/mg/

Anime edition

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homology_(mathematics)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homotopy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pairing_function
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ree_group
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

gööh

täätä

>Anime edition
You mean regular /mg/?

Hello what do you think of anime

Waste of time, but pic related is a good way to decorate your room for optimal mathematical efficiency.

Lots of useless things there. Must be an algebraist's room.

The animals are necessary.

They're contractible so no, they're not necessary.

>contractible
They have tubes going from their mouths to their butts. Are you sure they are contractible?

you can tell it's not an analyst's room because it doesn't look like a hurricane just tore through it

>They have tubes
Animal plushes do? Since that's what was in the room you posted.

My polar bear eats raisins.

Does the category of bears admit a faithful functor from the category of berries such that it's surjective on the subcategory raisins into the subcategory of polar bears?

any of you guys good at math but absolutely blow at physics?

the solution to almost every problem feels like just having memorized the correct asspull for every situation rather than building up a consistent logical framework for breaking down problems.

>physics

I am quite sure that is the case. Although, I must admit I'm not sure how he eats them. I will get some and do some category theoretical research on this matter.

Sorry but feeding your animal without proving the existence of that functor is animal abuse. I'm calling PETA right now.

Attacking me is a choice, me firing back at them is an immediate consequence. I doubt they will dare come close to my home.

I'm not very good at physics problems either, but I think it's wrong to characterize solving them as "just memorizing asspulls."
Not everything in mathematics can be broken down into dead formal recipes either; for example integration, or the kind of problems you find on olympiads.
These sorts of things seem like dumb tricks until you've practiced enough to recognize the patterns, and then the make sense.

I will join you.

We will paint the world red with their blood.

They will know pain.

They will know fear.

They will know despair.

They will know death.

Not yet. They will suffer before they know death.

god I hate anime

They will beg for the sweet mercy of death.

Exactly.

C-can I have a raisin?

>math
>anime
Oxymoron. You don't mix intellectuals' activity and gook trash for nu-males.

I don't have any on me right now but I have black anal beads that look like raisins.

>gook trash for nu-males.
hello redd*t!

>yfw

>believing for a second this can get you a job even in CS

>He thinks CS is math.
>Computer Science
>Science

Kek

>reading comprehension problems amongst weebs: the new evidence

Threadly reminder to work with physicists.

where's that fucking faggot that was giving me shit for not making a list

I have many more resources I use regularly, like video lectures, lecture notes, etc that I'll supply on a final edit and I'll include more detail

>faggot
Why the homophobia?

>Linear Algebra Done Right
Why the determinantphobia?

Veeky Forumsmg/ is a Homology group of fags with homotopic gender

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homology_(mathematics)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homotopy

I'm only recommending it because a lot of people had had success with it, and he has a nice lecture series to accompany it, chapter by chapter, topic by topic.

>recommending books based on hearsay

Are there any good anime about math?

Yuyushiki is about math in spirit.

>surjective
>not essentially surjective

This.

Refer to the "physics" threads over at .
Fuck off to the "CS" threads over in the .
Your "people" are not welcome here.

>anime edition by the resident weebs
>literally zero math has been discussed so far

seems about right

Wrong website. Visit .

>muh anime website
It's a fucking imageboard for discussion of many topics. Yea shitposting and anime are fine, but you are just obnoxious after a while saying the same godamm shit over and over.

Obnoxious and they tend to drive out meaningful discussion

I suppose it's true the few people with or in a PhD are also weebs. That doesn't excempt them from constantly shitting threads.

>muh
Return to your home. Your "people" and your disparaging remarks about anime are simply not welcome here. See the above message.

Nah, I like it here. I will keep complaining about anime until I die.

Keep being a redditor until you die, but do it at .

>zizek
post disregarded

Make me nerd.

What's wrong with Zizek?

upvoted my fellow redditor

How does /mg/ deal with depression?

Should I just submit and get SSRIs?

>Should I just submit and get SSRIs?
The usual garbage they sell to you "officially" didn't work for me at least, if you catch my drift.

