Was it the most embarassing PR-stunt in history?

>cringey David Bowie music (Didn't even use the right song!)
>useless payload that didn't even go where they planned it to
>co-opted by flat-earthers and other conspiratards almost immediately
>didn't land the main booster, and won't even reuse the ones that didn't land
>fucked up the camera work
>pretended to not know about the status of the booster, even though they knew it failed
>lied about sending payload "to Mars orbit"
Will SpaceX ever recover from this?
youtube.com/watch?v=A0FZIwabctw

Attached: 6346544543253.png (901x609, 607K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2018/feb/07/tesla-quarterly-loss-elon-musk-spacex
youtube.com/watch?v=GxBRQXxBRic
youtube.com/watch?v=f4W5WjrQncs
youtu.be/aBr2kKAHN6M?t=898
youtu.be/aBr2kKAHN6M?t=12060
youtube.com/watch?v=_sUXKRL0iq8&t=12s
youtu.be/WfCgHDX917k?t=895
youtu.be/WfCgHDX917k?t=13512
youtu.be/WfCgHDX917k?t=10975
youtu.be/WfCgHDX917k?t=906
youtu.be/WfCgHDX917k?t=1682
youtu.be/WfCgHDX917k?t=3140
himawari8.nict.go.jp/
youtube.com/watch?v=yf_MtzWY6RY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

As someone ho watched this from Brevard county I can say I was impressed. Anti-musk shills need to calm down. Sometimes things are ok.

>Will SpaceX ever recover from this?
considering they never faltered in the first place, ya

>>cringey David Bowie music (Didn't even use the right song!)
I agree they used the wrong song, but then that song is also overused. Cringy though? You're a faggot.
>>useless payload that didn't even go where they planned it to
It went where they planned it to, further than the minimum they planned which is a good thing. Payloads on the first launch of a rocket are usually useless, dummy payloads because the rocket is new and more likely to fail.
>>co-opted by flat-earthers and other conspiratards almost immediately
Flattards are retarded, they will co-opt anything they can and all their issues with Starman are stupid. "why can't we see stars?" "where is the moon?" "why can we see so much of the earth when its at 177km?" (hint: its not at 177km)
>>didn't land the main booster, and won't even reuse the ones that didn't land
They learned something. They need more lighter fluid, something they can fix easily. None of the boosters were planned to be reflown because they are older Block 3/4 types. These boosters are being used to practice landing and learn what needs upgrading for Block 5 to create a properly reusable booster.
>>fucked up the camera work
Can't argue with that. Maybe they should hire some actual broadcasting personnel.
>>pretended to not know about the status of the booster, even though they knew it failed
They knew they lost contact with the booster, knowing what happened to it immediately is another story. Anything they said straight away could have been wrong and then people would still complain about changing the story.
The press conference where Musk clarified what happened to the booster took place not that long after the launch. There's no reason to act like they were trying to cover it up when he walked out an hour or so later and laid out the details in what happened to it.
>>lied about sending payload "to Mars orbit"
It's going to Mars orbit. You must be thinking of "to orbit Mars", which is a completely different thing.

Also, if that footage of the booster hitting the water next to the barge is the actual footage, that looks pretty sweet.

Go home Thunderf00t

/thread

Literally the next day:
>Tesla announce largest quarterly losses ever
theguardian.com/technology/2018/feb/07/tesla-quarterly-loss-elon-musk-spacex

Fucking lol.

To make matters worse it created dangerous orbital debris and poses great hazard to the search for life beyond Earth due to contamination risk.
I'm not american so I'm not sure how things are there, but I still wonder how the government allowed ridiculous stunt like that.
Not many countries in the world would tolerate such destructive behavior from a private company.

top-tier post

Attached: gchdknsth.gif (245x232, 472K)

>>>sending payload "to Mars orbit"
>It's going to Mars orbit. You must be thinking of "to orbit Mars", which is a completely different thing.

