Attached: 562.jpg (600x600, 36K)

>google something latex related
>only lewd shit comes up
funny how it still catches me by surprise every time

Attached: autism.gif (480x270, 512K)

>lateh

Attached: 445.png (364x387, 237K)

LAH-TEK.

DONT YOU FAGGOTS UNDERSTAND THAT THE X IS A GREEK CHI????? JUST! HOW RETARDED COULD YOU BE YOU GOD DAMN LOWLIFES!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1515356726578.jpg (705x775, 139K)

What's that's cat name
?

no one gives a SHIT about how you pronounce TeX except Knuth, and even he doesn't give a shit about how you pronounce the distros built on TeX (since he's so deep in the hole he legit doesn't understand why people don't like raw TeX). The makers of LaTeX themselves don't give a shit either.

Lateshi? saying Lat-x souds lewd and I refuse to do so

>not Loo-Tuck

Lol text

goes all the way up to my armpit

>yuler

its beautiful

Attached: letkitty.jpg (1169x1200, 140K)

>Ha ha, I got a great idea, I'm going to spell something one way, then tell everybody to pronounce it another way. This is cute and clever, and not just making problems for everybody.

Was Donald Knuth on the Wikipedia committee that decided to use the British spelling of "aluminum"?

La tech

Latin

>create nice acronym that is spelled like a word
>insist that people should not pronounce it like that word
fuck that gay shit. i call it latex, just how it looks. anything else is faggotry

it's χ not x you actual fucking retard

It's pronounced latazi like fugazi

>work with a couple greek students
>they say lahtek
>[math]\phi[/math] is pronounced "fee", not "fie"
>learn how to properly handwrite zeta, and find that the one you see in textbooks is a heavily stylized cursive zeta
>learn that the character that looks like zeta but has an extra bump in it is actually "ksi", not "zeta", and they are not interchangeable in greek

>LayMeme
Let’s face it: LaTeX is only good for typesetting equations and not text. Compared to a thesis produced with InDesign, a LaTeX thesis has horrible typography — that’s why you can always tell when something was typeset with it, it always has that slightly odd feeling.
And if you need equations in your document, just typeset them in LaTeX and drop the PDF into your big boy typesetter

>inb4 muh plaintext editing
InDesign, or any typesetting package worth its salt, has Markdown/HTML import workflows. And the syntax for those languages are infinitely better than the verbose shitfest that is TeX.

>inb4 WYSIWYG is bad !!! xD
Documents are meant to be visually consumed. If you really think that trying to programmatically define good typography with thousands of lines of shitty code for every situation is more effective than using visual means to design a visual product then you should off yourself

I dont care about anything you just said. Fact is, if you dont use LaTeX for literally everything, you should not have the audacity to call yourself a scientist, or even a science enthusiast. Also probably kill yourself.

Attached: 1516240625397.jpg (1200x1200, 128K)

like i don't know that. cry harder

Lateshi-kun

Truly a miracle of the universe

Attached: 9877.jpg (720x960, 68K)

>he didn't know the difference between ζ and ξ
Holy shit dude

>differentiating between The nose knows (ζ) and The wattle thing (ξ)

Attached: 1520183923942.png (476x635, 292K)

>fee

Attached: 33481015d04b3974f9ed7acf616592901b13507ebdabf48ee1d6d09d63acc2c4.png (1070x601, 507K)

>Instead of using Latex, I want you to pay a software to typeset a text

hahahahhahaha

Attached: 1520371080383.png (466x719, 42K)

Ecks dee who gives a shiz

No one pronounces it correctly anyway. Hamfisted usage of English phonology isn't actually pronouncing it correctly. Therefore there is no reason to to make such an abnormal adjustment. If you actually pronounced it correctly, or were even able to, then I would engage with your autism. You don't and can't, due to it being a different language, so I refuse.

Whole world uses aluminium and its pronunciation. Get over it. It's not 'British spelling' it's 'world spelling'. Regardless of preference, this is the convention.

InDesign uses LaTeX, you moron

LaTeX more like Le Leddit, am i right faggots. If you use LaTeX instead of Word you are cancer

>Whole world uses aluminium and its pronunciation

>whole world
>hlinik

choose one

Go back to Arksiv.

you can tell when something is typeset with latex because you're too used to looking at things that look like shit

>>Trying so hard to sound edgy

Attached: 1502311647927.png (850x753, 378K)

i'm not being edgy i'm just saying the truth

who cares?

>>Says something edgy
>>"Im not edgy"
Kys

steve buscemi

edgy is in the eye of the beholder

it's The way.
also, retarded americanos say "pie" instead of just "pee".

>ϕϕ\phi is pronounced "fee", not "fie"
huh?
feel like reginald right now

Attached: 2011-08-22-beartato-swords.png (800x1035, 100K)

>mentioning reddit for no reason
>calling others cancer
the fucking irony

I paid my taxes and took my kid to his football match using laytechs, feels great man