Why Hertz suddenly transforms into seconds?

Why Hertz suddenly transforms into seconds?

Hz is defined as one over seconds, or s^-1 if you will. So since Hz is in the denominator, it's really 1/(s^-1) which flips the seconds to the top

Thanks! I think this is really retarded, it would be better if it was defined as c/s (cycles per second) or o/s (oscillations per second).
The formula would be more clear i think.

Think about how you want it defined, do the seconds appear in the numerator or denominator? So isn't it already defined like that? Obviously without the oscillations or whatever because it can be applied to any number of "things" per second.

Once upon a time it WAS cycles/second.
But they wanted to honor someone (as well as being shorter to type)

i think it would be better like this

But you've just added an extra step where you have to cancel the C's, trivial but still. As it stands right now its just the same thing but with out the C's.

the thing is that it is clear that 1 refers to a cycle now.

are you all high? 1 hertz is still 1 cycle per second
nothing changed

We are talking about the symbolic notation (which sadly changed), not what it means.

a cycle means it returns to where it started, there's no point in having a symbol for 'c' there since it doesn't mean anything
inverse seconds can only mean one thing, cycles per second
i don't see what's sad about getting rid of pointless notation

it's more clear, fuck hertz.

>inverse seconds
what does that even mean, it's not intuitive.

yes it is, when you divide a simple number by second there's only one thing that it can be, things happening (or cycles) per second, literally nothing else makes any sense

It's also less general: the "things" happening "per second" don't have to be cycles or oscillations, it could be anything.

>it could be anything

like what? what else could you ever confuse s^-1 for while working on a problem?

per seconds you fucking brainlet. It only doesn't make sense because you don't realize what inverse is doing to the property. If something is happening inverse meters, its happening for every 1 meter.

Literally anything, it could be the number of times your mom sucks my dick. She bobs up and down every second, so its currently one Hz. Sometimes after we've been going too long she slows down too .5 Hz, which means once every 2 seconds.

>Literally anything, it could be the number of times your mom sucks my dick. She bobs up and down every second

yes, that's still an oscillation, i don't see the problem really
you're just whining about nothing

>Hmm she oscillates on my cock

yeah we already know you're a virgin kiddo, no need to keep letting everyone know.

>projecting this much

>i've been found out!

>lost an argument, better resort to insults

>Literally anything, it could be the number of times your mom sucks my dick. She bobs up and down every second, so its currently one Hz. Sometimes after we've been going too long she slows down too .5 Hz, which means once every 2 seconds.
This actually explained the concept well, thanks user i hope my mother helps you more with that.

No.
Love hertz