What if you could choose again?

What if you could choose again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kcfkEA2INMw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Biology
>Mid Tier

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

THINK OF ME NEXT TIME YOU BLOW YOUR LEG OFF AND NEED A CLONING VAT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I would get a bachelors in mathematics and a PHD in woman's studies. I'd then get some certification in computer science... Maybe a community college associates in art.

Joint BSc in Math & Physics then PhD in Theoretical Physics.

But I'm halfway to get a degree in EE.
So I'll try to get a minor in Math
(perhaps a double major in EE & Math if I delay the graduation a little a bit, in 1 semester more or so)

Why?

Currently doing mech eng. Would do neuroscience or comp eng in a heartbeat. Have been trying to find a way to change course but I can't afford it

>philosophy
Yeah, no. That belongs in useless tier. Everything has already been thought of for philosophy.

Retarded thread and a dumb asf chart. Do what you enjoy. Just Don't be a tard. Math is a useless degree with no jobs. Sperg all you want but Indeed com says it all.

English major here. AMA.

>3rd year math major
>realizing i basically have to go to grad school if i want to have a hope of getting a job
still have room to double major in cs thank god. don't get memed in to studying math. only literal geniuses can really succeed at it.

how would you rank them based on job availability?

Why, user? Mech is simply superior, and you can always branch out in postgraduate.

>not using Google
Honestly, it depends. The fact Is, physics and engineering (anything but agricultural) are high demand jobs but you'll probably have to move to some place that ISN'T a major city centre if youre normie(you Are, trust me). The simple truth Is, spoilt city dwelling children never learn this and think STEM is a meme and get depressed postgrad when they realise they cant live in LA and have to move to Mississippi or Colorado.

I know more teachers who got jobs than chemists. But they all work at shitholes. In Canada, teachers make ~60k/yr starting thanks to unions. Most bio students I know struggle to get jobs though, especially microbio. All general sci. students I know work at McDonald's-tier jobs. I know a lot of unemployed CSC grads.

How on earth this map is constructed, I have no clue. But I'm sure the creator doesnt either.

>BROTHER
I'm currently pursuing a Linguistics degree for my master's.

>The simple truth Is, spoilt city dwelling children never learn this and think STEM is a meme and get depressed postgrad when they realise they cant live in LA and have to move to Mississippi or Colorado.
juif

What? I am not Jewish.

>languages
>waste of life

What the fuck does this thing actually rank? By earnings or perceived superiority amongst incels?

> Everything has already been thought of for philosophy

What?

Computational Linguistics is probably one of the best Humanities majors out there.

This degree can let you study many subjects that everyone loves such as History, Philosophy & Anthropology.
But you will still be very employable as Programmer in Tech Companies like Google, Apple, Microsoft or Adobe.

A Computational linguist can research Artificial Intelligence, or work in the next Generation Computer Translator.

I like to learn the structure of languages, how they evolve historically,

languages with complex grammar as Latin or Russian,
languages with complex writing system as Japanese & Chinese.

What you said is mostly true, except for the spoiled part. White millennials who major in stem and have to leave their hometown (sometimes country even) have good reasons not to be too happy about it, especially those who live in heavily centralized countries where everything happens in only a few cities which are all filled to the brim with dirty arabs who don't contribute shit and somehow manage to live there on welfare. But for some reasons stem ain't a meme and they need to leave.
Jews and their race-mixing antics really ruined the western world.

>Computational Linguistics is probably one of the best Humanities majors out there.
This, unironically. It's the beautiful bastard stepchild of STEM and the Humanities that is rejected by both but stronger for it.

>foreign language
>waste of life
translators make very good money though

I like how mech/civil is so great it transcends the meme chart

But seriously fuck mech it sucks and I still don't have a job

Unironically Theology

Dickwaving abour majors within STEM is for edgy freshmen

The same crap applies to Veeky Forums as well.

About to graduate with a BA in Biological Anthropology. If I could choose again I would do a BSc in Biology. Which is what I'm doing since I'm going back for a second degree.

>theology, archeology, and philosophy ranked higher than psychology

Veeky Forums is convinced that psych is a Jewish pseudoscience.

correctly

Naw

yah

shut up retard you know as well as I do you're fucking centrifuging ascites, nothing you do will ever be that cool

>brainlets

I did environmental sciences with political sciences. I also did a partial business degree before I switched schools. I wish I was more science heavy. I would choose Compsci and philosophy.

