If Planet Nine exists, what should it be named?

youtube.com/watch?v=xhUQ9GRx4uU&t=217s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HWmvbxGpra4
weather-wherever.co.uk/world/j8/
weather-wherever.co.uk/world/j13/
fakebuddhaquotes.com/three-things-cannot-be-long-hidden-the-sun-the-moon-and-the-truth/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/163068412/
thebarchive.com/b/thread/762034162/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/93_Minerva
space.com/16080-solar-system-planets.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pludos

Hades

New Pluto

edgy

earth2

Pluto, since we haven't yet used that name for any planets.

Plutwo

Goofy
Mickeymouse
Jiminycricket

Love it. Somebody fund this.

Pubes.

Moot

Pluto is a planet. (In a broader sense).

The planets are divided into dwarf planets, terrestrial planets, and gas giants.

Pepe

Nibiru just to piss half of the population off and cause the other half to panic.

Braaap

Name it Planet X, because fuck what Nasa wants. Downgrading pluto was their crazy scheme so they would never have to admit that the conspiracy theorists were right, and Planet X actually exists.

>half
thats a little generous /x/

why not Planet XXX?

Planet Lewd Anime.

guess
youtu.be/HWmvbxGpra4

I was always fond of the goddess Artemis. How about that?

If I discover it I'm gonna name it Mars so that all research into either planet is needlessly complicated.

Name it Planet Hitler Herpes Vomit.

Kek

Gay

Nu-Earth

wuffalicious

Faggeut

urmomsanus

Nibiru. It has to be Nibiru. I don't give a fuck what the IAU official name it I'm still calling it Nibiru!

I agree.

Isis.

Pluto

They downgraded it because they found othe planetoids of similar size in the solar system and it didn't make sense to keep Pluto top ranked.

Obviously the planet should be named George.

Planet Nine is a planet in the outer Solar System. Its gravitational influence explains the abnormal orbits of a group of distant trans-Neptunian objects (TNOs) found mostly beyond the Kuiper belt in the Scattered Disc region. This discovered super-Earth-sized planet has an estimated mass of ten Earths, a diameter two to four times that of Earth, and an elongated orbit lasting approximately 15,000 years. Up until March of 2018, efforts to visually locate Planet Nine have failed. Speculation about the possible existence of a ninth planet began in 2014. Astronomers Chad Trujillo and Scott S. Sheppard wrote in the journal Nature and compared the similar orbits of trans-Neptunian objects Sedna and 2012 VP113. In early 2016, Konstantin Batygin and Michael E. Brown described how the similar orbits of six TNOs could be explained by Planet Nine and proposed a possible orbit for the planet. This hypothesis could also explain TNOs with orbits perpendicular to the inner planets and those with an extreme tilt, as well as the tilt of the Sun's axis. Garry Denke, a geologist with Denoco Inc, telephotoed Planet Nine in early March of 2018 and it first appeared in GDG, his diary journal. Planet Nine is presumed to be the core of a primordial giant planet that was ejected from its original orbit, after encountering Jupiter, during the genesis of the Solar System. Others have proposed that the planet was either captured from another star, or its orbit may have been influenced by a distant encounter with a passing star.

Planet Nine

Dwarf Planets have nothing to do with Planets. Why would you think that? They're a completely unrelated object and any suggestion otherwise is anti-science.

Science - it works bitches.

Pluto was still the closest of the big kuiper belt objects and deserved to be grandfathered in.

Three things cannot be long hidden:
the sun; the moon; and the truth.
~Siddhartha Gautama

15 March 2018
weather-wherever.co.uk/world/j8/

Evolutionism? That is good religion:
believers heaven; remainder hell.
~Gautama Buddha

20 March 2018
weather-wherever.co.uk/world/j13/

Looks like It's a Go:
Levitation; UMR.
~Garry Denke

Yuggoth

Quirinus or Romulus

If continuing in with the theme of Roman g_ds

But, if planet 9 actually exists and it is found in outer space the the only logical name should be:

EdWood

"Planet 9" is a pretty cool and futuristic name. Calling things by a number is cool and futuristic. Would make me feel like I'm living in a sci-fi videogame.

