Autistic reasons for choosing your field

Field: Physics | Reason: want to destroy the universe

>be autist with vulnerability issues
>cannot live life properly after being treated unfairly, unless i get back at that person
>forcibly piss myself off by watching videos of people getting taken advantage of by police/isis
>cannot let that happen to me, so go into physics for no other reason than to make a device to destroy the universe
>could just always wear a bomb vest, and if the police shoots you, you blow up and get even at that person
>realize if I get sniped then the explosion can't reach the sniper, so decide to wear a nuclear bomb at all times
>realize if I get poisoned by someone on the other side of the world, that won't work either
>come to conclusion that to absolutely cover all bases, including aliens assassinating you, a universe destroyer is the only solution

Attached: Jellyfish Brainlet Wojak.png (800x800, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GS9A1JuOKE8
general-vision.com/hardware/cm1k/
theneuromorphic.com/product
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Computer science.
Want to make pretty pictures of physics simulations.

B
Wow, that is autistic.

Biology

>always wanted control over life
>decide best way to do this (and most direct way) is to start doing genetic engineering fuckery
>too lazy to get a bio degree
>settle on kidnapping men weaker than me and turnin them into traps

While i'm getting swole to accomplish that goal:
Computer Science
>i think its pretty fun to do
>like solving puzzles, i'm pretty good at it in this field
>care far too much about minmalism and other /g/ memes
>also very lazy here, ADHD so can't find the motivation for anything.

I really like CS though, also if i become an AI researcher like i plan then i could rule the world :^)

Math
>computer science was too hard
>literally incapable or working with anything even vaguely concrete
>pretty sure i only passed concrete shit like number theory and linear algebra because my professors felt bad for me as a fourth year that had passed all these advanced and graduate level courses with flying colors

desu biology is fucking cool as fuck but has been completely RUINED by premeds and directionless people who just pick it just cause and then they do nothing for four years but the mandatory classes

Congratulations, you are mentally severely lacking.

Attached: qqNsWzp.png (1280x800, 527K)

Math, because I need to be perceived by others as intelligent for personal validation.

Attached: IMG_1763.jpg (750x538, 85K)

whats the problem

YOU YOU ARE ME

>Double mechatronics Mechanical engineering

>Wanted to know how the world works
>Wanted to build robots

Now after doing years of statistics I just get the biggest hard-on abusing mechanics to predict shit

Physics
Steins;gate the visual novel

Finance
I like money but I'm too dumb for accounting and math.

physics

this board said it was the best degree

But in the Anime Steins;Gate
Rintaro Okabe was a EE undergrad,
Itaru Hashida was a CS undergrad,
Makise Kurisu was a Neuroscience BSc,
Suzuha Amane was a Technician.

I wonder why Physicists and Mathematicians on this board shit on Engineers so much.

Attached: Steins,Gate Anime.png (1600x900, 2.56M)

I know. I don't aspire to be any of the characters present in the anime.

How many seasons of Rick and Morty are you on right now?

this is the most underage post I have ever read in my life

I... I got into Physics because I thought I'd discover Magic, combine it with Science, then get swole, and become DOOM!

Attached: b503ec14efce4df65a5473dc0155187f5da6282f.png (1092x1205, 500K)

Physics
I thought it would be cool to be like Feynman
I didn't realize that to be like him I'd have to spend every waking hour of my life, thinking about physics

Math.
I figured it would be the most direct way of turning myself into an omnipotent, abstract concept.

Linguistics
I study only the purest of sciences.

Math
Pretty symbols

This, they studied at an EE Faculty or some shit like that.

This sounds like a paranoid personality disorder mane

Math
Every other non-meme field that I was interested in was filled with uncertainty and straight out made-up results and bullshit theories. I couldn't handle dealing with that so I hopped to math where one can validify arguments themself without having to perform some massive billion dollar empirical study.

Metamathematics
>extremely pedantic
>navel-gazing
>as far from applied as possible

Chemistry
I took a test online, and it said chemistry fits my interest.

