How do I live forever? I don't want to die

How do I live forever? I don't want to die...

Attached: 1512770322609.jpg (2290x1014, 337K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/ftSbffu
discord.gg/DDpUqJh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You probably won't. If you're wealthy enough you might be able to afford life extension therapy which will probably buy you a few decades.

I don't wanna die, I'm a God why can't I live on?
When the life giver dies, all around is laid waste.
And in my last hour I'm a slave to the power of death.

Christ saves

There is life after your physical death

Pray that anti-aging, AGI or cryonics are perfected within the next few decades. Otherwise you are fucked.

get into rejuvenation field and make immortality treatments come true faget

Either find a way to rejuvenate your body or have it replaced. Being a mad doctor with dedicated friends (also mad) is a good option.

Have a team that can grow a brain-dead clone of you in case you need body parts or a full brain(or head) transplant. Brain transplant is where your brain is transplanted into a brand new fresh body. You'll need decent nano tech that can stitch together small parts like arteries, veins, fine tissue...etc.

Blood rejuvenation is an alternative to body and organ replacement. Some rich people are currently using young donor blood to age slower. Can you imagine the ramnifications if one can generate synthetic blood that can rejuvenate every part of the body?

Attached: 635d89068210c5ccfa221822ab678f9a.png (256x256, 15K)

Wait for DIY dna modification CRISPR kit version 2.0 to come out. Don't be the idiot to risk your life on version 1.0.

Attached: SXSWAdEdit__30029.1487704062.1280.1280.jpg (1024x594, 715K)

accelerate yourself to as close to c as possible

>Being a mad doctor with dedicated friends (also mad) is a good option.

Are you absolutely sure about that?

Try to break through on dmt. Hopefully you'll live the life of an ancient Mayan, from birth to death. Then you can see if you still don't wanna die.

>get frozen
>die
>body gets unfrozen and resuscitated
>some new guy with the same memories as you wakes up
Sounds great.

>implying you won’t
You’ll only be dead from outside perspectives, user.

Attached: 56091A12-A0EE-4381-9238-6086F4A63080.jpg (892x660, 447K)

>my illusion of self is transcendental
For all intents and purposes it is still you. That your stream of consciousness is temporarily paused makes 0 difference.

Create something that will stand the test of time and you will be immortal.

>paused
lmao

>2018
>not welcoming death and tricking him for infinite life

Max brainlet

"This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ." - John 17:3

Attached: 1494592216748.jpg (1920x1080, 350K)

I have bad news for you friend you can't escape death someday universe will shrink and destroy everything

What if dying weren't forever, would you be okay with it then?

I want the exact opposite. You figure out a way to trade, and I'll be waiting

Patience
Grace
Breathing
Proper diet
Willpower

You already live forever thou your existence do not starts when you born and not cease when you die.

Why being trapd into these selfish machine that nastily limits the awareness of your own existence just because it have no better thing to do?

Become the infinitum, embrace-the-void.

Attached: a0183157882_10.jpg (1200x1200, 382K)

build a legacy

Be remembered

You are already dying. You have to stop it.
1.5 million cells per second.
How do you save them all?~

>go to bed
>dreamless sleep
>new guy with all my memories wakes up

you really are a brainlet.

Since when is 20 years ~ forever?

>you really are a brainlet.
how can you know that something with your memories is really you..

you will die and another thing will pick your place. but not you.

Just B urself

>New guy.

The average human at 70 kilograms world wide, loses on average 1.5 million cells per second.

70 kilograms according to some sources has been estimated to contain 13 trillion cells of various types, including marrow and cartilage.

Dividing 13 trillion into 1.5 million gives us
10666666.666667 seconds to fully cycle out every cell in one full rotation.

To become a completely new you it takes approximately 4.05884892586837687 Months or, 4 months and about a day. Try harder.

Brainlet.

I can know because it happens regularly, every single moment the atomic arrangement of your nervous system changes but consciousness is continuous so it must be able to bridge the gaps. Think of this experiment- you fall asleep in a dreamless sleep, and someone scans your brain, creates an exact copy of it, and puts it in a body next to yours. As long as the two brains are receiving the same signals from the outside world they are the same. If you suddenly killed the clone then woke yourself up, you would wake up in your open body. if you killed the original self than woke the clone, you would experience waking up in the clone's body without a hitch. The key is the dreamless sleep, which in the op's example would be provided by the cryo

This doesn't take into account the cells being preserved in memory or the passing of memory to newer long lived cells within the brain. So it could be even longer than that.

