends and won free tips out of it. It's a lot of fun.

.....damn.....

Best life ITT
You're going to cringe so hard at your past self once you reach your 20s. But that's okay, it's part of growing up.

oohh dab on em, user

>bible

fucking lmao go back to pol you inbred redneck

basically ever scientist you have ever heard of pre- ww2 was religious

Galileo was killed for being a literal maniac btw not for going against Christianity, the pope who had Galileo killed was pretty pro science in general

>only if you love him

way to misunderstand the religion that built the western world

I bet you think that "being nice" is a tenet of Christianity aswell

you fucking cristians make me literally sick, stop trying to force your shitty religion down my throat and shut the fuck up

>how can you be a man of science and religious at the same time
confirmed for having a reddit tier understanding of science, history, and religion

Of all the things you decided to bold faced copy from a decade ago you chose this

>I bet you think that "being nice" is a tenet of Christianity aswell
Is it not?