Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nocebo
youtube.com/watch?v=MbIe0iUtelQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ienp4J3pW7U
orionsarm.com/eg-article/464f1f591ffc1
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCollough_effect
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

[DATA EXPUNGED]

Yes, for example Lutheranism was considered a memetic hazard by the Catholic Church.

Yes, but ████████████████████████████ ███████████████████

Did you know that world-renowned writer Stephen King was once hit by a car? Just something to consider.

In the modern era where people forget everything after 15 minutes, you can be sure it's not an issue of concern.

>Do memetic hazards exist, Veeky Forums?

yeah boy, do they ever.

yes. A great example of this is wind turbine syndrome. People start feeling sick when they are near wind turbines when they encounter people who say they feel sick around wind turbines. Also electromagnetic hypersensitivity.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nocebo

Yes. Case in point: circumcision. For some reason, Americans have been slow in developing immunity against this meme. They even spread the meme to South Korea after the Korean War to the point that South Koreans today think that every man on the planet has been circumcised.

the basilisk™

Yes, and they must be contained in an underground bunker to prevent Helvetica.

Hey look at this cool sloth image I found!

That's a spooky one but also the least like to happen

underrated

Absolutely. Look at all conspiracy theorists. Some are actually otherwise intelligent. They make well-reasoned arguments using math, their error being subtle and not obvious at a glance. This convinces less knowledgeable people that the world is in fact flat.

they say the USSR collapsed because of meme poison

[spooky siren noise]

Wind turbine syndrome isn't entirely a nocebo. They do make irritating sounds, and cast flickering shadows that feel like a strobe light.
youtube.com/watch?v=MbIe0iUtelQ

This, samizdat was the viral carrier

this

> Implying Pascal would actually talk to internet "rationalist" if he were alive, let alone give them permission to reuse anything

[REDACTED]

you fell for the meme. I'm afraid it's too late for you.

Im highly convinced that the spread of idea cable modeled the same way as the spread of pathogens

Can be modeled*

youtube.com/watch?v=ienp4J3pW7U

orionsarm.com/eg-article/464f1f591ffc1

Dark dragons egg non suppression.
Light dragons egg suppression.
You have been identified, analysed, catalogued, and reconfigured.

They would be extremely painful

Yes, it's called /pol/

>memetic hazard

Is Lain a hazard?

No, Lain is love and we should all love Lain

Sneaky

Memes can either survive because they're useful and benefit their hosts or because they parasite off of the psychologies of their hosts. The latter memes are indeed dangerous and I'm beginning to believe more and more that the common man lacks the intelligence to be able to differentiate between the two.

Was the car a 1958 Plymouth Fury, or was it a 1953 Buick Roadmaster?

I've always been ashamed that this works on me.

(I advise against clicking this image)

Marxism/Communism

>I'm a Barbie girl, In a Barbie world...

Seriously though, going by the definition of Memetic hazard that google gave me, the closest thing that comes to mind would be a religion/cult

Definition is as follows:
A memetic hazard is defined as information with three main attributes. The first attribute is that it spreads from person to person, whether through personal contact or some form of recording. The second attribute is that this information causes some form of distress, whether as benign as mental stress to the individual or as dangerous as societal dysfunction. The third attribute is that it must cause preoccupation–that is to say, it maintains sufficient presence in the host’s mind that either a significant portion of his attention remains focused on it, or it plays a significant part in his decision-making process.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCollough_effect

fuck you ahah

By this logic, is yawning a cognitohazard?

Attached: image006000.jpg (500x500, 30K)

eesh

Yes. Trump was elected for president for a reason.

Meme hazard. Be aware guys, that the meme magic is real.

Attached: praise kek.jpg (680x805, 139K)

lol

's post is a perfect example of a meme hazard.

Attached: reply.jpg (720x540, 39K)

Splain.

> Do memetic hazards exist, Veeky Forums?

Yeah where the fuck have you been OP ? A good portion of the board have been actively trying to weaponizing them for years. By now they are rather good at it. After all we helped elect a President.

Attached: Bureau of Memetic Warfare 2018.webm (854x480, 874K)

Attached: immunity cat.jpg (500x860, 129K)

oh fuck

Harnessing Meme magic is like harnessing Nuclear Power

It's very Powerful, yet very dangerous when used in wrong ways.

Attached: kek.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

Fuck you

Yes.

Attached: 1518113541113.png (760x651, 549K)

>some dark shadowy figure with the mutt face was stretching super long spidery limbs around and someone said "dios mio"

Kek

But wouldn't the computer be afraid that if it wanted to threaten humans retroactively they wouldn't want to build it?

No because some cuck will build it anyway