Why does Veeky Forums hate him so much?

Why does Veeky Forums hate him so much?

Is he literally not the embodiment of what this board is?

Attached: Elon_Musk_2015.jpg (1011x1484, 396K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=30&v=qU7FuAswPW0
youtu.be/pCByG-xSD5E
youtube.com/watch?v=bdvv8qIl_WI&t=47s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Mueller
youtube.com/watch?v=RNFesa01llk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Jason_Callahan
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Veeky Forums is contrarian by nature.
Normies & reddit love and praise him.
That's enough reason for Veeky Forums hating him.

Because is an annoying poser camwhore

Jealousy
He's doing what they never will
It's the nature of Veeky Forums to be brainlets

sci doesn't hate him, it's just prime troll town

what are you talking about Veeky Forums absolutely loves this guy there is a thread about him every day on various boards

this.

Veeky Forums is tsundere for him.

Just like pure mathfags are jealous to every other STEM major.

$70,900 Computer Science & Engineering
$70,300 Chemical Engineering
$67,800 Electrical Engineering
$64,000 Mechanical Engineering
$60,800 Structural Engineering
$58,200 Nursing
$58,000 Physics
$54,200 Mathematics

he is a vulture capitalist (privatize profits, socialize r&d and losses) with a history of building companies only through hype and then dumping them when they fail (solarcity, soon tesla, and spacex after that)

>thunderf00t is still here whining
Loving every laugh

Attached: 1481679514577.png (600x826, 641K)

Holy shit just remembered that faggot exists

This board is packed with angsty pretentious retards.

I'm going to be famous in the near future and there will be mass hatred towards me from this site without a single valid reason.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=30&v=qU7FuAswPW0

>Is he literally not the embodiment of what this board is?
He is not the problem as much as his fans are
People treat him as if he has the second coming and ignore everyone else working on his projects, his name gets thrown around for hype purposes and manny end up getting fed up with him.
I see him the same way that I see candidates of an election, he may do some good, but don't go around telling that he alone will fix every single problem we have and that whatever problem you have HE will fix it, and if you do not agree than you are either jealous of completely hate him. Thus I want him to fail so I can see his cock-suckers sperg out
>tl;dr: Because he's popular

jealous impotent mouth breathers
can't improve themselves
instead try to tear others down

Elon used to be my hero until he pulled the fraudulent spaceman + car in space stunt. Too many discrepancies in the original spaceman video that they chose to hide. Here are a few problems: bubbles in space, earth glitch, no land mass, and windshield got fogged up. How the fuck do these things happen in space?

The military industrial complex are working overtime to cover it up by posting conspiracy videos conflating the real fraud with kooky stuff like flat earth.

We are left with one question; why? Why go through all of this trouble to fake space missions? Is there something going on that makes space inaccessible to us? Is it just about the billions in $$$ ? We may never know.

Attached: spaceman.jpg (300x168, 7K)

he talks too much and promises big

I'm drowning in debt while he's leeching off tax money that could help me instead.

That's why.

>Putting stuff in orbit for 50M instead of 1000M
He's saving the government boatloads of cash you shivering useless pos.

Attached: 1518069551541.png (369x311, 6K)

>bubbles in space
The oxygen heating up has to be vented out and so you get small amounts leaving the second stage. They're not bubbles.
>earth glitch
Video encoding, learn it.
>no land mass
Pacific is huge.
>windshield got fogged up
No, that was just a reflection of the Earth in the windshield.

>b-but the video i saw on youtube told me those were valid problems!
Because they can't think past "I know it's fake". They don't look for logical explanations, anything they don't understand they think fits their conclusion.

Has owns and operates a successful youtube channel. He has nothing to envy that musk fraud for

>The oxygen heating up has to be vented out and so you get small amounts leaving the second stage.

Attached: ome67Ji[1].gif (500x270, 436K)

Rich, fit and popular. Yep, that's Veeky Forums.

Attached: 1502422405529m.jpg (1024x595, 119K)

>likes to build clocks
I died

If you're not aware, they use cryogenic oxygen in the stage. This shit is really fucking cold, which is why it's vented constantly and topped up before launch, because as it heats it expands.
Even in space, especially while the stage is in the sunlight, it's being heated enough that the LOX is gaining temperature and expanding. They need to vent it off as it does this or it will burst the tank.

>he doesnt understand elementary fluid dynamics and states of matter

Attached: 1520680936284.png (485x443, 23K)

this made me laugh heartily, thanks for that

Who is this guy?

I'll accept the oxygen tank explanation. What kind of video encoding would make the whole earth shake(background) while leaving the spaceman+tesla car(foreground) in place? Yes, the windshield evidently fogged up toward the end of the video.