I'll confess ignorance and ask, "what's the difference?"

>never faltered

they were bankrupt and bailed out by the government multiple times, shill

"to Mars orbit" means its going out to the distance from the Sun where Mars orbits. "To orbit Mars" means it would actually be orbiting around Mars, which would require going to the close vicinity of the planet and then slowing down by using engines or aerocapture, something they were obviously never going to attempt on this launch.

Attached: 1024px-Tesla_Roadster_orbital_diagram.png (1024x945, 179K)

What happened to the live feed from the car? Did it poop out after a couple of days?

i think the battery died lol. more like they shut it down because it looked so fake

It was just using the normal data link on the F9 upper stage. Hardly suitable for long-term or beyond-Earth-orbit use.

battery only lasts 6 hours in S2, per elon in the post launch presser

>bailed out by the government

bailed out? they sold something to the goverment at 1/4 the price the goverment was getting it.

Actually spacex is funding the goverment

I like how BFTO the OP is after this post. Unfortunately, your post is tarnished because you are responding to obvious bait.

Attached: 1435423627692.gif (316x213, 1.9M)

Not quite. This is mostly from memory.
When SpaceX got the government contracts to develop for cargo and passenger transport to the ISS they were almost out of money.
They had tried launching the Falcon 1 three times and failed three times, successfully launched the fourth and got the contracts which allowed them to fund the Falcon 9.

But these were not bailouts, they were contracts. No different from the government awarding a construction contract to a private company. In this case some of the money is towards development, but that's being paid knowing that they'll save money thanks to the investment in the future.

Sometimes properly responding to obvious bait can stop the bait from being reposted.

guy who knows about marketing here
am sorry op but the spacex audience isnt a bunch of autists who post on this board
its normies and rich people
since they have the money to either spread that shit or buy it
stop being so entitled
if you want bad pr stunts look at mcdonalds reverse M

OATK could fulfill the resupply contract they in fact do. Half of it.
It was a bailout for spacex and fanboys can spin it however they like it won't change a thing.
It's a company propped up on tax money and PR.

Explain this autists.

Attached: muskcucks.jpg (1319x480, 104K)

The photo on the right is after the Earth escape burn, the photo on the left is somewhere close to the periapsis, due to how large Earth is compared to other points during the live stream.

So basically the car is on the other side of the planet, that's why the shadow is mirrored.

>left - Earth
>right - Moon
Your retarded.

NASA didn't want to rely on any single provider for supplying the space station. Also, SpaceX offers a service that no other provider currently does.
I'll let you figure out what that is if you can.

But autist, it's not mirrored is it?

>moon
No it's Mars you imbecile

Of course it is mirrored.

In the left photo the Sun would be towards the upper right and in the right photo the Sun would be towards the top left corner.
The car is on opposite sides of the planet, so the shadow is mirrored.

If you're talking about the "rotation" of the shadow then that is probably due to the Earth escape burn, which may have changed the eccentricity of the "orbit" and possibly an orientation change of the second stage (which would have changed orientation to do the burn and probably changed orientation specifically to take that leaving photo).

I'm failing to see how the rocket could have rotated the car like that.

Simple, with RCS thrusters.

Can you provide scientific proof that rockets work in a vacuum?

I checked the god damned orbiting tesla out - the busters had an entire orbit of the car without any cloud changes over/around austrailia

LOL - you just don't know nowadays - everything is so secret and scripted and managed - but yeah they got busted on cloudcover for the tesla - they could claim they were shooping cause of bad camera transmission or something but that "live feed" is bull fucking shit

been proven under glass bells vacuum
DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

youtube.com/watch?v=GxBRQXxBRic

Kek, it's pushing off the sides of the vacuum chamber, notice it doesn't move until the gas hits it.

yeah fuck a few solar panels and a cheap charge kit....
what a crock of shit
billions in taxes and that kind of flunky shit

>the busters had an entire orbit of the car without any cloud changes over/around austrailia
>i never looked closely but ill be damned if that stops me making claims that can be easily checked!