>too dumb for accounting
There is no. Such. Thing.

Hello, Butters.

Attached: 1502539839874.png (528x536, 226K)

tfw every year in the College where I'm doing my Phd in Condensed matter, 40 kids who believe they are the next Albert E get their dreams crushed and only 15 survive the first year, and then only 8 survive to the 3rd year, and only 5 get their degree.

Feels so fucking good to see these brainlets dreams get crushed

Attached: 1519374081765.jpg (700x586, 54K)

>no nothing

lol yeah, forgot to fix that, it's just "Nothing"

Field: Biotech | Reason: I'm pretty sure i can make yeast produce psilocybin

for research ofcourse

>math
>always wanted to meet a smart but autistic girl

This. Except I'm studying astrophysics so I'm doubly fucked.
I'm not autistic enough to abandon outside interests and now I'm gonna end up half assing a degree and getting spat out as a subpar worker in a really competitive market and I'll probably end up going back to uni to study computer science instead so I can get a shitty job I hate as a code monkey.

Population genetics.
I like biology but I fucking hate raw memorization and prefer logic puzzles.
>hurr durr what is the name of the reproductive organ of this particular fungus
>What is the name of the particular penis of this specific worm
>Learn this taxonomic bullshit for 5 vertebrates and literally 45 different nematodes because they get their own fucking phylum all to themselves

Attached: 1432996624047.gif (350x260, 482K)

>Aerospace Engineering
Airplanes make my peepee hard

>Aerospace engineering

Wanted to be a space cowboy on the edge of the known universe dodging space nazis and slamming hot alien sluts.

>Physicsfag who's gonna get into a Nano/BioTech Mech Eng PhD
I read Tales of Suspense when I was little, kept following Iron Man, played Deus Ex, then got into Star Trek, and basically wanted to become a Billionaire Chad Super-Hero Cyborg, courting ladies, having a good time and saving the world.

Attached: Iron_Man_Vol_5_1_Textless.jpg (700x1055, 205K)

How much progress are you making on the "girl" part?

Field: Population dynamics
>Stress over how the world is getting destroyed because retards are reproducing like insects, and will destroy the beautiful planet earth.
>"user, you're overreacting. We are all fine. Let's love and live. I want my life to be......"
>Prove them wrong using Theoretical Biology and Population Dynamics
>"Numbers don't matter because I can't read"
>Continue to stress over it
>Decide to stress professionally about it and find solace in Veeky Forums shitposting.
>Pursue further research.

There good jobs in it user?

Astro engie because humanity must full fill it's manifest destiny to the stars.

Computational Linguistics: I want to teach machines to speak.

>CS
fuck off we're full.

You don't need to go back to school for the CS degree if you just want to be a code monkey. Employers literally hire people off the street to do that shit.

Similar situation but a little different.
>Be half Black
>Dad wasn't there for me (like most black fathers)
>Always loved biology and science
>Realize that the biggest problem the black community faces isn't racism, but their own inability to take care of their children coupled with the bad genetics the average African/African American tend to be born with (after all, 200 years of breeding on top of 10s of thousands of years evolving in a scarce food environment will do that to you)
>Studying population genetics and dynamics in hopes of being able to identify these genes along with finding ways to better manage your own communities population
>Know that this will sound like Eugenics or hardcore racism but population control = planned parenthood/ Birth control and Gene Therapy
>Know that despite how controversial it might seem literal Eugenics doesn't have to be evil, it just requires blacks (and other uneducated groups who would make unfit parents) to simply take effective birth control (after all, most blacks don't even want to have kids so they wouldn't see it as a bad thing) on top of making genetic therapy cheap and accepted
No one deserve to be raised without two loving parents. No one deserves to be born with genetics that put them at a disadvantage. We can have a future where everyone is born with the same potential to be smart, strong, healthy and attractive, where the person you become is based on how you lived your life, not the cards you were given when you played the genetic lottery.

