Man kids these days have it so easy

Man kids these days have it so easy.

Back in my days if you were a shy kid who wouldn't raise his hand you were fucked, but now all you had to do is go to Khan Academy and Bam! you got well sorted math knowledge base that explains everything in a beginner friendly way.

In my days, the best I could aspire for these type of things was fucking yahoo answers.

Well fuck your old days then
I learn more from professor leonard and sal than any overpaid fucktard lecturer had ever taught me

Yeah I thought the same thing. I wouldn't of done bad in high school math if the amount of resources were available to me like this generation has

would have also done good on english apparently.

It is mostly used by bad teachers to deal with problem students. Just stick the kid in front of a computer and then blame the kid when he or she does not learn.

how old r u?
nice hread btw

Is Khan Academy a decent resource for someone trying to self improve and stop being a manlet?

no

>manlet
I really want to grow. Seriously though why not?

It honestly feels like cheating, that we have access to so much knowledge compared to previous generations. Poor sods.

Do you mean brainlet?

there were no textbooks when you went to school?
because to me it sounds like you're just looking for excuses

Y-yeah. You now see how dumb I really am.

It's a starting point

I think Veeky Forums would suit you better, buddy.

Self improvement isn't just about getting Veeky Forums although that is a big part of it.

Professor Leonard? You mean Dr. Swole?

yup

You had books back in those days right? Yet somehow you don't know basic grammar and you claim your life would've been easier had the resources been available to you...

/thread

khan academy is the only reason i have an A in my math class at uni
i told my teacher that i use it and she got all mad haha. she knows a free website can teach math better than she can

>these days
Kids had it easy as soon as the TI-89 was released; with the advent of the CAS, students could solve any problem and check their work without teachers or answer keys. There is practically nothing this thing can't do.

I am just learning this now, after being out of school for 4 years. Shrug.

all we need is open access now and school will be completely obselete

>intentionally ignoring the lecturer
>playing with your phone
>sleeping
>talking to the people next to you
>somehow the lecturers fault

You realize that those resources take time to figure out, and learning how to use them is now a necessity?

I read that self-reported quality of life dropped quite a bit along with the advent of the smartphone. These new conveniences don't exactly make life easier, considering they've given your superiors good excuse to push you to your utmost limits.

I had a physics professor who I was chatting with tell me that he felt bad for the current students for that reason. Now it's expected that everyone has a google calendar that works as their personal drill Sargent; meaning those who care a lot about school can end up doing nothing but work all day because they have the means of forcing themselves.

Yeah, I think I would have failed without these resources. I can't even imagine what it was like before the Internet; the idea of not having access to information right at your fingertips is honestly frightening to me.

>unintentionally ignoring the lecturer
>refuses to explain later because "I already told you this"
>fuck this
>teach myself
>top 15 percentile in the whole country

forgot to add
>teacher is proud and thinks she did something

>Grammar nazi
>Bad grammar
Apparently you picked both.

Most internet information becomes useless past a certain level of education. All I ever use now is pirated textbooks and NCBI when I have to write lab reports.

AND EVERYONE CLAPPED

Nah. No one really gives me rep for doing that.

Not really. Watching Khan Academy is like reading the textbook. It teaches you how to do the steps, but if you don't understand what's happening, then you're fucked because you can't ask questions.

Hmm

the website tests are piss easy though, probably because they have to account for the billions of third worlders with low IQ. Other than that it's a decent channel.

And no one ever will because you can show literally nothing, you incompetent sperglord.

I'm making fun of you man. Stop being autistic.

hs student should just learn use of CAS, save 5 years of their lives and start learning advanced math early. And learning how to do root by hand/ how it actually works in university level, if theyre interested.

>those who care a lot about school can end up doing nothing but work all day because they have the means of forcing themselves
And this is a bad thing?