Spaceman and the tesla are static and only the earth moves in the frame so if a key frame is lost it retains the last known key frame and refreshes when a new one comes in in tact.
Spaceman and the car don't get the artifacts because they are (in a smaller time interval) constant around all the frames and key frames.

Great explanation, thanks. That leaves the fogged windshield issue as the last problem to solve.

Pulling shit right out of your ass.

No gas would remain spherical in a vacuum, take your meds.

Windshield is in a shallow angle, the "fogging" is the reflection of the earth, the sun or the on board lighting depending on the camera view and which way it was facing during it's rotation.

What did mathematicians ever do to you?

Well that infographic isn’t a blatant strawman and certainly doesn’t undermine its own point with a clearly biased non-argument.

Like attracts like

Surface tension

Bubbles form in space for the same reasons they do on Earth.

bubbles have a liquid shell to contain the gas within

I didn't say anything about it being a gas.
They pressurize the tank with Helium as the LOX is consumed, so any expansion would be bad. Liquids become more dense at lower temperatures, so when the LOX starts to increase in temperature it expands and they need to vent a bit.
It's still liquid at this stage.
Surface tension will keep it spherical.

this but unironically

bingo

Taking credit for other peoples work?
Hyping things?
Being a space freak?
Being a blatant liar?

Good reasons to like him.

>lets take the nuke rockets and replace the nuke with people lul
>that's gonna work
>gib money
>save planet 'n shiet

/pol/ sends its regards, you cucks

youtu.be/pCByG-xSD5E

Attached: 1520719159724.gif (512x288, 836K)

Reminders that only leddit fags and brainlets follow him like some kind of new age personality cult. Fuck off

basically this, so succinct

Pfft whatever, nerd.

Wtf happened to this country. Why is this pay shit so low? When my dad walked out of high school he landed a job with a comparable purchasing power of 80k/yr. I'm looking at MAYBE 60k/yr after finishing Mech Eng. What went so horribly wrong?

I've never been able to really summarize my feelings about him, but this is basically it. if he wasn't such an attention whore it would honestly be easier to like him.

Isn't he just a walking wallet that hires smart people and takes the credit for their work?

Yes

Well, he designed the Falcon 1 himself.

"""""""Design""""""""

Globalisation. It's not a bad thing at all.

Really the problem lies with inflation and cost of living. Everyone assumes Americans are rich and suck every penny worth. Only in America were land is plentiful and materials are cheap does one pay 600k+ for basic human necessities on a 60k salary while in """"shithole"""" countries you get a 35k-50k salary and only pay 40k-90k for a similar lifestyle.

T. Expat living in shithole Mexico living the good life and loving this shithole more than jew-s-a

He is basically a more modern version of black science man. He has some knowledge in a few very specific fields but he also likes to share his retarded opinions on outside topics in which he has next to zero knowledge like AI. His idea of using space to travel to destinations within Earth is probably the most retarded thing that anyone has ever imagined and the hyperloop is a fucking meme. If anything it shows that he himself knows jack shit and rides the fame dick off of the engineers that actually create SpaceX shit.

Yeah, designed.
You didn't know about that?

Red scare dies -> Bourgs increasingly emboldened -> Prole sustenance gradually goes

He really didn't

>Highest average wage:
>$70,900 Computer Science & Engineering
Hahahaha

What retard only makes this much?

That's for B.S. brainlet niggers. Ph.D.s make 300k, starting.

>And the reason that I ended up being the chief engineer or chief designer, was not because I want to, it's because I couldn't hire anyone. Nobody good would join. So I ended up being that by default. And I messed up the first three launches.

youtube.com/watch?v=bdvv8qIl_WI&t=47s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Mueller

So he designed the Merlin, but that doesn't mean he designed the Falcon 1.

fpbp

Just because you're too much of a brainlet enough money doesn't mean you should blame the gov't spending a measly 50m vs 600bn on defense for your stupid debt that they wouldn't help you with anyways

Defense research actually gets shit done.

Not just in developing new technology, but the largest pure mathematics grant in human history (the geometric Langland's programme) is also funded through defense.

Elon crashes a few rockets every year. I could've done that for free.

Give any program 600bn and as long as the people running it aren't dead the program will get shit done. Giving the money to pure research and not defense would advance humanity on a much higher scale

>Elon crashes a few rockets every year. I could've done that for free.
Thats like me saying: The us army has only invaded a couple countries, I can do the same in risk

>Giving the money to pure research and not defense would advance humanity on a much higher scale
That's what I'm telling you you idiot.

Defense is an excuse to give billions of money to pure research without normies complaining.

We've been doing this for decades. Only fucktards in popular science who's never written a successful grant proposal think otherwise.

