What are some essential equations all scientists should know?

what are some essential equations all scientists should know?

Other urls found in this thread:

einstein-schrodinger.com/Standard_Model.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's some reddit tier horseshit you've got there. Sort yourself out.

Chemistry:
n = cV
n = m/Mw
c1*V1 = c2*V2

d=rt

pv=nrt

E = hv
dG = dH - TdS

TdS greater or equal than 0

Ohm's law
Pretty good one

God I hated that fucking thing.

[math]2D > 3D[/math]

>simplify all of classical mechanics to energy scalars rather than messy force vectors
>200 years later engineering cucks cry and whine over how bothersome it is to learn your equation

You're like a little baby, watch this

einstein-schrodinger.com/Standard_Model.pdf

this

+1

Speed = Distance / Time

Is this a formula for entropy or something?

Yes

Neat too bad I can't do trig yet, or I guess I should say understand why trig works but I'm getting there

Yeah sue me

You don't really need trig for this shit , only an understanding of what microstates and what macrostates are . For example for 2 coins one being heads and one being tails is a macrostate, which includes 2 microstates ( coin 1 being heads and coin 2 being heads ) the amount of microstates in a macrostate is the multiplicity which is the W term . The k is just some constant

You woukd be surprised how many science/math majors forget fucking SOHCAHTOA

Can that be applied on science or is this moreso philosophical science? I guess maybe you could apply it to processors in some way or something?

This makes me feel better about forgetting it since high school

Boltzmann was able to take a generic probability distribution of microstates, figured out a bunch of neat ways to count microstates (W = total microstates) and was able to relate it to entropy since entropy is also a quantity dependent on the number of microstates. It was huge because entropy is part of thermodynamics, which means that thermodynamics can now describe systems exactly using W. The ideal gas law uses the Boltzmann constant (R = Avogadro's number * Boltzmann's constant) because ideal gases behave just like a generic probability distribution. Thermodynamics became Statistical Thermodynamics over night.

Fuck me lol

Neat

He also committed suicide because he was being bullied too hard by the philosophers. Sad.

It's applied to a physical systems macrostate (like gas at a certain temperature volume and pressure) with W being the number microstates in it (number of all possible combinations of velocity and position all the particles can have while still being in that macrostate ,these are ridiculously huge numbers)

>typifying "all scientists"
good luck with that

P -> Q
P
∴ Q

And so on and so on.

Underrated

C = B*log2(SNR+1)

>:^)

[math]P \vee \neg P[/math]

Doesn't this have to do something with
life in space. I think its related to number of earth like planets in existence in our galaxy.

W = F*d cos(Θ)

op = gay

Not an equation

higher order diff equations are a beauty

For chemistry, literally just this
Inb4 Physics or Comp Sci virgin wants to show off how many convoluted BS equations they learned in uni

Tbh wish I could unlearn that, just depressing as hell

[math]P \vee \neg P = \top[/math]

memorizing equations OMEGALUL

Understand underlying principles, make reasonable assumptions and derive everything yourself

I poured juice in my cereal this morning