End Aging

Anybody here in the field of gerontology or aging meme?
What are your sources of information and what have you discovered ?

Other urls found in this thread:

apt46.net/2012/02/06/old-people-are-feeble-only-because-theyre-lazy/
youtube.com/watch?v=a9f0XegyjRw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Fossel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Flesh is weak, the future human is sillicon.

Truth.

damn

Aging is not even a disease

stfu brainlet

there will probably be basic genetic modifications that can increase the intellectual power of a new human tenfold before we'll have a computer that can match a normal human

kek

making a human in silico means that you basically understand every structure of the human brain, work out a method to simulate it and have the horsepower to simulate it. Meanwhile, making a human much smarter might be as simple as "look, we discovered protein CFZ-34UII that's much more common in the brain of einstein and other smart guys than in normals, lets overexpress it and see what happens" a couple of times. Simulation is unable to do anything without almost complete comprehension while biological methods can just fuck around and see what happens because they already have a functioning brain to start with, the fields are not in the same position even though their achievements are basically equally lacking at this moment.

why does normies doesn't find the field of aging isn't that insetting?

Commoners lack long term planning.

It kind of is though. Diseases are caused by non-functiinal mutations. Aging is an accumulation of disease. And shortening of chromosome after each cell division leading to the loss of genetic info at a certain point

They linked mitochondrial mutations so aging. A mouse that had mutated mitochondria aged much quicker than one without mutated mtDNA. But aging also results from mutation of nuclear DNA.

We already have a way of maintaining chromosome length through telomerase. We can't prevent mutation so the only way to prevent aging is to create more efficient DNA repair mechanism, or to create 'anti-mutanogens' that are able to reverse mutations. Some already exist that can reverse thymine-thymine dimer mutations created by UV exposure, but differentiating individual point mutations is more complicated

Nobody has the right to live forever, eternal life guarantees eternal status quo.

are you sure u have gotta above 10 iq?

no

OP is a faggot

Nobody has the right to live now too.

kik

why?

I will kill you

FUCK YOU

You missed the most obvious. Oxygen destroys our skin

kys op

nob

>insetting
put in (something) as an inset.
"washbasins are usually inset into a toilet table to form a vanity unit"
decorate with an inset.
"tables inset with ceramic tiles"
You're a retard

you got the point mostly

Does that seem healthy to you?

Oh my fucking god this shit is too fucking disgusting!

create an antibody to stop the chemical that causes aging
/thread ggez

I know one instant cure you should consider

?????????????????????

go fuck yoursldf
that doesn't mean it's a disease, but it is true that with age we are more prone to diseases

Fuck you.
Splice ourselves with crow. Pic related

A modified cancer strain could help ese

YOU CANT TRANSFER YOUR BRAIN TO A MACHINE THE MACHINE WILL NOT BE YOU YOU WILL STILL DIE

Why tho

You can actually live without portions of your brain. In some cases, fully functionally. The brain has a lot of redundancy, and plasticity. I think there documented cases of people living with an entire hemisphere removed.
Now imagine a technology is developed that interfaces with your brain. Lets say it can connect with your brain to add capacity to it. Better memory, additional processing potential, whatever.
Now lets say that you remove a quarter of your brain, and replace it with this interface. Perfectly fine, you're still you, and your mind still keeps thinking along.
Now repeat this process some more times.
At what point did you "die"?

there was never a "you" to begin with

>aging meme
Lrn2meme fgt pls

Reminder
>apt46.net/2012/02/06/old-people-are-feeble-only-because-theyre-lazy/

Veeky Forums is too stupid to think about that

No

Got to find a way to prevent loss of telomeres.

I don't think we'll ever be able to fully stop aging, as it's been built-in for far too long by evolution, but we'll be able to greatly extend our lifespans. Think 200-300 years average life expectancy.

t.brainlet

lmao at all those fat amerimutt feeling called out and their pathetic lazybones existence
>athletes don't get laid and have no life lmao, I on the other hand get plenty of action with my right hand while sitting on the computer

FUCKING ANIMALS DID IT ALREADY !!!

How should i do that?

fucking atheists

what's wrong with that

how old r u?

no

too old

disgusting

KEK

low iq op detected

Love is beautiful precisely because it's just chemicals. It's more spiritual and poetic when love wasn't conceived by a hand but instead created itself through series of events.

like what?

I'm not in the field, but found the book "Reversing Human Aging" by Dr. Michael Fossel to be an interesting read.
>Pic related

youtube.com/watch?v=a9f0XegyjRw

Awesome.

>Young vs Old Muscles
That's European vs American

>as it's been built-in for far too long by evolution
Aging has nothing to do with evolution.

FUCK YOU

sens.org

Every time I see a video with Aubrey De Grey he just ends up begging for donations. Is this dude worth paying attention to?

Fuck him I'm just getting his ideas..

Altered Carbon fag

someone have link to the PDF?

It's on Library Genesis.

HE ALREADY INVESTED HIS OWN 60 MILLION POUNDS IN THIS !!!

Fuck off nignog

Just like a lifespan equals a lifespan of status quo

'Dr' Michael Fossel is pretty evidently full of shit if he claims that his book explains the mechanisms of aging without having a nice little snapshot of his Nobel Prize on the cover. Cell biologists know jack shit about how aging works, and what we do know isn't enough to reverse it without giving you hella-cancer.

Killing yourself

Hella reddit bro!

Quite literally does. Evolution only selects against negative traits when they interfere with reproduction. That allowed for some health post normal reproductive age to ensure the success of your offspring but it tapers off and things fall apart.

Wrong, it's true but less beautiful.

kys

I look like I'm 30

Top kek

Telomerase. It already exists

brain transplant from 3d printed body from stem cells, brain disease cured from stem cell bath

Fuck.

That much neural density combined with our crappy lysosomes would mean that everybody gets alzheimer's disease at the age of 20.

If you'd bother to switch on your brain and check out the abstract, you might come to a more reasoned conclusion.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Fossel

Just kys. Bam, you've stopped aging

Drugs are all they know of love.
-God

double nigger

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the theory is if you transplant and old person's head onto a young person's body the stem cells from the young body will rejuvenate the old head n brain. So what we REALLY need for immortality is the ability to reattach large bundles of nerves, like the the spinal column, or the ability to just clone specific organs, and replace every body part a human has over the span of their lifetime, ship of theseus style.

Wrong

Kys noob

Attached: 1510134012936.jpg (600x600, 33K)

Fuck me

You're a piece of shit

Should I make a new thread for this?
Why does scientists like aubrey de grey need money to end there reasearch? What will they do with that money? Am I retarded?

research is expensive
the more money poured into it the faster we get results
im not really sure sens is The way to go about eternal lifespan but his treatments might buy us some time if they will exist during our lives, and any extra time is valuable because some other treatment might pop up giving us even more time and then after some ticks of that cycle we might actually live until we get hit by car
anyway if you wanna live forever there are only 3 things you can do
1. maintain good health and dont get hit by car
2. do the research yourself
3. give your money to sens or some other organisation

What if you get hacked