I would have added applied math to my economics degree so I could officially be an applied mathematician instead of just practically one :)

Astronomy is literally physics

Math but I don't spend my first year fucking around with as an international relations major

Vet medicine. Comfy. Would choose the same

If they were the same, Why aren't the same?

Business. I'd go to an American college, rush a frat,party all fucking day and fuck sluts while using all my free time to learn coding (which is the only thing that matters from CS, fuck CS)

Idiot

How the uck is Psychology shit tier?

See

>sense of humor>(you)

Shit list

Medicine is #1 followed by a power gap, then Lawyer, then everyone else.

>has a degree in mechanical engineering and can't get a job

cardboard league shitter detected.

youtube.com/watch?v=kcfkEA2INMw

YOU THINK THIS IS A JOKE?!
I'M A BIG BOY.
I DESERVE A TOP SPOT.
I DESERVE IT.
BIOLOGY IS VITAL TO THE UNDERSTANDING OF HUMANITY AND OUR PLANETS NATURE.
YOU WANT TO BE THIS WAY!? YOU WANNA FUCKIN' GO!?
WHO WANTS A FUCKTON OF INFECTIOUS DISEASES WITH NO CURE!?!
APPARENTLY YOUR VIRGIN ASSHOLE BECAUSE YOU LOOOOOVE SHITTING ON BIOLOGIST SO MUCH.
ALSO, GOOD FUCKING LUCK GETTING ANY OF YOUR WEABOO MONSTER GIRLFRIENDS, BECAUSE YOU AIN'T GETTING JACK FROM ME!
YOU KNOW WHAT?! MAYBE I WILL GO AND CENTRIFUGE ASCITES! TO RELAX ME WHILE I GARBLE UP SOME ABOMINATION TO RELEASE ON YOUR SORRY ASS, CTHULU STYLE. ALL I KNOW IS AT THE END OF THE DAY I FEEL EMPTY AND ALONE. I HATE MY LIFE 100000000000^666 TIMES MORE THAN YOUR SORRY ASS AND BY THE TIME I FREEZE MYSELF AND WAKE UP. PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND WILL BE DEAD AND I CAN SEED THIS PLANET WITH SOME VIABLE PLANT LIFE. WHICH WOULD BE BETTER COMPANY THAN BOTH OF YOU ASSHOLES! IN THE END I JUST WANTED TO BE ACCEPTED. YOU FORCED ME TO DO THIS. YOU FORCED MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
THE SHEER ARROGANCE OF EXCLUDING ME MAKES ME WANT TO EXTERMINATE YOU ALL.
I WANT TO BE A REAL SCIENTIST.
I WANNA, I WANNA BE A SCIENTIST-
I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE YOU ALL.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Linguistics isn't at least Mid Tier.

I'd've done philosophy tbqh
Do not care about this chart

> God Tier: Chemistry

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA *Inhales* HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA *Pulls out inhaler and vapes teh good stuff* HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

>I can teach high school or cc or get a phd and work for DOW

I’m eighteen and I’m still trying to figure out what to do. I think I wanna go into film but I’m fairly certain film school is a meme. I’m decent at science and was considering neurology since I like anatomy so much. What do sci, follow my dream to make movies or settle with something science-y?

>says "science-y"
>doesn't already have a dissertation about one calcium-channel on the interior thalamic bodies planned out in advance

Film. Film for sure.

Did CS, now a software engineer

I would do CS again

It is.

lies.

Fuck off.

Psych is not a science. Fact.

Show me.

I did pharmacology and regretted it. Doing EE now and having a lot more fun. Math is cool.

compsci shouldn't be mid tier as long as you aren't doing it purely for salary reasons or for a job

Why didn't you like pharma? Two of my friends are pharma and love it.

The first 2 years of the course were heavily generalised to the point of boredom and the ADHD little shit that I was back then couldn't see the future in it. I don't think I was mature enough to consider higher education.

Go play with your animal friends you over glorified druid.

Okay...

:'(

medfag here, medicine is god tier

>neuroscience
it takes 10 years in my country to be anything other than a basic doctor and the pay isn't that good, and there's too many doctors, especially shit ones, would you still recommend?

