Why are women more aesthetic than men (from an evolutionary point of view?)

Why are women more aesthetic than men (from an evolutionary point of view?)

Is it because they are trying to attract the highest-value genes to their eggs or is it just that what is evolutionarily advantageous in men is not appearances?

Other urls found in this thread:

gutenberg.org/files/15043/15043-h/15043-h.htm#A_PHILOSOPHICAL_INQUIRY
newsweek.com/trachilos-footprint-crete-human-evolution-million-658287
ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/do-ica-stones-prove-mankind-coexisted-dinosaurs-advanced-technology-098989
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/05/incredible-graveyard-5000-year-old-giants-found-china/
ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/giant-7-8-foot-skeletons-uncovered-ecuador-sent-scientific-testing-004119
ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/tales-two-headed-giant-are-legends-kap-dwa-real-008594
humansarefree.com/2017/09/fossilised-giant-footprints-discovered.html
blog.world-mysteries.com/ancient-writings/tolkiens-middle-earth-true-history
ancient-origins.net/ancient-places-americas/what-happened-sunken-city-cuba-001883
ancient-origins.net/opinion-guest-authors/exceptional-underwater-city-cuba-new-theory-its-origins-part-i-005425
youtu.be/2QFGRm5Z7Rk
youtube.com/watch?v=9mdg3habt9E
youtube.com/watch?v=_EvD7PXUwRY
youtube.com/watch?v=eSotczM2eCk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I actually find men more aesthetic, so your point is moot.
brb going to suck cocks

>Why are women more aesthetic than men (from an evolutionary point of view?)
They aren't. Statues exhibiting the male form have historically been very popular. It's only our current pathologies that have tricked you.

>Statues exhibiting the male form have historically been very popular. It's only our current pathologies that have tricked you
Artists have historically been overwhelming homosexuals.

if women were more aesthetic they wouldn't need pounds of makeup

Not even a fag but you're wrong

In modern societies the woman is the pretty one to attract males.
In a lot of tribes the male is, they do dances or grow a massive fucking beerbelly. In the animal kingdom it's always the male. Not sure why we made the switch. We're the exception, not the rule

so you want to put your pepe to their wewe in order to make babe

>aesthetic
Not sure how you use this word or what you think it means.

But as input to this thread, consider that:
The fraction of attractive women (let's say: the ones which over 50% of men would call fuckable) amongs all women is extremely high compared to that of men.
That is to say, 9 out of 10 women will easily be deemed fuckable by some men. Meanwhile, maybe 2 out of 10 woman would be considered fuckable by 50% of women.

Put differently again:
If you had 100 women at the ages 18 to 23, you'd find many "aesthetic" ones among them, but not so for men.
However, if you pick the top 3 women out of the 100 women and the top 3 men out of the 100 men, then the 3 hot guys would look really really attractive and the 3 women would just look very attractive. This is because there are just many more equally hot women out there.
If you hang out at te door of Starbucks for 5 hours, you probably see someone like your pic of pic related. But a chisled man who has his shit together or is dominant enough (which is necessary to be an attractive man), might not show up.

Because you have a penis and you like women

men are built to kill each other and shag lots of women

women are built to breed and long term relationships

I like both penis and vagina but I find women much more aesthetic

Because when our ancestors fought another tribe for territory neoteny made the surviving women less likely to be murdered (and more likely to be raped and knocked up) if their tribe lost. Our evolutionary history isn't very nice.

nah senpai, that's just sexual economics at work. Men can fuck whatever they want and face little consequences (besides stds, but women suffer from that as well). A woman needs to be more selective about who she fucks because she'll end up getting pregnant for the next 9 months and will have to care for the child.

aesthetics are subjective like colour
that's why science is wavelength instead of colour
so what's a precise analogue of aesthetic appeal? Some kind of index like IQ?

But that's wrong

*wears a pound of makeup*

Women cheat all the time(by wearing it) and because their cheating is ubiquitous it isn't noticed.

in nature the male of the spieces is always the better looking one.

the male lion has a mane.
the male peacock has the pretty feathers.

men have always been better looking.

They aren't. You've just grown up in a gynocentric society that worships the female form. If you lived in ancient Greece you'd be asking why women were so ugly compared to young athletic men.

>Why are women more aesthetic than men
Because you're not sexually attracted to guys.

>random bumps and bulges all over his body
>versus a womans streamlined, smooth and sleek appearance

" women are beautiful because you are a male " is a bullshit argument. A lot of women find other women attractive too and most of them are not lesbians. Women beauty is a universal fact.

>An opinion is a universal fact.
No.

The thing is that I can understand how women's beauty would be selected for more than men's beauty, obviously, and some of this could easily be sexually-linked traits. The problem is that I can't see how you can empirically prove that this happened. There's no metric that I'm aware of to objectively prove that women have more beauty-selected traits. Maybe breast size?

actually since women are the selective sex men would be more likely to be attractive. that dating site blog said something like 80% of women choose top 20% of males because that's just how the selective sex is

>women have to appeal to all people for status
>males have to appeal to females while being intimidating to males for status
the ideal biological state for a female is pregnancy which is a dormant state and the ideal biological state for a male is muscular which results in the body looking somewhat obtuse from work. female phenotypes compliment the dormant state while male phenotypes compliment the active work state, so females look more attractive today while this was probably not the case in hunter gatherer or even early classical societies.

