Why does every sleeping position have drawbacks?

why does every sleeping position have drawbacks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8nHhdHm3wgo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because you're not sleeping in a sensory deprevation chamber like my boi affleck daredevil

>anything but sleeping on your back
Literally 0 drawbacks aside from mouthbreathing/snoring, which is fixed by just taping your mouth before sleeping.

because in the end we all die

>which is fixed by just taping your mouth before sleeping

what?

>mfw he hasn't taken the tapepill
youtu.be/8nHhdHm3wgo
Thank me later.

This doesn't seem very safe.

What exactly is unsafe about it? I really hope you don't think you can "kill yourself" by doing this. I'd imagine Veeky Forums would be smart enough to realize the worst that would happen is that you'd wake up.

>i'm too smart to remain alive

I sleep on my left side and it's comfy. I'm under the impression sleeping on your side was supposed to be ok.

Because obviously humans weren't meant to sleep.

Take the nosleep plil
It'll change yoar life

Because you lack imagination, faggot.

*pic related*

Imagine a bacta tank. In the dark. Soundproofed and sideways. That is next level sleep right there. Add a gentle rotation automation and bam. Now add cryonics and a v.r mask for reading. Boom. You don't sleep like a /madsci/ you won't be a /madsci/
You don't need a cold side to the pillow if you automate the flow. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

because we are marine mammals that are supposed to sleep in water

Wait t you get older, friend. It sucks.

If you vomited, you'd have some problems.

Enjoy your aspirated partially digested last meal.

Who the fuck vomits in their sleep? If you're prone to that then it should be obvious you shouldn't do it, for normal people taping is fine.

Obviously you're not an alcoholic

I almost kys myself once by vomiting after getting smashed, thankfully there was a bro in the room who held my head sideways so I don't suffocate

truly sad story, I wish I could go back in time and make sure you asphyxiated on your own vomit that one fateful night.

nothing would make my life brighter than knowing that your pointless existance had been snuffed out just then

you sound extremely frustrated my man, did the fact that I go out and have fun trigger your pathetic autistic "existance"?

Stomach sleeper master race

That's your fault then. It works fine for non-alcoholics.
Then don't fucking tape your mouth that day if you plan to get drunk, Jesus. It's ironic how Veeky Forums is the dumbest fucking board.

Non-Chinese detected. If your sleep position impacts your sleep quality it's not the position that's the problem, it's your shallow, pathetic striving to deep unconsciousness.

Take 2 magnesium oxide pills 10 minutes before you go to bed, you'll thank me later.

because people didn't evolve to sleep on soft surfaces

because for some (((reason))) people press their 3 dimensional bodies against a 2 dimensional surface
i have a 3 dimensional sleeping surface that fits my favorite sleeping positions
i carved it out of wood

Enjoy sleep paralysis faggot

I always wondered why Luke's space diaper needed a utility belt.

>he hasn't learned to control his sleep paralysis
>he hasn't learned how to directly turn it into a lucid dream
Only brainlets don't like sleep paralysis.

What's the drawback of sleeping on your side?

>He doesn't sleep suspended upside-down by his ankles

Lol. Enjoy cancer.

My nose is always clogging itself up, so I would end up waking up constantly. Not a very nice sleep.

Ive always wondered about this. We should be able to draw the line somewhere between rock and fluffy cloud beds

If you're vomiting in your sleep, then you're doing alcoholism wrong. Proper vomit protocol is a key part of hangover mitigation. You need to have a few tactical vomits while you're awake.

Ha-Ha jokes on you I have akathisia so I can't fucking lay in a single position for more than a couple minutes.

Lucky me I always thought it would go away so I'm totally used to it.
Definately could drive somebody insane though...

Be happy you sleep at all

My nose used to clog itself and I sleep fine. You need to force yourself to breath through the nose so it stops clogging.

I think I cut myself on that edge

holy shit how'd you get that or did you grow up with it

I get terrible phlegm going down my nose into my throat/chest

haha, jokes on you. I've been on a meth binge for like 6 years now and don't needtosleepatallfucker.

Google it.

This is the reason why I try to sleep on my side.
Yeah because controlling an overwhelming sense of fear, coupled with dark figures surrounding your bed and loss of ability to move or scream is sooo easy to control.

It's easy to control because it's just your fucking mind nigga
I was scared like the 3 first times it happened to me, then eventually I started shooting psyballs to these mental niggers and they stopped bothering me
All it takes is realizing the illusory nature of what you're experiencing, don't be scared of your own mind brah

Grew up with it. Never even noticed it till someone said I make alot of noise trying to go to sleep, then I realized how I am always constantly squirming trying to get comfortable even just standing in line.

