Is this what evolution wanted Veeky Forums?

Is this what evolution wanted Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

jech.bmj.com/content/59/9/749.long
canadiancrc.com/Newspaper_Articles/Globe_and_Mail_Moms_Little_secret_14DEC02.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bad sample. The men taking paternity tests probably have reason to doubt paternity.

>people who suspect they've been cheated on get paternity tests
>paternity tests tend to show that 'fathers' are cheated on
>what is bias
I never expected to be glad I took that intro to statistics class, but I here we are.

its like saying "stars are exploding is this what the bigbang wanted"

Yes. The best breed, others take care of Chad's children. Everything exactly as it should be.

Selection bias

The rate of misattributed paternity in general population is about 3%.

Nearly half of men who take paternity tests not being the real father =/= nearly half of men not being the real father.

No because if you have to take a paternity test in the first place, that means there is some suspicion or concern about the baby's father in the first place. Paternity tests cost money too, which affects' peoples desires to get one in the first place.

Seriously just fucking stop and think about this for a minute.

>iphone filename
Not even surprised.

>about 3%
I find that extremely hard to believe. Closer to 20% is more likely.

>Rates vary between studies from 0.8% to 30% (median 3.7%, n=17).
jech.bmj.com/content/59/9/749.long

>who take paternity test
So people who already believe they are not the father, or are taking one for legal reasons?

Not a random sample. This does not represent the norm.

FPBP

SPSBP

Fine

canadiancrc.com/Newspaper_Articles/Globe_and_Mail_Moms_Little_secret_14DEC02.aspx

>roughly 10 per cent of us are not fathered by the man we believe to be dad.

You guys are mathematicians (I'm an Earth scientist). Assuming women have 3 children and 10% of them are not related to the man who thinks they're his how often do women cheat?

Not every woman has the same likelihood to cheat. Some might cheat to produce 5 kids and some might not cheat to produce 2.

we need to know the probability that a "cheat" results in a child

>roughly 10 per cent of us are not fathered by the man we believe to be dad
This sounds like a slight exaggeration.

Higher than as a result of sex with theeir husband.
It is 30% if you are from England actually.

>Is this what evolution wanted Veeky Forums?
Well yes, literally yes. Best aggressive genes with a caring father.

Wife's son

>roughly 10 per cent of us are not fathered by the man we believe to be dad.

You seem to think this means 10% of middle class stable families. 10% of overall population means those are predominantly people with unstable economical and family background. If you grew up in a wealthy suburb area, than most probably almost all of your friends are biological children of their father.

The 10% figure includes adoptions and such. The real figure for cheating resulting in children is closer to 1 or 2%, which is very low compared to the rest of the animal kingdom. Genetic testing has shown that this figure hasn't changed historically btw

>muh bias

Regardless of bias 1 cuckold for every legitimate father is pretty yuge. Yes that is what evolution wanted, the female biological imperative is to secure the best genes for her offspring and get a cuckold beta male to support her and her baby. Why would you want the shit tier genes of some loser when you can get quietly get a genetically superior man to father your kids? It's hard to swallow but that is how Nature works.

>>roughly 10 per cent of us are not fathered by the man we believe to be dad.

There are literally no references for this number

Since then the genes of a Muscular retard is superior to a High IQ genius?

It's why High IQ genius are so rare.
And Muscular retards are so common.

The human scientific progress is doomed.
Dumbing down of society is now inevitable
Thanks to the average females.

>tfw to smart to lose virginity and procreate

>>/r9k/

Daily reminder that Newton died a Virgin

>wife's adopted son
ftfy

>an anecdote is a proof
Oh my god, are we on THIS level?

fpbp, you don't take a damn paternity test unless you don't think you're the father.

My mind and body are riddled with genetic disorders. I think not reproducing is a pretty smart move on my part.

>Since then the genes of a Muscular retard is superior to a High IQ genius?

Since forever, as a physically powerful male was better at protecting the female and her offsprings than some weaklings. Hence the overwhelming sexual preference women have for tall, muscular, broad-shouldered males.