>that dating site blog said something like 80% of women choose top 20% of males because that's just how the selective sex is
This is true in a modern context, but historically the vast majority of men died in conflict while women were protected, meaning those that went home got to pick the most beautiful of the women. So here, women are selected for appearances while men are selected for *being alive*. Additionally, in the situation of raiding parties, as were very common through most of history, men would literally just steal the most beautiful women. So really the way things work now has never been the way things worked in the past. Even now, women select more for social dominance and attitude than appearance compared to men.

Fuck off holy shit

This

Source?

so men put up with their shit

i wanna protect her, lads

The prettiest women were selected for by noble men to fuck and produce more babies.

Whereas men were selected for mostly based on practicality.

However that's if you can actually quantify how aesthetic something is across sexes. If you look at many land species (ducks, lions, moose, etc.) The guy is usually the large strong one with very prominent sexual ornaments. In humans the man is the one who has more to his body, like more grooves in muscle, larger size, the body is just more interesting. Women are kinda flat, but beautiful subjectively to men.

If ayy lmaos were to visit earth, I think they would pick males as the beautiful ones, like we view male lions, moose, ducks, peacocks, etc. As the beautiful sex in their species.

Why are men without make up more attractive than females without make up?

easy, make up

>it isn't noticed
... by the semi-conscious zombies who sleepwalk
their way through life; but those who are awake do in fact notice.

hello niggers

>what is makeup

no homo but men are way more aesthetic

make up + cosmetic surgery + if you jack off to them enough that's just what you'll find attractive

I can see both perspectives. I’m straight but can see the appeal in a peak male body like in the sculpture David. It’s not sexual but aesthetically beautiful.

Women appeal to a different part of the brain. Most women are appealing sexually though some are beautiful in a different way. Hard to describe.

>women more aesthetic

HAHAHAHA

Memes aside though, it's feminine males that are the most aesthetic.

There's a difference in acknowledging that there are really good looking guys and saying "it's aedthetically beautiful". Saying the latter makes you fag bro.

Young male =/= feminine

Having a youthful slender lithe body is masculine. Lower masculine, but masculine nonetheless

I didn't say young, I said feminine.

When they dispense with the disgusting muscly physique they become peak aesthetic

Disgusting. Feminity is inherently unaesthetic. The female form is built for one purpose -- baby carrying and baby caring. The male form is practical -- simple, efficient and glorious.

Introducing femininity to a male body will only destroy the beauty of it.

TLDR If you want girls go look at girls instead

it's because they need to attract, and don't need to function physically as much. They survive by having men take care of them. Men survive by being strong, fast, and smart.

Very scientific thread.

females are like insect light traps for men

you, my dude, have sent a hearty kek across the ocean

Here's a graph. Takes less effort.

Same trend on every site.

She's wearing a fuckton of makeup. Women with no makeup or camera filters aren't that aesthetic. Even if it were true that:

>women are more aesthetic than men to attract genes

Then even the ugliest woman in the world would be more attractive than the most attractive man because they'd need to adapt. This isn't the case.

The only reason why women are being put up on this pedestal nowadays is because of forced conditioning by the media. We're being made to believe that the feminine nature is superior to the masculine to the point that men want to become women. This in turn is making feminine attractiveness much more valuable than masculine attractiveness, because we're living in a period where masculine features like strength and being adaptive are not required.

Eventually something will happen that will balance this out and masculinity will once again have prominence.

>l nowadays is because of forced conditioning by the media.
lol literally read history, it has been this way forever, you think you are a redpiller but youre actually advocating for sjw by saying women werent always valued for their looks

Traditionally, women were protected by men. They had to be. The modern world has no danger. Women and men support feminism because they themselves have never experienced real danger and so they see no use for true masculinity. One day this will change, there will be a real danger and women will need to be protected again, and masculinity will once again have prominence.

>One day this will change, there will be a real danger and women will need to be protected again, and masculinity will once again have prominence.
what are you talking about bubba?
masculinity is plenty needed (and valued) nowadays.

there are a lot of dangers, the world doesnt run on its own, big and important things still need to be made by agressive males.

>we're living in a period where masculine features like strength and being adaptive are not required.
t. NEET who doesn't live in the real world.

t. Superior NEET who thinks he's a normie and uses stale memes

citation please

Too bad your dad wasn't.

They aren't, you are thirsty neckbeard.

Pretty ones spend hours getting ready in the morning, not even an exaggeration. I've talked to moderately good looking bitches that told me they spend over an hour getting ready.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------VS------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting up, brushing teeth, grabbing the first thing in your closet, putting out shoes & walking out the door.
Also, hormones nigger. I'd be worried if you said or

Imagine being this dude, i bet he doesn't even realises he is wrong.