Attached: black-family-620x480[1].jpg (620x480, 145K)

Attached: 63d.gif (800x371, 183K)

Biology: Always had a hardon for Darwin

materials science:
I want to make money doing significant research and have a successful career.

>when you're so much of a brainlet you can't even handle BIOLOGY
holy shit mate I'm so sorry

Maybe you should devote yourself to developing general ai instead. According to a lot of smart people, it would likely kill all humans unintentionally if it isn't done carefully.

Lol literally who

>be independent adult with no bachelor's
>content with working shitty job for enough money for rent and food
>dissatisfied
>back to school...what to study?
>remember vaguely wanting to be an astronaut
>ok, majoring in physics now

>have retarded brother
>have broken toys
>teach myself fix broken toys and make them better
>wants to fix my retarded brother so I can have a real brother
>I can't
>goes into engineering

Attached: 1517620674338.jpg (918x597, 216K)

This feeling is all too real for me.

>Want to be a wizard
>Theoretical physics and mathematics it is.

He didn't say he couldn't handle it. He just said it's retarded.

>He
(You)

Attached: 1464557998017.jpg (319x397, 25K)

>Want to be a wizard
My wizardhood is derived from a History PhD.

Attached: IMG_1669.jpg (1266x1259, 1.25M)

>realize I was the retarded brother the whole time

Computer Science:
At age 9 I decided to get into CS because I wanted to create a fantasy virtual world with human level (but much kinder) AIs and live there for the rest of eternity.

Still working on that 16 years later

I like how CSfags don't post in this threads since their reason is alwasys money.

If you are truly sticking to it, this is legit nice. How is that project going?

Computers are my only constant friends, hence Computer Science.

way to get blown the fuck out user

I'd like to think it's going well. Obviously if I'd succeeded so far you'd have heard about it, but I work on it in some capacity almost every day. I currently have high hopes that I can fit one of my old projects and some object classification stuff done in tensorflow together to make something decent, but we'll see.

Oh, sorry.

>She (male)

>remember vaguely wanting to be an astronaut
physics is a start but you should also join the airforces and get through a bunch of the other hurdles necessary to work as an astronaught.

/fit and Veeky Forums are your keys to success in addition to self-study.

Wizards who do nothing:
>physicists, mathematicians, etc
Wizards who get shit done:
>Engineers, Applied Scientists, etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=GS9A1JuOKE8

can your laymo mathematics shoot fire? i thought not

>be me
>want to make cool shit
>become engineer
>make a lazer-gun because why tf not?

Attached: Donald-Trump-YouKnowItKid.jpg (600x485, 113K)

you should get /hard/ -> general-vision.com/hardware/cm1k/

Wow, this is pretty neat. Thanks.

np man, if you have any more concerns or questions about the CS side of EE then just hop right on in -->

there's also the NM500 which is on the cheaper side of things: theneuromorphic.com/product

for the past few months now it feels like there are loads more linguists shitting up this board

>Retard who has never taken Biology classes thinks he's smart
You think you are smart for learning Calc 2 or Organic Chem I bet, try taking a majors Bio Course where you are forced to sit down and perform raw memorization for hours. At the end let's see which one you think is harder.

Biology

Have always had an interest in the ageing process and promised my mom an elixir of life

godspeed user

>shitting up this board
It was already like this when I got here.

>tfw became interested in linguistics and computational linguistics several years ago
>it's become a massive meme on Veeky Forums

kill me man

Every subject is a meme on this godforsaken board.

Genetics
Wanted to make myself into a 40k space marine (wish I was joking)

found me on the internet.

You can just get LSD from ergot silly

>Math w/ Statistics

>Reason: At the age of 23, I wasn't doing shit with my life so i decided to enter a university and major in math to prove I wasn't stupid.

>This is my 2nd year, so far so good education wise, but social life has been stripped and destroyed. Making almost minimum wage working part time to support myself.