Best advice in thread

I have never ever read something so retarded

So what would happen if both were to wake up in your little thought experiment brainlet. Identical neural mapping does not equal shared consciousness

If the universe doesn't end maybe you will be reborn.

drink mercury and then proceed to unite the american continent

Only option of living forever is as follows:
1.Body is useless, ditch it and replace with mechanics or man grown/produced biological substitute.
2.Even without that pesky feeble body your mind will eventually degrade too, myelin sheathing will erode, whole nerves will die. So entire brain must be replaced with identical parts. Must be done piece be piece while you’re awake so as to retain original consciousness.
3. Figure out how the fuck to do step 3 because it won’t happen for millennia until we have massively advanced the field of nanotechnology and producing biological substitutes.
4.die a sad faget born 2 millennia too soon

Not the guy you're responding to but I just felt like I had to say you're a retard.

If both of them wake up then they cannot have the same stimulus because, as you apparently haven't realized, two atoms cannot occupy the same space at the same time, let alone an entire body. Fucking brainlet.

Fine, assume they awake in identical environments with identical stimulus. Or is that simple step in thought beyond your brainlet capabilities.

What then? Is your consciousness split between two minds/bodies? And then think of the implications of that and the massive and numerous contradictions it would imply about consciousness.

Try to understand this.

It is literally impossible for two identical stimulus' to affected two bodies at the same time.

Now I can’t tell if you’re trolling or actually this retarded.

If you’re conceding in this thought experiment that it’s possible to have an exact copy of someone’s neural network replicated in a new body. How can you not concede that those two bodies in two separate but identical rooms can experience identical stimulus at the same time.

Really hoping you’re just trolling or aren’t picturing this properly.

>diy
>uses all proprietary equipment (except that bottle)

>How do I live forever?
get into neuroprosthetics or fund the research

I never made the claim that you can perfectly copy someone's neural network because you can't. It's literally impossible. Any amount of thought will disprove it because simply by virute of the two bodies not occupying the same space you are introducing differing variables. For one, the gravitational field fluctuations will differ depending on the location of the bodies which will have some affect on the body at least.

That’s my exact point, I was following the retarded logic the original user had in his thought experiment. In his scenario it would be possible for stimulus to be identical as well (down to a single quark, however impossible that actually is), which would lead to two minds sharing a single consciousness.

My whole point was his example was retarded and didn’t prove anything because of the intellectual inconsistencies.

you have to become slower and slower,
physically you have to die, but each real second has to feel like a longer and longer time.

>How do I live forever?

You can't.

The elite are killing off all of the smart people to maintain their deception based control over humanity...

And thus, we will literally never achieve immortality.

"Silly fool, you can't upload your consciousness into another form!"

Except that is totally what our brain cells do when they die. They pass the information of what they were along to younger, healthier cells.

We are nothing but an automated electromagnetic wave chronicle.
An E-book.
Ergo, passing the brain to another medium while still alive is exactly what we can do.

Not only that but our alternatives include carbon DNA all the way to silicone and gallium to *Upload* to.

Attached: PraiseTheOmnissiah.jpg (250x200, 13K)

it's easier to control immortals, they'll never risk dying.

>it's easier to control immortals, they'll never risk dying.

Who told you that?

Just read some Kierkegaard and watch anime while doing research mein freund. Life is FeelsGoodMan.

Attached: 508D7BDA-C7A0-4C32-937F-5DA9F847FFBD.jpg (828x1070, 319K)

you believe it's not a sensible conclusion?

Attached: 1519339441918.jpg (1920x796, 547K)

>you believe it's not a sensible conclusion?

You saying that making people immortal would make them.....

better slaves?

They would do this action based on fear.
Then they would feel powerful enough to proceed to do the next step.
Sometimes vengeance.
Sometimes just continuing to live in fear.
Other times to achieve some larger than life goal.

>They would do this action based on fear.

So, you're saying that you will keep people alive indefinitely, because you believe the threat of death is somehow worse when they are immortal, as opposed to mortal?

No.

still sounds like a stupid argument, desu.