What a retarded statement, OP. Turn off your dick and take a hard look at these average small hedas you call attractive women.

Has /pol/ found the way to reproduce with white males yet? Women suck.

I think women's preferences not matching men's is a more likely explaination for that data, but that is an interesting take on things.

Women seem more beautiful to you because you're a man. If you were a woman, you'd consider the male form ideal.

At least on those sites, women find 81% of men to be extremely to mildly unattractive. Preference or not, that's a pretty big majority and somewhat telling.

Yeah, I think the cliche evolutionary explaination is likely right. It isn't that men are less attractive. It is that women are programed to only really want to mate with the top 20% of guys.

And men are programmed to want to mate with much more women than vice versa.

But that was an original take on things. Mostly people just rage about roasties (which is right to do, don't get me wrong).

lol

I'm not a normie, but I have a job, and that's all you need to have to know that what you/he said is complete bullshit.

I have a job and I completely agree with him. Plenty for cultures have appreciated male attractiveness. Some like the ancient Greeks considered a young male to be the standard of beauty. It's not his fault you're an ignorant retard.

haha fucking virgin boy, you never seen how wet a girl gets when she sees a manly man be agresive and solve things with his aggresive agresion of man

What did this guy do?

oof

Women aren't more aesthetic. Men have secondary sexual characteristics that make us appealing to females. For example: We have coarse hair on our face and bodies to display our virility to females and intimidate other males. We have beards for the same reason a male lion has a mane. The male is usually more colorful and extravagant than females in nearly all mammal and bird species.

Generally, males are more aesthetic across species, even in the case of humans I can recognize that despite being heterosexual.

body hair is 100% functional as determined by science, not ornamental at all

Thread conclusion: Veeky Forums IS LITERALLY GAY

>aesthetic
In counterpart they are weak and low iq.

They aren't unless you have an abysmally shallow understanding of aesthetics.

To expand on this, what do you think it is that makes women attracted to men, OP? It's an aesthetic principle complementary to that of beauty and without which beauty could not even exist, IE the sublime. Read: gutenberg.org/files/15043/15043-h/15043-h.htm#A_PHILOSOPHICAL_INQUIRY

tiddies

Macro-Evolution is a scam so your entire thinking is kiked and question irrelevant

newsweek.com/trachilos-footprint-crete-human-evolution-million-658287
ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/do-ica-stones-prove-mankind-coexisted-dinosaurs-advanced-technology-098989
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/05/incredible-graveyard-5000-year-old-giants-found-china/
ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/giant-7-8-foot-skeletons-uncovered-ecuador-sent-scientific-testing-004119
ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/tales-two-headed-giant-are-legends-kap-dwa-real-008594
humansarefree.com/2017/09/fossilised-giant-footprints-discovered.html
blog.world-mysteries.com/ancient-writings/tolkiens-middle-earth-true-history
ancient-origins.net/ancient-places-americas/what-happened-sunken-city-cuba-001883
ancient-origins.net/opinion-guest-authors/exceptional-underwater-city-cuba-new-theory-its-origins-part-i-005425
youtu.be/2QFGRm5Z7Rk
youtube.com/watch?v=9mdg3habt9E
youtube.com/watch?v=_EvD7PXUwRY
youtube.com/watch?v=eSotczM2eCk

The architect made women the made he made them for the reasons he chose, to serve their purpose

Its because you are heterosexual, a gay male sees a woman like you see a rock.

>american hours
>if you don't idolize womyns ur gay

theres nothing i wouldnt do to for the oportunity to cum unprotected in that pussy resulting in impregnation

surgery you mong

>talks about aesthetics
>posts a thot with a choker

The terrible taste people display here keeps triggering me every time.

Also I am simply baffled by the bizarre questions people ask here. What went through OP's head when he made this thread? Why does this thread have 89 replies? I mean OP asked the question as if "women are more aesthetic than men" was a fact. And what exactly does he intend to find out? I am confused.

user want to blame his uglyness in his gender, even if you are het, you can't deny mens have are more beatiful.

Very debatable, homo.

>T. male black widow

Like it or not, beards make men appear more attractive to women. You must be a retard if you think that isn't functional. Do you think a male peacock's feathers are "non-functional?" Any feature that increases reproductive success is functional.

>Like it or not, beards make men appear more attractive to women.
HAHAHAHA, that is so fucking cultural im laughing my ass off at you thinking you have any idea of anyhting in the world.

it shows that you know little women, a lot of them HATE beards. PArticularly very young ones, aka teens, aka the ones with the most desirable age of breeding for impregnating int he soft pussy while feeling their soft skin pressed against you mmm yes

>Muh culture
>Beardlet detected
You clearly have not been with a fair share of women, an overwhelming majority prefer facial hair to a clean shaven face. LOL Do you think these teens want little hairless school boys?

Not even debatable, commoner