Is this the center of our galaxy? An arm? Or is it just a collection of stars and dust?

Is this the center of our galaxy? An arm? Or is it just a collection of stars and dust?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AHrCI9eSJGQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Care to post a real picture? When I look up I don't see all that shit in the sky

I don’t think it can be seen with the naked eye. Usually you need a camera sensitive to light or someplace with zero light pollution

HAHAHA top fucking kek vlach

Beach trolls like sick of this game gtfo out

what for a beach troll

youtu.be/AHrCI9eSJGQ

It can be seen at 0:35 as well

>muh limited eyes are the be all and end all of all that can be seen

Usually you just need long exposure times.

Our eyes are moderately sensitive but our brain is processing what our eyes capture constantly which means that we can't get the additive effect of a one second exposure taken from a camera.
You can go out when it is really dark, little to no light pollution around and your pupils will adjust to let more light in, and your brain will actually adjust to a slightly different processing mode, but to see in that kind of clarity you need the additive effect of a long exposure. And your brain just doesn't have that ability.

Try squinting, at high altitude away from any cities or other light pollution, on a clear cloudless night with no moon. Or get better eyes.

middle part looks like the center, rest is arms
stars and dust are everywhere

You can tell it's real because it looks so fake.

i would stand stunned for two hours if i was able to see andromeda like that

Well, probably when you first saw it. But if it were a natural feature in our night sky like that then it would just be normal.

the sun lights up the galaxy as it does the planets in the solar system, so you would need to look on a night with a full sun

Why would you want to squint your eyes? The best way to see something dim is to use your peripheral vision.

I have no idea what you just wrote.

Hey, don't worry about it kid, it's PhD level stuff. Us astrophysicists are used to it anyway.

Is that true size?

Yes, Andromeda is really big in the sky but it's also quite dim so when you look at it with the naked eye you will only see the bright core. That picture is obviously not real but the point of the image is to show Andromedas angular size compared to the Moons.

have you never seen a vagina before?

brah man

Brahman < i dare you to google it

Can someone answer my fucking question or point me to a source that might answer it

>Is this the center of our galaxy? An arm? Or is it just a collection of stars and dust?

It's everything at once. It is the center but some parts are being blocked by a galaxy arm which consist of stars and dust. Happy?