Hi my fellow nippons!

hi my fellow nippons!

I have no formal study of any kind of biology or "real" science. I've just done buncha math and programmg.

I've realized that I've WASTED my life . I want to learn more about Genetics starting from the bottom to the very cutting edge

What are some good resources?

Attached: 1511993557057.jpg (1680x1800, 1.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

khanacademy.org/science/ap-biology/ap-classical-genetics.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_genome
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you have a bachelor's degree, take some online bio courses and do a Master's in genetics. If you don't have a degree, do a double major in a life science and stats, then pursue genetics.

You're not going to get to the edge by yourself.

i'd rather go through texts than online courses.

Then don't waste your time trying to learn genetics because no one will let you do research without college credit.

are you saying there are no textbooks on biology and/or genetics?

Why are you interested in cutting edge genetics? Are you trying to reverse engineer your autism or something?

It interests me.

>weaponied autism
autism bioweapon

>did I heard vaccines?

Yeah but why cutting edge genetics in particular?

It interests me.
I just want to learn user. I want to go from 0 to the edge.

Gonna be honest, it sounds like you're trying to make a weapon.

You are already an arch-wizard.
You will eat up any lesser disciplines in half the time.
Here is a good start.

khanacademy.org/science/ap-biology/ap-classical-genetics.

Then use what you know to understand this and others.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_genome

If you can arrange this in an easier to understand method for editing and other utilities then you have successfully turned science fiction into reality and machinery will be born that will be able to edit this with ease.

Attached: BFF2.jpg (1200x1200, 1.05M)

Wait really? How?

are you a little bit on drugs? you talk like my friend who does drugs. i think he does marijuana?

You know how the 9/11 hijackers were never really that interested in learning how to land the plane? Yeah.
When you phrase the question 'I have zero experience in genetics, how do I learn how to do cutting edge shit?' You can see why it kind of raises a red flag.

I am natty and 01110010 01100001 01110111 m8.
Clarity makes code.

oh no
I want to learn everything up to and including the cutting edge !

I'm sorry if I was not clear!
helllo?

What?

Again, why genetics in particular? Why not ecology or biochemistry? Like, what is it that you're trying to do with that knowledge?

Buy the textbook Molecular Biology of the Gene.

Start there. That'll keep you busy for a year or so.

Autism is quite beneficial when it comes to retaining information one is interested in. I feel like autism is the subject of scorn because neurotypical people are insecure about the fact that in many ways autistic people are intellectually superior to them, or perhaps its because you don't understand the quirks that many autistic people have and the natural human reaction to strangeness is avoidance or aggression.

>implying thats introductory

google scholar

any review paper from nature, cell, or science

good luck!

> complaining about reading college textbooks
Go to netflix and turn on The Magic Schoolbus and watch the episode where they go inside the fat kid.

I find it strange how you want to go through all this effort to learn genetics yet you seem to want advice on how to supplement your independent study.

Is this because you're doing something that no college course would ever let you do? Red flags are flying bro. What kind of bio-weapon do you plan on making?

Just use google, specifically Google scholar. One of my preferred methods is to buy a book on a certain topic, read it front to back multiple times then look at the index and research the subjects studied in the book multiple times from various different sources.

>Implying you can just learn cutting edge genetics without owning a lab and conducting your own experiments which would require a sizable grant from a large company or organisation that defiantly wouldn't be willing to hire a guy who not only doesn't have the attention span to read college text books but also has no formal education in biology.

It's that the lab equipment and staff needed to do anything meaningful with genes are immense, and on your own it would be almost impossible to do research with it because it takes a year just to figure out what one well understood gene might do sometimes.

Alberts et al Essential Cell Biology forth edition is a good stepping stone. You can't learn genetics without some level of cellular biology knowhow.
Tortora et all Introduction to microbiology is a must for phage, and bacteria
You'll want to learn about next generation sequencing, Sanger sequencing, various genetic testing, all the variations of pcr, unfortunately genetics is so new and moving so fast that lab techniques and knowledge hasn't been put in a useful textbook as far as I am aware

>implyign you can learn cutting edge enetics without studying the foundations at all

are you dumb

>I've realized that I've WASTED my life .
Good taste user. Biology is god tier. The only problem is that undergrad can be a bit of stamp collecting.

You can't expect to learn anything "cutting edge" by just studying what's already written, if you want to learn something new and innovative you need to conduct your own experiments which would require the aforementioned.

I think the more important question is why does OP want to learn this shit? He knows that independent study won't compensate for his lack of legitimate qualifications, and you don't just study "cutting edge" genetics purely due to interest.

Not him but, at least for myself, I couldn't have ever done intro to molecular genetics, intro to genetics techniques or manipulation of genomes without knowing the foundation. Going in just thinking you can mix beakers will make idiots think they can pcr without magnesium

i think you severely misread ops post

I think I severely misread your post or vice versa because I was basically saying what you were saying in your earlier post.

Attached: 1520136310991s.jpg (249x228, 11K)

Go to EdX. There's some intro level genetics classes that are archived, as well as some upper level classes on DNA replication and repair. There is also a few classes on bioinformatics.

Which part of OP's post doesn't come off as a red flag?

Yup, this exactly. All of these "redpill me on subject" threads need to conclude with OP registering for a program at a university if they have any real desire the be part of the cutting edge in (field of study).

Why is Veeky Forums so opposed to autodidact?

>I feel like autism is the subject of scorn because neurotypical people are insecure about the fact that in many ways autistic people are intellectually superior to them
Except for outliers, this isn't the case at all. Autists are mentally inferior and it's not a matter of just being 'interested' because their ability to have actual interests is affected. You're probably an autist given that you use 'neurotypical', especially in such a tribalistic way. You probably can't even see the issue with rabid tribalism.

You haven't wasted your life. Jesus loves you and so do I user.

>undergrad can be a bit of stamp collecting
Definitely experienced that in a some of modules but it all depends on your course and institution.

Nipping please!!

I heard about this new thing called ethnic bioweapons. Is that something genetics can teach?

No