It's really not as bad as it could be, by a long shot. And not fighting/paying attention it helps tons.
This is making my neck and eyeballs hurt OR MAYBE THAT'S JUST THE METH

For a couple of years I would jizz myself practically every night if I slept in any position other than on my back.
I have no idea why it started or why it ended. It was in my late 20s and it wasn't like I came out of or went into a relationship around those times (wizard), all I know is that on your back is the best position.

Sleep in your bath tub full of water. Zero strain.

W-what are the drawbacks of sleeping on your side?

Poor back posture.

having to change every 5 minutes because it's uncomfortwble otherwise

because there is no god

It fucks up shoulders.

dying

LADS
How that fuck do I avoid sleep paralysis? I'm assuming it's sleep paralysis. Once every 2 sleeps, as I'm just falling asleep it hits me. Never when I'm waking up, always as I'm falling asleep. I don't have hallucinations or anything, just as soon as I primitively realise I can't fucking move. My body and brain go crazy. I feel so strained and fearful. I always feel straining in my head in particular. I've been in this state so much that I know in the back of my mind that it'll fade given time, so it's not rationally scary, just instinctively scary. I've tried to just let sleep take me when I feel the paralysis coming on, but I can't control my bodies automatic reaction. It's worse that as I kid I had a fear of being trapped and enclosed instilled in me. It feels similar to when my older brother put me in a suitcase and zipped it up, then leaving me alone.

I try sleep on my back more often, do you think this contributes to it occurring? Apparently sleeping on harder surfaces, on your back, is better as it builds certain muscles in the right places. I did it once, though it took like 3hrs to fall asleep. Sleep paralysis didn't occur.

By 'harder surfaces' I meant that I slept on the floor next to my bed.

I used to when I was younger, but nowadays it makes my neck and chest hurt. Oh, to be young again.

Show pics

I don't know, what about hay, moss, hides and shit? We've probably had the capacity to make soft and warm beds in one way or another since prehistoric times.

It seems you realize what's happening as it's happening, so you're almost there. Try to breathe calmly, don't try to move, just let the fearful sensations rush over you and after a while, in my experience, you'll sort of snap through it.
Also maybe try lucid dreaming, it'll help you stay calm in these sort of situations.

has anyone done this? do you feel more rested? can you stop taping after you adapt to nose breathing during sleep?

>Yeah because controlling an overwhelming sense of fear, coupled with dark figures surrounding your bed and loss of ability to move or scream is sooo easy to control.
Perhaps it's easy for psychopaths. They lack fear, after all.

This. Unless you're a 14 year old girl or have severe PTSD, being scared of sleep paralasys makes me think you're a total pussy.

Man, you really are a brainlet. I used to actually struggle with sleep paralasys, but its literally just in your mind. Just meditate or just try your best not worrying. Its literally not a problem in any way ever.

you need to lift.
sleeping works a lot better when you have muscle
used to wake up with sleeping limbs or wake up to a charlie horse all the fucking time
started the SS meme
all of it stopped

Yo, I'm not him, I'm just throwing my 2 cents.

the fuck is a charlie horse

A horse owned by Charlie. Duh.

[spoiler]It's another name for a muscular spasm that usually happens in the legs.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I have no idea if spoilers work on Veeky Forums, BUT I'M GONNA FIND OUT[/spoiler]

This really dates you as a young person, and it ages me. A "charlie horse" is a name for a very unpleasant, painful sprain or something similar (I'll look it up after I've posted this). The phrase was in common use at least in mid-late 20th century America. It's been used at least once in one Simpsons episode IIRC.

I bet it's a white people phrase too. Maybe you're just hispanic or similar.

>Maybe you're just hispanic or similar.
Close enough, I'm dutch. I think we call that kind of shit "ijsbeentje" (ice leg) but I've never heard of people getting it in their sleep.

Find a flaw.

Attached: 1200px-Hammock11[1].jpg (1200x800, 414K)

This happens to me only when I fall asleep on my back.

mosquitoes.

No sleep position has drawbacks in zero-g.

i cant sleep on my back, I turn to my side every time before falling asleep and finally wake up on my stomach
I just get a very strong urge to flip on my side after a while for some reason, is that not normal?

>Obviously you're not an alcoholic

If you are an alcoholic, you never have a really resting sleep anyway. No point in "optimizing" your sleep as long as the digestion of alcohol destroys your sleep phases.

got about 3 hours of sleep today since i spent most of the night trying to find a good position

what fucking sleeping poition are you talking about. this isnt 1785, it's called medicine

arched back

lel