Attached: Live Views of Starman (1080p_30fps_H264-128kbit_AAC) 0001a.jpg (1920x2160, 709K)

>am sorry op but the spacex audience isnt a bunch of autists who post on this board
>its normies and rich people
boy are you mistaken

lol
2 pics, no link, nothing but BULLSHIT

Did you scientifically prove that or are you making an assumption?

Scientifically proven using observation.

backround glitch LOL
youtube.com/watch?v=f4W5WjrQncs

only the earth glitches not the car LOL

First pic youtu.be/aBr2kKAHN6M?t=898
Second pic youtu.be/aBr2kKAHN6M?t=12060

>filming your tv/monitor with a camera that will add more artifacts instead of using the video stream itself
Nice.

tsk tsk tsk

Attached: spacex bullshit as usual.png (1152x597, 1.32M)

That's caused by the earth's wobble

whats 8+ hours of video - you want me to watch 8 fucking hours with no clue what your point is ?
are you fucking braindead?

I linked you directly to the times of the same fucking video.
Are you braindead?

More like the camera's wobble, amirite.

you linked shit
tesla already got caught changing posted live vids with the dual boost lander issue

youtube.com/watch?v=_sUXKRL0iq8&t=12s

LOL ur fucked 3 orbits, 3rd with blurred clouds.. LOL

Luckily at least one person mirrored the stream before SpaceX edited out about half an hour of darkness while it was in Earth's shadow.

First pic youtu.be/WfCgHDX917k?t=895
Second pic youtu.be/WfCgHDX917k?t=13512

Bonus third pic where you might be able to see more differences in the cloud formations
youtu.be/WfCgHDX917k?t=10975

lmao whatever all exactly the same

>i am legally blind. i see no difference

they are all exactly the same

lol Elon QUOTE "it looks fake"

Attached: spacex 3 orbits same clouds.png (1917x1149, 2.71M)

>guy is literally finding shapes in the clouds
Oh man, you guys

>he thinks that each revolution of the car/stage is an orbit
I wasn't prepared for that. Those three images are within 40 minutes of each other in the stream.

youtu.be/WfCgHDX917k?t=906
youtu.be/WfCgHDX917k?t=1682
youtu.be/WfCgHDX917k?t=3140

wrong again, and further apart means even more cloud movement and you merely reposted the static clouds
LOL

why such shit arguments ? LOL WHY ARE YOUR CLOUD PICS 100% IDENTICAL ?
OH YEAH NOW CLOUDS DON'T MOVE

FUCK A 15 MIN LOOP ON GOV RADAR PROVES THAT SHIT ENTIRELY WRONG

thanks you totally proved the fraud now LOL
holy fuck!
LOL

Attached: spacex fraud everywhere.png (1534x862, 902K)

MASSIVE RED STUDIO LIGHT FLARE UP
HAHAHAHAH

Attached: SPACEX STUDIOLIGHT OUT OF CONTROL.png (1642x903, 1.36M)

yep it's pathetic Elon even said it was fake - man they musta really got hammered hard and fast

Attached: SPACEX FRAUDX.png (1920x1200, 1.88M)

himawari8.nict.go.jp/
Top right, set timezone to JST.
On the date select February 7th (launch was 7th Japan time)
Go to 7am. That is around the time of the first image at youtu.be/WfCgHDX917k?t=906
The second image in the sequence at youtu.be/WfCgHDX917k?t=1682 is almost 13 minutes later but you only get 10 minute intervals with Himawari 8 so compare between 7:10 and 7:20.
The third image in the sequence is youtu.be/WfCgHDX917k?t=3140 and a bit over 24 minutes after the second image, together 37 minutes after the first image. Go to 7:40 and compare.

I'll just wait for you to deny deny deny again.