>makes a math thread to discuss nu-male cartoons that have their own board
>get told to fuck off back to the said board
>loses shit and cries like a faggot
Come here and sip some tea, son.

>reddit frogs
Deport yourself back to . Your kind isn't welcome in these threads.

>CS isn't math
someone is a heathen

You seem lost. This is the math general on an anime discussion website.

>"every object in the topos of sheaves on a point is projective" is somehow """computation"""
Are you mentally handicapped? Fuck off to the "CS" .

Pic related. Obviously a simple solution, but I can't figure it out. Would the following be sufficient proof?

Conceptually I understand how the cardinality is the same, since for every ordered pair (or 'every element of the set'), there will be a corresponding n in N that it is mapped to. Where I'm lost is actually constructing the bijection, and what that process should look like.

My best attempt so far is below, but it's far from formalized.

Organize the set of all ordered pairs [math] NxN | {[(0,0),(0,1),..(0,a)][(1,0),(1,1),(1,b)]} [\math] such that set (0,0) maps to 1, (0,1) maps to 2, (0,a) maps to i, and, performing the same mapping to the latter half of the sets, (1,0) maps to i+1, (1,1) maps to i+2, (1,b) maps to i+b.

>[math] NxN | {[(0,0),(0,1),..(0,a)][(1,0),(1,1),(1,b)]} [\math]

[math] NxN | {[(0,0),(0,1),..(0,a)][(1,0),(1,1),(1,b)]} [/math]

[math] N \times N | \{[(0,0),(0,1),..(0,a)][(1,0),(1,1),(1,b)]\} [/math], where a and b conveniently represent an infinite process for me, which probably won't fly

take 3 anyhow on the latex editing

>where a and b conveniently represent an infinite process for me
What is an "infinite process"? Discuss CS stuff at the appropriate board.

weak bait. sad!

In what way is this "bait"?

How do I know diff forms are real. As in, how do I know it's consistent with measure theory and shit.

Because infinite processes are essential to all maths

>infinite processes
Sounds like some kind of CS gibberish which should be discussed solely at .

pls just answer my question sirs

take your finitist philosophy and shove it up your ass, retard

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pairing_function
Where does my post mention "finitism"? You seem to have serious problems with reading comprehension.

I don't wanna spoil the surprise user-san, give me a hint

Oh and of those sets map up to some (m,n) set, I should've used index notation to clear things up

cool thanks though user, I kinda had a primitive cantor snakey going on in my doodles but couldn't figure out the algebra of such a function, I'll probably finish this tomorrow

Is combinatorics basically discrete math for mathematicians? why do I find 'discrete math' books so unappealing?

>discrete "math" for mathematicians
No such thing.
>why do I find 'discrete math' books so unappealing?
Maybe you dislike programming stuff in general? It's better to ask the experts at the if you want to get into it.

No I like programming, but I feel that the whole field is currently like calculus before analysis was invented and all the books cater to compsci fags and their applications. I guess I don't like how it immediately implies programming.

I do like Lovasz works on the topic though. I'll look around for more I guess.

And why is there no such thing? Most math majors have to take some class like it

Can I have some non-brainlet maths memes?

y'all know how in chem/bio/whatever, there's always this dichotomy between going into industry vs academia (i.e. that of money/selling out vs less/no money). is there an equivalent situation for mathematics, and more specifically, pure mathematics?

Becoming a quant?

normies get out

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ree_group

Stop sucking your mom's Tits and make your dad feel good, you filthy hairy ball licking Cox-Zucker machine.

hmm, do quantitative analysts really make that much? and that's not really the kind of thing for someone coming from a pure mathematics background, is it?

Other way 'round.
Hated PDEs. I think Prof was demonstrating how to solve a conductive heat transfer problem.
Prof said "Assume an answer in the form of such-and-such..."
(Puzzled) "Why?"
(Exasperated) "Because that's the one that works!"

Discuss physics at .

Nice anime math thread, but OP used a dumbass as pic

How do I pick a topic for postgrad study