It will be hilarious when a fleet of eternal space warriors obliterate you because they had thousands of years to plot their revenge for being called stupid. Oh wait, you will be dead. Truly satisfying to outlive your opponents and watch them fumble around pointlessly. Kek.

But, they will be slaves.

They won't get to take revenge unless they are ordered to.

Depends, they may take up eternal life due to fear but they may not be motivated by it once it is attained. Sometimes, hate is so strong it can make you a real monster. Perhaps their fear was not that of death, but fear of getting their point across. Hatred beyond that of a single lifetime.

Fear of *not* getting their point across.

>get knocked out by a soccer ball
>some new guy with the same memories as you wakes up
whoah

Attached: 1507028770092.png (249x250, 144K)

I'd watch that book

Diablo 3's Zultan Kulle said it best:
Some might say that animating a constructed body with preserved memories is not truly coming back to life. But I say those fools do not understand the sheer wonder of being Zultan Kulle!

You have to go back

Where should i make the research ?

But you already missing 13 billion years

I bet after 400 years of "immortality" you will be craving for death

But you always have the option of killing yourself by non-natural means

you could waste your life figuring it out

>implying we are going do die
Soon quantum computers will decipher the molecules of life, we are going to live forever pal.
Imagine endless shitposting, isn't it wonderful?

haahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahahahahaha

i hate the both outcomes, and i try not to think about it, but fuck it, you made me do it.
living eternaly is boring as hell, no matter the amount of artists you have to entertain you, no matter how many planets you visit etc.
not existing on the other hand is... not existing. so many great shit you will not be able to experience.
fuck, i'm afraid of eternity and non-existance man.
why does it have to be this way?
before calling me a faggot please leave some helpful advice.

I'm no gambler. I would choose a meagre existence over the wildcard that is death.

Stand upon Mazremel, the Black Rock in the Riverbed. Death is impossible for those who choose not to die.

Eternity would be wasted on you anyway- those who lack resolute certainty in their undying nature will always crawl toward death eventually.

living forever would be better, you could learn and explore so many things and don't even be worry about the time wasted, living until the end of humanity or even more, there is a lot of things to do and see while existing and death in the other hand is...uncertain

if you had freedom to die, then yeah, living forever (as long as you want) would be a no-brainer.
imagine being forced to live forever.
also i don't find myself worthy of living forever, because greater minds like Socrates, Plato, Bach etc. all had to die because they were born in a wrong time, and i as a regular man want to go their way too.

>I don't want to die...
you're probably a 16y old kid, when you are old or very sick you just don't fucking care about it anymore. I realized that when my father died of cancer

Just bee yourself.

Let me tell you something OP, death is not something to be afraid of, but rather doing nothing with your life is. I thought I had Ms or a neurological disorder a few years ago, but It was something else. Long story short, I recovered to 90% health and since then have sought to reshape my life. I went back to school, worked at great companies, and traveled. Since then I've operated under the assumption that life is very short and fleeting. You must not be afraid of death because fear is a prison that restrains you. Instead work tirelessly to make the best possible life for yourself. Good luck man

Attached: fullsizeoutput_2b0f.jpg (500x447, 79K)

Also when a great deal of the people you love have already passed and you're left alone

You still are a brainlet tho

>Implying that all the cells die at the same rate

You really are retarded

When you die, if you die, you won't care about being dead. You won't even exist. I say "if" because there's a possibility that aging and death will be solved in our lifetimes.

How do I die forever? I don't want to be reborn...

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 23K)

Death is impossible, the Machine ensures this

>knocked out by a soccer ball

Attached: Just.png (650x480, 245K)

Isn't genuine eternal life impossible because of entropy?

Attached: fc4.jpg (600x800, 62K)

Holy shit was this Stephen?

don't be stephen hawking

Entropy is a river. Rivers can be stilled or turned back, if you know how.

We could have saved Stephen Hawking but we failed

If longevity research gets enough support, it is possible that we can reach longevity escape velocity.

Discords of interest:
discord.gg/ftSbffu
discord.gg/DDpUqJh

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 7K)

drink bleach, the elixir of immortality

I'm drunk right now but I think you missed the part about being cryogenically frozen

who is this guy? why does he look so wholesome? why is he always sipping on a beer in all photos taken of him?