Why do you think serious, non-tv/reddit scientists and mathematicians aren't complaining about it?

youtube.com/watch?v=RNFesa01llk

>Defense is an excuse to give billions of money to pure research without normies complaining.
except 99% of the money isn't given to "pure research"
the geometric landlands program wasn't a grant nor did the us gov't have anything to do with it

Defense isn't an excuse to give money to scientists, it's just a way for the us to wave it's dick around boasting about its huge military. it's fueled by american nationalism

>Why do you think serious, non-tv/reddit scientists and mathematicians aren't complaining about it?
We don't hear from them because they don't have a public voice. There is no "mathematician's union" or whatever, that would go and complain to the senate.

>the geometric landlands program wasn't a grant nor did the us gov't have anything to do with it
>DARPA grant number HR0011-09-1-0015

Think again you stupid fuck. Stop trying to google things you know nothing about.

>We don't hear from them because they don't have a public voice.
Wrong.
> There is no "mathematician's union" or whatever, that would go and complain to the senate.
There literally are several such institutions.

thundercuck makes some pretty big and blatent errors in the video, specifically when he fails to apply cube-square scaling from his steel ball in a glass tube to the scale of hyperloop. I hyperloop is pretty out there with some major engineering challenges but thundercuck is so obessed with scroing points that his analysis falls apart

Doesn't know shit about machine learing yet brags about it every time he gets a chance.

>has a rocket company ill never have
>has a car company ill never have
>has fame ill never have
>has a girlfriend ill never have

Why do I not hate him?

Let's be honest with ourselves here.

Everyone that's capable of using a scientific or optimization library knows just about everything there is to know about ML.

Wow the military gives a little bit of their money to mathematics research! Surely that justifies all the money wasted on everything else

>There literally are several such institutions.
name them
they probably do exist but have little no no bearing on legislative decisions

which scientists favor the high defense budget?

I visited Veeky Forums today because stephen hawkins... was disappointed but I taught I was the only one to hate him ... this and because he is a business man posing as some fuck kind of saviour of humanity and christ.

I assume it's all the manchildren wanting to "work for video games" and take any 40k job they are offered that is dropping the average.

Veeky Forums doesn't like the idea of trains being the future as they love their chadcars, specially since nerds like to kill inside cars by strangling their victims with their fat and hairless thighs.

>Is he literally not the embodiment of what this board is?
Is he a dropout underachiever that jerks off to cartoon horses all day LARPing as someone involved in STEM?

Reminds me of the reconstructions they do for unidentified bodies.

Attached: Cali_-_Arroyo_Grande_-_Walker_Co_-_Buckskin_Girl_Poster.jpg (960x911, 463K)

Both true, overall I think he his more + than -

Veeky Forums doesn't actually hate musk, they just hate his fans so much that they think they hate him

SpaceX, if you read between the lines, seems to be a cult. On it's surface it's just a private space company that is granted tons of corporate welfare, but reading Musk's totally wacky political theories you quickly understand he wishes to not only colonize Mars, but install himself as Autarch and totally engineer it's society.

He also recently got in shit for using his position at OpenAI to personally profit by stealing away their best researchers so he can fine tune Tesla's shitty autodrive.

I don't get it. Were they prostitutes, junkies or what? How can a girl disappear and no one even comes out and say "I haven't heard from my daughter, sister, cousin, girlfriend, friend in a long time, I wonder if she's alright"? Why does this sort of thing seem to be way more common in American than western Europe?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Jason_Callahan
My guess is their relatives are either dead or completely stupid bums, or people just thought they moved out of the trailer park or living off the grid somewhere.

Also it's possible they just got lost in the system somewhere, someone is reported as missing in one state and a random corpse turns up in another.

Also these are ones that are by now notorious for still being unidentified.

Some may be illegal immigrants too.

>embodiment of this board
>the difference between Musk and the average user of this board

Assuming that he is decently intelligent, that would imply that he knows the hyperloop is just a meme yet he hypes it up anyway.

We need a crime board on this shitsite. That would be interesting and better than most.

How long till it would devolve into anons posting about their perfect crime projects on one half and conspiratard retardation on the other?

Just report them to the police ;)

might be fun actually, the party van can stop by regularly

Jealous losers who will never amount to 1/100th of Musk.

>hey /cri/ how do you frame someone for a murder? Just asking out of curiosity. I already know how to do prosthetic fingertips.

Tesla literal pay shills on reddit.

fuck off, I may be a /pol/tard, but I hve every reason to love musk.
At least he wastes overnement money on cool stuff, instead of financing LGBT parades, or abortion rights for gay otherkin retards

ITT: Chad businessman makes virgin STEM neets insecure

Attached: 1452854663870.jpg (330x559, 67K)

Tesla is a bad buisness

>Crime greentext stories
Might be cool