In your opinion what is the most difficult undergrad math course?

In your opinion what is the most difficult undergrad math course?

Attached: women-in-math.jpg (267x300, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=real analysis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Algebra, topology

this

Americans plz

depends on how much of a cunt your professor is

I have no problem with combinatorics/abstract alg./topology but linear algebra fucks me up for some reason

Algebraic Geometry

Attached: Math 4.png (658x642, 27K)

Post an undergrad class that's more difficult or fuck off

Numerical Linear Algebra.

what do you mean by algebra? linear algebra? abstract algebra?

Abstract algebra.

Attached: artin.png (497x648, 35K)

Measure theory, PDEs, Functional analysis, Logic, out of the top of my head

Post-Anabelian froeboid geometrics.

>tfw 20 and only in trig in community college
Its very easy and I dont mind spending the extra years to catch up so I can major in physics, but Im so far behind what I could have been if I didnt fuck up my teens. Pls tell me Im gonna make it

I'm 29 and have about two years left of my degree. It really doesn't matter.

You can do it, m8.

I'd say anal because, even though the subjects are not that hard, it's the first class where you're met with autistic levels of rigour.

Analysis?

>anal

This word doesn't mean what you think it means.

measure theory

Cal III, seriously, can anyone here even do triple integrals?

I’m 24 and brushing up on calculus and differential equations for when I go back to school. You’re technically ahead of me.

funny, we dont do anal in our uni.
not for credit any ways.

anal is my favourite class. I like when I have anal with chad

>anal
op didn't ask for engineering courses

Galois theory

Real Analysis. Complex Analysis was a joke, PDE was a more of a struggle but nothing quite prepares you for the endless stream of proofs real analysis throws your way

You are fucked, may as well start working at McDonalds.

im 26 and working to finish my undergrad in mathematics.
hope to be done in a year.

Number theory.

Any class taught by the fresh import professor who has an accent so bad you would be lucky to make out every third word and doesnt give a shit about it, consequently doing nothing to improve the accent or find a workaround.

In terms of relative difficulty probably electrodynamics.

can you skip those electives altogether?

Measure theory isn't remotely the hardest, undergrad PDEs are a meme, logic is barely a math course, but I'll give you analysis

for me personally it was just second year calc, like double integrals and shit. only C i've ever gotten. it was a real leap in my ability to concieve / model things mathematically.

this

And his English skills. I had a friend doing a grad math class with a Chinese prof at a Canadian university. Class was 90% Chinese. Fucking prof was writing Chinese characters on the board. This was about 12 years ago.

for me it was intro to analysis because my professor was a bit of a cunt and graded way too fucking harshly in that course
literally everyone failed the midterm because they didn't over-explain the proofs

Jesus.

Calc II. The subject material in general isn't terribly difficult, it's just that there is so much information being taught which you must remember.

Same, calc 2, multivariable, and diff eq I couldn't stand and I'm a math major. I just hated calc-based shit where you had to memorize all this stuff; the reason I wanted to do math was because I can't remember shit, so if I can't derive it I won't know it.

heh

you can derive anything and everything in calc 2 / diff eq

Advanved Linear Algebra. Our class all based on the abstract algebra perspective of linear algebra. we used Algebra by Micheal Artin. Group theory was expected knowledge.

not enough time on tests tbqh, plus the profs I had never showed how to do so so I was always lost

My calc professor started class my freshman year saying "My name Ping, like ping pong" that was the most english he could speak.

Sick. Burn.

>can anyone here even do triple integrals
>being this much of a brainlet

Attached: spm.png (844x528, 205K)

I bet the author was smirking and giggling to himself as he wrote this.

Attached: 1426818766460.jpg (552x557, 38K)

This

what is the curriculum of this "real analysis" course ?
>t. eurofag

shit tier uni

lmgtfy.com/?q=real analysis

My uni offers Differential Geometry for math undergrads.
As requisite, not as elective.

Attached: 40keks.jpg (600x528, 37K)

this

(HSE, math, 3rd year of ba)

Attached: hse .png (801x923, 74K)

>american unis dont offer these
wat

STEM majors take anal
But Math fags are those who love it.
Math fags love anal so much that they sit and take a lot more anal courses up to Grad School:
real anal, complex anal, manifold anal. functional anal, Fourier anal.
And are stuck with anal, for the rest of their lives, until tenure permanent anal position.

inter-universal teichmuller theory. it's crosslisted in physics and japanese.

I have an exam the day after spring break ends which covers areas, volumes, arc length, average value, engineering applications, and probability.

None of these subjects alone are terribly difficult, unless the questions are vague as fuck or I have to remember the integral for an inverse trig identity or something. But goddamn that's a lot of different material for one test.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be a massacre. I think I'll do alright, but RIP all of the shit I had planned over spring break. Every single professor I have has scheduled something difficult as well.

Attached: apocalypse_meow.jpg (448x315, 31K)

The Real Anal is more hard and rough than the Complex Anal.

The Professor push and shove too much content inside you, in short time, that you can't hold at once.

So you have to practice Anal at home again, or in group with classmates, until you get used to it.

pure math?

Is that supposed to be some sort of undergraduate academic plan? I have a hard time believing anyone going through that rigorous of a schedule will be able to absorb the information very effectively.

Homotopy + Analysis = Homo Anal.

homo anali

Attached: XJWhdCtP5tdXVO0Hez0O8Q_r.jpg (700x700, 140K)

if you have to ask user

yep
undergraduate

Attached: hse 2018.png (1223x842, 134K)

Probability, dependent on the professor.
Even with a good professor people seem to have a hard time grasping it, and a bad professor can make it a nightmare.

Differential equations was the most difficult for me but I was an engineering student rather than a math major so I didn't take any other math after DQ.

i fucking hated PDEs. JUST: the unit