I started college looking to be an engineer and I got through to higher level maths before stopping and going into law. Now I work at a law firm doing general BS. I make about as much as I expected to make as an engineer but I do enjoy my work so im happy. Though I don't regret taking those math classes and especially chemistry they helped alot with how I think of things and understanding things. Im not gonna say follow your dreams but dont do something you hate.

Well now we get to think about how such a huge quantities of faggotry can be contained within your body.

I unironically believe linguistics is the "purest" science AMA.

>Mfw as a nursing student I must learn pharmacology and toxicology to graduate.
>Mfw I'm top tier.
>Mfw I have no face.

if STEM are like "aryan master race"
linguistics is like a "honorary aryan"
one of few non-stem subjects I respect.

Second day on mathematics. If I were to go back in time and choose anything else I'd choose philosophy (and in fact I plan to take philosophy courses)

Linguistics are STEM though
More STEM than meme science like psychology

>What if you could choose again?
I wanted to be a Math Major but I picked EE, I don't even enjoy it. I am doing fine academically but I'm going to hate my life as an engineer.

Doing finance/economics and civil engineering post grad (5 year program lol)

If I had to choose again I'd study actuarial science + economics. I didn't find the math in civil engineering particularly hard (even though we were lumped in the same math class as electrical engineers) and I want to learn more. The actual process of "engineering" - building and designing shit - doesn't interest me at all

Aw well, I'll probably go work for a bank or investment company

Take a year off. Get the degeneracy of youth out of you as much as possible. Then get a dual major in philosophy and computer science.

Film is a meme.

How? How is it more pure than physics or if we want to be real, mathematics? Because those subjects are expressed in language and thus linguistics?

I'd choose computer engineering again

I'd spend a year fucking about, maybe doing one of the longer NOLS classes or something, then math or ee.

Though anything would be better than the CS degree I have.

I mean a good job
something above 70k and in the city

settle in careers related to Coding. Majoring in CS, EE or Statistics
This will give you more spare time to pursue Film as a Hobby.

Become a Youtube Short-Film Creator.
Improve the Quality until you can get into Professional Level festivals.

If you filming skills becomes good enough to put food in table then switch careers.
Coding from Profession to Hobby.
Film making from Hobby to Profession

>
>>not using Google
>have to move to Mississippi or Colorado.
Colorado is the best state you don't have to move there you get to

Honestly I did mechanical engineering and if I could change, I would have just gone to college and become a welder.

Its because this chart was made by an engineering undergrad who took a class in C and thinks he's a programming God because he can use a linked list.

Unless you're something special, that's not happening straight out of University. Get some experience with a 40-50k job, get your F.E., and see that salary take a massive jump with your second job after two to three years.

Yeah, after looking into the shit Chomsky started its hard to say that Linguistics isn't rigourous as fuck. Easily a science.

>I don't think I was mature enough to consider higher education.
that's what I tell myself every day...

he did say "purest" in quotes, user

I'd choose the same meme degree but this time I'd actually try.

Oh fuck off, I'd still choose mech engineering. Building robots, repairing helicopters, designing and testing car parts, ripping apart construction equipment to see what you can do better and cheaper, etc etc. And every good senior design class going to NASA needs an ME. It's hands down the funnest of the engineering disciplines. You still get to get your hands dirty like a real engineer.

As a linguist, how do you define "pure"? Cause anything opinion based like language, to me, is unpure.
Not talking shit (please don't be ir8 m8, no h8, hope you can appreci8) but my understanding is language and related fields are muddy and open to interpretation.

t. brainlet xD

>implying you'll get into a frat

I didn't get that till I was 27. You gotta get over yourself and start out where you belong- on the bottom rung of society.
Unless you got a 4.0 at MIT or have connections, or did an internship all 4 years, than you are just another nobody to every employer. Sorry your guidance counselor lied to you to get you to apply yourself.
Trust me tho, the struggle will make you a better person. What's gonna look better anyway, 3 years experience as an engineering tech, or 3 years as a burger flipper?
Try a small manufacturing firm in a smaller town first. Not much competition for applicants.

Have any of you ever switched majors after Freshman year? I am Sophomore and feel like it's too late to switch since I will only have about a semester and a half carry over to the major I want to switch to.

Mechanical engineers wears suits/ business casual to work. They never get their hands dirty. You are thinking of Engineering Technology which do get their hands dirty but know way less math and physics than an Engineer does.

Nip is pretty nice to learn.