Do you think time travel has already been invented?

do you think time travel has already been invented?

Attached: 6dac78a76d0f7bc7775e349fb8440c20--illustration-art-online-portfolio.jpg (564x442, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tor.com/2011/08/31/wikihistory/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We’re still using mass emitting thrusters as our most effective way of traveling into space, I’m going to go with no.

>but what if time travel has already been invented in the future
>already
>in the future

sure we're all travelling through time right now XDDD

If time travel will be invented, where are all the time travelers tourists?
I call this the Terminator paradox.

Maybe we're not interesting enough to go to

It time travel is possible (unlikely) Relativity suggests it'll be more like a time tunnel. You walk through into the past or the future, depending on which end you enter.
But you can never go back further than the instant the tunnel was established.

When that's done, say in 2127, the laboratory will immediately be flooded with historians and reporters from subsequence centuries, anxious to interview the inventor.

The apparent lack of visitors means that hasn't happened -- yet.

Attached: untitled.png (226x223, 96K)

/thread

Probably, I believe that we don't have tourist because of the problems that time travel can cause. Like changing the history or causing a time paradox

What's "/thread' mean on Veeky Forums?

were living in the original timeline before time machine

Surely people would be nostolgic for the dawn of the internet? The birth of the maymay?

Any given era becomes sort of cool when it's old enough.
We see all the time movies settled in the 70s, 80s etc, and I'm pretty sure they didn't think at the time to be interesting.

It mimics html tags, it basically means "end of thread".

It's a very high compliment,
hints that no one can say anything that would improve on that.

>do you think time travel has already been invented?

No, time travel is literally impossible.

If time travel was technologically possible, somebody would go back in time to pump our ancestors full of scientific and technological knowledge to speed up our path towards the outer singularity. Also, some normie memester would have killed Hitler.

Attached: expanding brain6.png (500x590, 34K)

Thanks.

I'm sure many would TRY.
That's why the internet has rules.

>tor.com/2011/08/31/wikihistory/

where do you think the pyramids came from

hi new guy

No. Holy shit some people are so stupid, they think a time in history is some sort of "place" you can travel to. Think about it logically, if there are multiple "timelines" coexisting where the fuck are the atoms existing in space? Sure, if you could somehow theoretically reverse the way atoms, subatomic particles etc interact with each other and ultimately reverse the state of the universe maybe you could call that "time travel".

Do you know the term "lurking"?
Look it up and do more of it.

While I don't want to get into conspiracy theories, I must point out that the assumption that there should be time traveling tourists is asinine. If time travel really was possible, and if it will be invented in the future, it would obviously be tightly controlled by the government because they don't want some stupid idiot mindlessly changing the timeline. Plus, no matter how far in the future, I can't imagine that time travel would be be cheap enough to be accessible to just any person anyway.

And even if you to make the absurd assumption that there could be "time traveling tourists" visiting us from the future, they wouldn't reveal themselves because that would alter the timeline.

It's possible they don't know about us if it's invented in some far out civilization in a billion years. As an analogy: good luck finding the first living organism if given a time machine.

I thought that seemed odd/snarky but hadn't been sure.
Been on Veeky Forums a long time but hadn't seen term used outside Veeky Forums.
Thanks.

he would've gone back in time, but since things weren't like on hogan's heroes, he would've been caught and interrogated into giving away the plans for the normandy invasion etc

The timeline couldn't be altered because it'd negate the particular timeline in which the tourists came from from existing. Human time travel I don't think is possible .

>If time travel will be invented, where are all the time travelers?

Hiding from the historical preservation police.
The only time they don't arrest time travelers is at very delicate historical events where even a single time cop can accidentally change history.

Attached: Time Traveler Hipster.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

Time travel will never exist except as a thought experiment.

>If time travel was technologically possible, somebody would go back in time to pump our ancestors full of scientific and technological knowledge to speed up our path towards the outer singularity.

Have you ever heard of Great Benin Empire?

>Great Benin Empire
its called Wakanda