Online Degree

Should I do an online degree in math? I've been out of university for almost two years now. Making a good sixfigure income but want to study what I'm interested in now. I don't think I could go back to a university in person because of the Chads and Staceys.

Do what I'm doing:
>Get online math degree from a decent uni.
>After acquiring bachelor's, obtain a graduate degree from a physical campus.
t. recovering English brainlet.

>gets a useless degree
>tries to make up for it by getting another useless degree online

user, I...

>math is useless

>tries to make up for it by getting another useless degree online
The absolute STATE of mathfags

Why not CompSci?

Many can get a codemonkeys job with just a Online CompSci degree.

a lot of the times even a grad degree in math has similar job prospects to some undergrad degrees. it's not really worth it unless you absolutely love math

bachelors alone is useless unless you mix it with stats or cs, but even then going full on in one of those other options is probably better than the bachelors alone

I got my PhD and teach at uni with an online undergraduate degree. Universities don't give a shit about the quality of your undergraduate degree (especially if you enroll for you master's at the same college you attended as an online student).

>it's not really worth it unless you absolutely love math
I'm currently a high school English teacher: all I really want to do is teach math.

How is teaching high school?

I enjoy it: the pay is good and the kids don't hate me. Feeling pretty fulfilled for the most part, but I've always wanted to teach math (despite the fact that I graduated with an English degree). I never thought I could actually do math until I began self-study.

I have thought about compsci but I'm still more interested in math. I did 2 years of a math bsc before I changed direction into my current career so I'm half way done anyways.

What online universities are credible? The main ones I see in canada are thompson rivers and athabasca

user I'm pretty certain a maths degree looks excellent on a CV/resume when applying for any vaguely technical field.

Then if you just want to teach go for it, I just hope you weren't dumb enough to fall for Veeky Forums 300k starting memes.

>user I'm pretty certain a maths degree looks excellent on a CV/resume when applying for any vaguely technical field.
user, I...

>I just hope you weren't dumb enough to fall for Veeky Forums 300k starting memes.
It's all about the discipline, at this point.

Look at it this way, you're hiring a programmer and your candidates have a
>CS degree
>Maths degree and self-taught coding
>English degree and self-taught coding
>No degree and self-taught
Obviously the CS grad is ideal, but I know who the second best candidate is.

where did you get your online degree from?

University of Florida

>University of Florida
What made you choose there?

I'm a Florida resident (which dramatically lowers my tuition) and, from what I've gleaned online, UF has one of the best online Math undergraduate programs in the country.

>UF has one of the best online Math undergraduate programs in the country.
I don't see it listed on their website. Maybe they've discontinued it?

Nah that would hurt if anything, just learn to codemonkey on your own. It sounds better to an employer that you learned how to write software on your own, than it does to say you took some online university courses (and were dumb enough to pay for them).

It's been 5 years: idk. Take a look at University of Illinois Springfield while you're shopping around.

Fuck UF.

I know a guy who's about to graduate from UF.

He's escaping to the other side of the country after. Godspeed.