The whole idea of space itself is a PR-stunt.

oh my gawd so many things
"it's so fake so you know it must be real"
LMAO!
WORSE THAN MOON LANDING ROVER VIDEOS 45 YEARS LATER !

Attached: spacex reflections of black sapce lol.png (1913x1075, 2.2M)

how about some waffles for breakfast bro ?

Attached: SPACEX CAMERA WAFFLES.png (1909x1107, 3.39M)

the land disappeared so no more humans to receive the signal

Attached: spacex earth is ocean !.png (1909x1079, 2.54M)

wtf? so this was fake

No. Just people have no idea about anything.
"Background glitch" is probably just encoding artifact, the car isn't moving in the frame but the Earth is which means that encoder can accurately predict where the car will be in every interframe but it can't the Earth.
The red smudge is probably a reflection flare off the dash or somewhere, which has red highlights.

And the claims about not being able to see land is just people not grasping how big the Pacific ocean is, and how small most of the islands on it are.

what are they going to claim that red flare up was ?
I mean what the hell - there's just too many problems
I think when I was watching the livestream some announcer said "now there's the venus flare up the red planet ..." LOL
No I think I made that up ...

this is a fucking lens flare from the sun you moron

wow you're just full of bullshit - get a globe and show that no land view to yourself you dumb fucking liar !

LMAO YEAH SURE A RED ONE WITH A GODDAMNED GLOBE THERE BEFORE IT
ITS A RED STUDIO LIGHT

shouldn't the dummy's arms be flailing around since there's no gravity keeping them down on the car?

TESLA CAR, NvIDIA GTX TESLA VIDEOCARD !
NVIDIA DUPLICATES MOON FOOTAGE ! YEARS AGO !

Attached: TESLA NVIDIA STUDIOWORKS.png (1915x1183, 1.13M)

Color of objects is literally just the reflected wavelengths.
Sun reflects off something red and casts red light towards you, you see a red object.
Sun reflects off something red and reflects it onto the lens, you see red light.

It'll take me a couple of days to get my hands on a globe of suitable size. Can you wait?

What if they just velcroed his arms to the wheel/door?

did they? i honestly don't know

That's what they used for the cloud cover dumbo

I honestly don't know either.
It's possible they could just lock the dummy's position so it wouldn't move.

>its fake because the clouds dont move (enough)!
>its fake and they used the cloud data from himawari-8!

The clouds don't move dynamically enough with Himawari either dumbo

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know I was talking to God.

You goin' to hell now boy

youtube.com/watch?v=yf_MtzWY6RY

> created dangerous orbital debris
You mean on top of the junkyard that's already up there?

In case anyone needed any proof that it's all fake and CGI

>Sometimes properly responding to obvious bait can stop the bait from being reposted.
I remember when I was new.

Clouds don't change that fast dumbass.

Missed that in the livestream

Yes they do dumbass, they're certainly not static.

Yeah but Starman is moving away from Earth fast from the burn at like 11k kms. It takes a few hours for the clouds to noticeably change.

No he's not kid, Starman is in a studio.

It's an internal reflection of sunlight hitting the lens at an extreme angle, shortly before the Sun rotates into view as the vehicle spins around.

Got my telescope out last night and pointed it at Mars to shut you fucking trolls up who can't accept reality. Right on cue, Starman is there clear as day. /thread

Attached: elon-musk-demonstrat-13_800x0w[1].jpg (800x450, 17K)

>getting this angery

Attached: angery.webm (640x360, 548K)

Clouds can change at arbitrary speeds. It depends on things like, time of day, wind, temperature, high altitude vs low altitude conditions and so on.
Those two images are three to three and a half hours apart, you can go to and check what the cloud patterns were like all the way from 7am to 10am if you want.

It's really hilarious how asshurt based Elon has caused many autists on Veeky Forums to be. He keeps proving you retards wrong over and over again and you still get upset.

Brainlets like you should avoid posting on Veeky Forums.

Attached: 1513044971406.png (556x466, 17K)