Melkor.

Terminus, Aether, Nyx, Erebus.

>three things can't be hidden
>the sun, then moon, the truth
>the sun, the moon
>the sun
>sun
>...
>heh.
>*1c's behind mercury"
>Not bad but-
>*unsheathes civilization type 3 self replicating machinery*
It's just how the universe works
>*conjures dyson sphere*
>nothing personnel, whelps

this post is so Veeky Forums it physically hurts

Element 92 = Uranium
Element 93 = Neptunium
Element 94 = Plutonium
Element 95 = Americium

To be consistent, the next planet should be called "America".

fakebuddhaquotes.com/three-things-cannot-be-long-hidden-the-sun-the-moon-and-the-truth/

Same for both 'quotes', B.C.

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/163068412/
thebarchive.com/b/thread/762034162/

>Dwarf Planets
>Dwarf is an adjective modifying noun Planets
Lrn2engrish fgt pls

Edet Wood

But we already live on planet America.

garry denke posts here? nice Veeky Forums

planet nine

It should be named Liber or Bacchus (Dionysus) since he's the last olympian to be born just like Planet 9 is the last to be found.

Solid

Baphomet

Planet Baphomet

why would you name a planet after terrorists

>g_ds
?

Urbutt

Melissa because that's what we called the fat girl in class.

Ideally everything the IAU says dwarf planets should not be named. It should be long, lewd, involve a commercial product, and cartoon character. I henceforth propose that planet 9 if it exists should be called Lucoa's big fat Coca Cola(TM) drenched dragon titties.

But what if Planet 9 isn't a dwarf planet? What if it is a fully fledged planet?

Then it should have the name of a Roman god.
I vote for Vulcan.

Exactly user, the IAU has no rules saying how you should name a planet discovered inside the solar system. This means you can use whatever name you want going against all the stupid conventions the IAU defined to prevent fun.

>>roman gods
all roman god names have been used up on numerous small bodies in the solar system, so we really have to use Lucoa's big fat Coca Cola(TM) drenched dragon titties

It should be called Pluto, while the current Pluto should be renamed shitstain

Do you see any body in our solar system named Vulcan already?

this ;^D

Don't be a trekkie dweeb. It needs a sinister name reminiscent of outer darkness. Not a volatile volcano name. Vulcan is a name for a desert planet.

I'm not being a trekkie dweeb. It's the last major Roman god that hasn't been used.

We could call it Apollo, but we used that for our space program.

We're not calling it Vulcan and that's final.

Minerva
Quirinus
Libera
Diana
Tellus

Mondas.

Yuggoth was already suggested. Doesn't get more outer darkness than that.

>Terminus
This

Minerva is already taken by an asteroid belt.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/93_Minerva

Cadia

Neil degrasse Tyson

>If Planet Nine exists, what should it be named?

Chad.

No, DeGrasse needs to be the name of the first human habitat on or around Pluto.

Nox,

after the Roman goddess of Night. Fits the theme of the rest of the planets and indicates it illusiveness in the 'darkness' of the outer solar system.

>greek naming
Kill yourself.

"Nein" sound 'Nine' in the German

Planet Nein

More like so /reddit/

soy

Panzerkampfwagen IX

Lelantos, the Greek Titan god of moving unseen and stalking prey.

I like it.

Remina

>
>garry denke posts here? nice Veeky Forums

Here's the order of the planets, starting nearest the sun and working outward through the solar system:
Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune — and Planet Nein.

>"Nein" sound 'Nine' in the German
>Planet Nein

As the discoverer of Planet Nein it was herein and thereby named Planet Nein.
space.com/16080-solar-system-planets.html

Planet Nein

More importantly, what should we rename our moon?
>naming your dog "dog"

Luna :^)

>not naming your dog "dog"

New blaned XDXD

Windows

That's just another language's word for "moon" you dumb fucking retard.

Atlantis

Dog.
You'll never guess what I've named my dog!

Satellite

so, hang on a second, the supposed Planet X that conspiracy theorists have rattled on about for decades is now literally a leading hypothesis to explain some of the orbital irregularities in our solar system?