Calculator general

>class doesn't let us use graphing calculators, only scientific allowed on exams
>use the same calculator for the assignments so that on the exams i can be nice and quick with my calculator inputs
>mfw I had to redo a problem 10 times because the answer demands accuracy to 10 decimal places and I didn't realize my calculator wasn't being precise enough

what the fuck is wrong with these niggers

like i get it's my fault and I should have calculated a few things separately and then put them together at the end mentally but jesus christ have some consideration for the hardware you've forbidden and the hardware you've permitted

anyway general /tools of the trade/ thread. what calculators does Veeky Forums use? what graphing, visualizers, programs, protractors, compasses, do you guys have?

Attached: 1515726184949.png (960x960, 1.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Which-one-is-better-the-Casio-991EX-or-the-991ES-Plus/answer/Paul-Goffin/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

991EX Master Race

>can easily keep track of my steps in calculations using my graphing calculator
>can only use shitty scientific calculator on tests, with which I can't keep track of steps
I feel you OP. I had to redo several problems

Attached: 1495952593031.jpg (362x358, 22K)

I learned engineering on a slide rule.
So it's hard for me to empathize.
10 decimals does seem excessive, but my little Casio shows 10 places plus 2 for the exponent.
Write down the steps of your problem (even roughly) and move your finger down the list as you hit keys. Still faster than having to start over.

Do them by hand brainlet

Casio fx cg20

We don’t allow graphing calculators because pajeets and changs will put crib notes in the user program source code

t. TA

Also, if you can’t figure out how to use a scientific calculator you should literally off yourself

my school would just rent us calculators for exams. Anyone caught plugging anything into it or otherwise modifying it would get an automatic F, I know this because several chinks did it anyway. Also our "final" exam was fake, our real final exam was the day after in what was everyone expected to be a lab (at our school there are full pat downs before going into lab areas due to thefts, so this idea in particular appeals to professors).

How is the casio? I have a TI 84 color and considered switching over. Thing is, the TI 84 color has amazing buttons, and of course is more standardized if that makes sense.

The cg20 looks so nice though

>using calculators past grade school
Did you go to a shit tier school?

My brain.

Attached: wojak_07.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.2x.jpg (1200x800, 247K)

Calculators are quick and efficient, there's no shame in wanting to be intelligently lazy and save time.

some of us take upper level classes where basic arithmetic is a waste of brain power, we can focus on higher order problems, use more critical thinking, etc.

maybe you can't use calculators in your classes because they test you on basic calculations and you never get to learn anything more upper level?

>maybe you can't use calculators in your classes because they test you on basic calculations and you never get to learn anything more upper level?

No, unlike at your shitty uni, I am not expected to do tedious arithmetic on exams for so called “higher level” math classes. But when I have to evaluate something like 244-120 without a calculator I just do it in my head because I’m not a fucking uberbrainlet like you

real big brains own at least 5 different calculators:

TI-36X Pro - Use this 99% of the time. The interface is really fast with the dedicated cycling buttons for things like e/pi/i, does definite integrals and derivative evaluations, matricies, and summations. Rarely do I need anything else. Wife material.
TI-84 Plus CE - Only used for graphing calculator and big matrices. Color is nice.
TI-89 Titanium - I never use this except when I need to check an indef. integral or do something weird that the 84 can't do or my TI-59 batteries run dry. Shame because it's pretty powerful.
TI-59 - I keep this on my desk and use it for the novelty value, does most things I need. 10 digit precision. Has support for things like matricies but its too convoluted.
Omron 606 - Nice VFD display and buttons. Only use this for quick calculations and simple arithmetic since it only displays 6 digits, but makes it so satisfying.

What is the ratio of those with dark white skin to those with light skin?

You are an idiot but I like your line up... And I raise you one TI nspire.... CAS!!!

If you ever need something other than this, you're a brainlet.

Attached: fx991esplus.jpg (500x500, 50K)

This.
That or 991MS are the only choices I'll ever make while buying a calculator.

> He doesn't use HP calculators

Hp 35s
Supports RPN
Also performs complex arithmetic and convert from polar to rectangular with 1 button
Pretty fucking nice for engineering

What about the 991ex? It looks good

Eh it works more or less like a snazzy 991ES-plus, so...

quora.com/Which-one-is-better-the-Casio-991EX-or-the-991ES-Plus/answer/Paul-Goffin/
Here's someone who has more experience than me.
Buy it if you want the statistical operations and all. I wouldn't need it personally.

I just used my nSpire CX and claimed it is an educational standard for a decade and the graphing calculator before (Ti-83, 84, 89 etc...) have been a standard for education for two decades before that.
Then the teacher asked me how to program cheat sheets for which I asked if he shows me then I will know. Never been bothered for it again.

tl;dr: grow some balls and tell the teacher to do his/her homework on calculators and update the assignments for modern standards.