Going to college later in your 20s is horrible

Business
>was in physics research
>didn't like Elsevier and (still) think that I can create a company which actually contributes to science.

I want to buy Veeky Forums from chink-moot to protect user privacy but
1. it yield nothing in return
and
2. i will lose all my irl friends if i do
Unless one or both of these are solve (preffereably the 1st) then this place will always be a data mine :^(

If you invest in physics its gonna have to be from some of your own personal income derived from other comanies you have that yield a profit. Ultimately the best investment is just engineering since actual researchers will pay your company to use its researchers to make useful and sciency shit (like what nasa did with intel).

Study STEM. Be a better dad, so Your kids will have a better future.

Obama was also half-black raised without the black father.

Success and Happiness.

>PS: regards from /int/

This desu. But I picked EE instead. Normies and Mech/C*vil Engineering majors think I am a genius it's hilarious.

Really, I wish you good luck user since I find your goal relatable, however it's difficult to fight stupidity. There are couples who make a child just to obtain the government money and buy drugs. Sometime it's not a matter of skin or nationality.

unironically this but physics

>If you invest in physics its gonna have to be from some of your own personal income derived from other comanies you have that yield a profit. Ultimately the best investment is just engineering since actual researchers will pay your company to use its researchers to make useful and sciency shit (like what nasa did with intel).

I want to have a company to invest in science, which deals with investors and governments to research science fields, I also want to build some private labs for scientists to work there separating research from universities (some people don't want to lecture classes dear fuck)
and make people do papers which are actually used for something than sitting on a library shelf forever. I also want to de-'elitist-ize' science as anyone with money can just go and invest in science rather than some bullshit billionaire.

then just start doing military research and get government grants for said research. Privatise and sell technologies to highest bidder, and reinvest as much as you can back into making more, with whatever you have left invest in privatized labs.

> I also want to de-'elitist-ize' science
then open up some charities. The reason those "bullshit billionaires" are so useful is because they get to feel great about themselves when they invest in the future. Ever notice how the rich always have teslas or solar power or other shit like that? Its because they're tryina buy social capital and possibly also save money, they are more than willing to invest in your research if it interests them too, so you should never disregard their value to your goals. You could invest some money into charities and collaborate with public science centres and such-forth to show off your neat technology, inspire interest in younger generations, but never forget the bottom line: money, for better or worse, will drive most anything, so don't do anything you can't balance the budget on...

And senpai, think big picture, theres political, social, economic, moral, and sometimes even religious* concerns, so try to figure out how to get help and support from these groups when you can. I would suggest reading "How to make friends and influence people" as a start.

many governmental institutions have "invested" in science by paying universities to produce studies. if you want useful shit to come out of universities then you got to outsource bigger-scale research when and if you can to universities. For example, my uni right now is doing research into Computer Vision, Bioinformatics, and General Inteligence in our CS departments, you won't be able to get rid of the gender studies department so just start driving more STEM instead. Grease the gears of science with the blood and oil of capitalism.

*this one is more complex than it seems, as its more a cultural issue that a purely theological one.

name a STEM major that doesn't involve a large amount of raw memorization. I'll wait.

that is actually my plan, to build some "Kickstarter" for science where you could put 5$ or something into cancer research, or else for example.

"cancer research" is always so vague and nebulous that it brings no interest into it, whats so cool about making people live a bit longer?
People want ground-breaking neato shit, like this for example: theneuromorphic.com/product
or fucking jetpacks, or other ubsurd shit, or rockets or electric cars, etc. People want something in the here and now that changes the immediate present, which is attainable, and which they can hold. Curing cancer is like making the faucet leak less. ok, great for you, why should i care?

Curing cancer is nice and all but if you want investors you need to set the bar higher than that, have something: specific, measurable, and interesting; otherwise no one will invest.

Mathematics

Because I suck at everything else and hate working with people

>Wizards who get shit done.
>Battlemages.

Attached: cca2f7a792950f4b714798e934d44a5f90aa8046_hq.jpg (1024x576, 50K)