Why aren't you getting your Doctorate of Philosophy in Mathematics, Veeky Forums?

Why aren't you getting your Doctorate of Philosophy in Mathematics, Veeky Forums?

Because I have nothing original to contribute to the field.

Because I'm doing computer science instead. It's going to be so awesome

I'm a brainlet.

Get ready to be cleansed in the revolution.

Because I’m getting my doctorate of philosophy in inorganic chemistry

I am sorry but white able-bodied cis-gendered heterosexual men aren't allowed to be hired for software jobs anymore...

because i already have a better phd

>It's going to be so awesome

Don't fall for the memes;
Programming ain't as dreamy as it seems.

how do I fucking afford a phd

>PhD in theoretical physics
>$10k starting
>any suicide method I want

Army

>>PhD in theoretical physics
should have studied actual physics

Nigga you get paid to get a PhD lmao. It's not enough to survive on but still

it loses its value too quickly

Where you living? In the UK it's plenty enough to survive on. Even saved enough to buy a house.

The downside is you would have to live in the UK, lol.

It's nice not having to worry about being shot all the time

Because I dropped out of college due to depression, then had a manic episode and a seizure in quick succession, which basically ruined my entire life. I've been a NEET for over 5 years now and I only just started studying math again. I'll be lucky to get my bachelor's if I don't kill myself first.

>be American
>get shot

>be British
>get attacked with acid

not exactly an improvement.

It's only criminal degenerates melting each others' faces so I don't give a shit.

Tyrone vs Mohammed

>Tyrone vs Mohammed
*Amerimutt vs Mohammed

>implying the blacks care enough to shoot your scaredy white ass

el ogro de las americas vs el ogro de europa

Research in that field does not interest me nearly as much as directing the kinetic effects of RPAs. Sorry OP.

Because I’m pursuing medicine, a field in which I can apply science to improve the lives of other people.

Oh yeah and
>muh 300k starting meme

You better be Indian or else I got bad news for you

I'm about to get mine, have no job lined up despite 100+ applications to both industry and academic positions. Applied math btw so I have non-math skills too.

I'm white. What's the bad news? Are white people not smart enough for CS?

>I-I want to help people :3
good luck little girl

>being this unironically cynical that you possess zero empathy and goodwill toward your fellow man
btfo reptilians

Unironically?

Why don't you learn some real math? You better learn how to shoot and survive the communist coup they have planned when they get the guns, if you morons think you are going to be graduating and living happily top kek'ems. It is go time boys

Probably something about outsourcing. Or the undergraduate C.S. major being dumbed down.

Biomedical sciences here. Don't you feel like other fields also improve the lives of other people? I feel like what I'm trying to do is only even possible because of the work of previous generations of physicists, chemists, mathematicians. Maybe the next generation can cook us up some sweet new tools to work with?

I'd like to. My grades aren't straight As though so anything more than a master's is just a dream.