Should we ban advanced artificial intelligence?

Should we ban advanced artificial intelligence?

Assault intelligence

I get Veeky Forums is seriously insecure and jealous of cs guys but this is taking things too far.

>advanced artificial intelligence

Don't fall for the media's memes. They just want to trick the normies into supporting basic universal income.

But that's something only possible with AI anyway.

I don't know, should we ban the lochness monster? How do you ban something that doesn't exist?

This, it's like saying "should we ban cultural marxism"

This is a future problem. Right now, we're dealing with advanced algorithms that read your data and engineer what advertisements or related content you see. That's something that needs to be dealt with.

That sure does sound like a symptom worth dumping taxpayer dollars into and never get anything done.

So is it a future problem or are we dealing with it "right now"? Advanced algorithms are not advanced artificial intelligence.

kek. pol btfo

best post on Veeky Forums right now

I dont thats possible.

what do you mean by "advanced"?

it's already too late

>brainycompooter.jpg

Any math and science person that cant teach themselves programming and cs should walk into a forest and assume the role of a tree trunk

AI should be regulated as it develops

No but we should ban real stupidity

They tried that.
The Butlerian Jihad.
And look what sort of feudal snake-pit of a society THAT led to!

How?

She could be our waifu

Before you can ban anything you need to define the term. Like at what point is an AI "Advanced"?

If one country ban it, it'll be left behind

>but punching richard spencer is wrong

>And look what sort of feudal snake-pit of a society THAT led to!
Why am I not surprised Veeky Forums is full of 5th class navigators.
It lead us to the golden path and humanity's ultimate salvation.

How? It's not like building a nuclear bomb where tons of people notice when the tiniest amounts of rare materials needed to build one go missing. It's a computer.
And if you ban it all that means is that the kind of people who will have access to it are the kinds of people who aren't above board.
In general it is a bad idea to try and regulate technology that doesn't exist yet. Right now there is a big problem with trying to subpoena electronic records from multinational corporations because the information is housed in other countries, on the other side of the world, operated by a legal fiction that has global citizenship and sovereignty. When the laws were first put on the books the internet was in its infancy and no one knew where it was going to go and now we're stuck with useless laws that aren't applicable to the situations they were written for.
It's like if speed limits only applied to horses, because no one thought to change the law after cars were invented.