Who thinks the Copenhagen interpretation is being subsidized because people wouldn't go to work if there was provably...

who thinks the Copenhagen interpretation is being subsidized because people wouldn't go to work if there was provably no free will. additionally if the Schrodinger equation is an actual wave we have reached the limit of science in dividing the whole into smaller parts will not yield any useful ideas
de broglie bohm master race. non locality and determinism over probabilistic mental gymnastics any day

Attached: 16161.jpg (660x504, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tBA1MDmfkoY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nah, people don't function that way. The Copenhagen interpretation just seems to be the most straight forward interpretation that makes the least assumptions.

and nobody takes it seriously any longer.

Can you really have determinism without locality tho?

Since the debate about interpreting QM is long and well worn, nobody takes seriously anyone who talks about an interpretation with providing a testable way to distinguish it.

People went to work long before QM.
You think a bit of science (which most people still don't understand beyond popsci mumblings about "indeterminacy") is going to change their behavior?

Besides, if Free Will doesn't exist, then attitudes don't matter. If IT IS WRITTEN you're going to work, then you're going to work.

Attached: 1929 Einstein cartoon.jpg (513x543, 89K)

>no free will
define free will in the first place

lol I'd go to work if there wasn't free will. I'd do anything I wanted if there was no free will because I'd be doing what I was supposed to be doing anyway. Get it? I'm not saying the question isn't worth asking but it sure as fuck isn't worth basing any of your decisions on.

PS if there is no free will then the copenhagen interpretation is being subsidized because it has to and there's no other option.

If your position "there's no such thing as free will if determinism is true", then I fail to see how adding a bit of true-randomness can make free will. If that's your position, then there cannot be free will, almost by definition. If you want a coherent conception of free will, look up compatibilism and Dan Dennett.

PS: I still like the spontaneous collapse alternatives to conventional quamtum mechanics because of "feels" and "intuition".

Can someone elaborate this image to me, I don't understand it.

it looks like a "death of god" type commentary, where the people in cartoon are basically all suffering the effects of existential thought

It might be a reference to quantum theory, and the proposition that there are no definite states, and instead ultimate reality is described by the Schrodinger wave equation.

People have no free will hence why they do go to work out they live on the street. We are a collective like it or not.

We all have a role to play as a actor of sorts. Enjoy the game.

The free will stuff is a bit of a joke but i think copenhagen is much more popular because it doesnt say that since is limited it says reality is random, whereas de broglie bohm implicates the limit of deconstructionism in that you cannot achieve any progress by breaking apart reality because anything less than the whole is not accurate to a useful level
The same problem occurs with the big bang model deconstructionism only leads to the everything came from nothing and we cant know why which is the limit case of useless

pretty much, yes.

as soon as we go as far as talking about pilot waves, everything is not only much more complex, but also situated upon theoretical phenomena that are not measurable. copenhagen is the proper level of abstraction, whether it's strictly true or not, because it's congruent with the limits of our measurement.

the same idea holds across almost all fields of study. "first principles" must be at the right level of abstraction in order to get anywhere. if we brought physics into the study of economics, it would be far too complex. so instead, we start with the processes that align with feasible economic measurement, and treat it all as "true enough".

definitely causing mental health issues in some; putting the idea out there that you can literally create reality with your mind.
of course you are creating, but for some they go into magical-thinking mindset and believe they can directly influence events by mind power alone.

probability doesnt imply free will you brainlet

>people wouldn't go to work if there was provably no free will

(1) prove there is no free will
(2) people decide to spice up their routines

>de broglie bohm master race. non locality and determinism over probabilistic mental gymnastics any day
free will can still exist

free will can exist because [math]\dfrac{\pi}{2}\neq\Phi[/math]
>tookerism

Attached: Agreement.jpg (450x600, 183K)

I will never understand how someone could ever believe in anything over than MWI. Its like you and your ilk love mental gymnastics, or something.

F = T ∇ Sτ

What's wrong with spontaneous collapse?

Free will for what? the nature of human is contradictory to the core. We are machines made to solve problems - but also create problems, even where is no one left, only to improve or fuck ourselves.. or just to prove a point.

youtube.com/watch?v=tBA1MDmfkoY

there is no evidence to support collapse theories;
they inherently assert more about the world than the Everettian interpretation, without any evidence to back it up. QED, MWI wins because it makes the least number of assertions (and it also happens to player nicer with relativity).

> MWI wins because it makes the least number of assertions

Dunno. I'm sure you've heard the usual retort that postulating uncountable infinities of branching universes is not exactly clean, and it strikes me as rather the most extravagant excess in regard to Occam's razor. "Have a problem that you cannot solve? Just postulate that everything happens. Problem solved."

> they inherently assert more about the world than the Everettian interpretation, without any evidence to back it up.

What? The current evidence is just as consistent with conventional quantum mechanics as it is with various spontaneous collapse models. Neither is more supported by the evidence.

Bohmian and MWI are for silly billys

You still don't have free will in a copenhagenian probabilistic world, though.

>implying human physiology is even capable of understanding capital-t Truth

Mysterianism master race reporting in. You may as well get a bunch of Downs people to work on it.

hyperbrainlet detected
is your home

Attached: 1506099476321.png (645x729, 38K)

>people wouldn't go to work if there was provably no free will
Are you suggesting that people would CHOOSE to not go to work if there were no free will?

Really?

To me it seems like it pokes fun at einsteins implication that normal people even think about such things, by portraying working-class/common men literally in the process of accustoming themselves to the idea that the physical states of space itself are the final physical reality.
I might be completely off though.

>copenhagen is the proper level of abstraction, whether it's strictly true or not, because it's congruent with the limits of our measurement.
That's a good way of thinking about it, thanks.