What did he exactly do?

What did he exactly do?

Attached: hawking.jpg (620x350, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

yhwhallah.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nothing, he was paralyzed.

Pretty much this. Even his work on black holes about information got BTFO and disproven

He created the big bang and Niger holes and shit

Black holes are still black so you incorrect sir.

His accomplishments were all very technical and mathematical and difficult to convey to a layman. Basically, a lot of physics calculations relating to heavily warped space that checked out. It's hard to describe microstate geometry, okay?

>What did he exactly do?
Some stuff about black holes and... nothing else?
Why the fuck are people equating him to Newton, Einstein and the likes? Seriously.. Is it because his wheelchair is memorable?

>Why the fuck are people equating him to Newton, Einstein and the likes? Seriously.. Is it because his wheelchair is memorable?
Yes. The image is far more important than the man, or his ideas

Einstein cuck who spent the last twenty years virtue signaling. S.

He invented gravity.

He was good at conveyance to layman's terms, which made him a relatable, conversational scientist even though he worked with ideas that were very specialized and have no practical applications. Made him a popular smart guy to invite and ask questions to.
Until someone makes a unified theory or actually proves strings exist somehow, there's not going to be anyone like Einstein for decades or centuries.

>It's hard to describe microstate geometry, okay?

Attached: file.png (645x729, 49K)

Newton and Einstein were hacks too. They didn't know shit either, gravity isn't real and neither space vacuum cus is a liquid

He was the second based science man after Carl Sagan.

>there's not going to be anyone like Einstein for decades or centuries.
lol
90% of what you think Einstein did other people did.

So explain it. In layman's terms

I saw a tweet saying he 'demystified the stars'

I don't think anyone else came up with the gravitation as a physical consequence of space's curvature, and that's the real kicker. The idea that space itself can flex is something that takes a unique brain.

Then tell me who other scientist could backtravel in time uh, cus only he could send a watch back in time

this, he was unironically a genius

>I don't think anyone else came up with the gravitation as a physical consequence of space's curvature, and that's the real kicker. The idea that space itself can flex is something that takes a unique brain.
Riemann did in the 1800s. Poincare predicted gravitational waves in 1905. The idea that gravity was the result of space curvature was neither original or rare. Plenty of others were working on the same idea. Einstein deserves a lot of credit for putting a coherent theory together, but it was initially mathematically wrong, and Hilbert deserves a lot of credit for helping Einstein make it usable.

Anyways, like I said, 90% of what you think Einstein did he didn't do. He was a fine scientist. He wasn't a Newton type figure.

unironically he did not come up with gravity being the curvature of space.

If you're gonna be like that then nobody was like Newton before or after. Newton pretty much invented physics as a studiable concept instead of guesswork.
Of course Einstein didn't pull his work from the aether, but "putting a coherent together" means the world in science. Otherwise Stephen Hawking was perfectly on the level of someone like Bernhard Riemann for jotting down and crunching numbers for a lot of viable math without actually describing how it all works together.

Most of his hard hitting theories were completely debunked and BTFOd. The only reason he was popular is because of his medical condition and "no matter how bad things are, you can still be a scientist and shit :DD". If he was completely healthy, he would of been a high ranking scientist at best, and would share a spot with hundreds of others that are active, but don't really do anything significant to be important to be remembered by people outside of his field.

So you were completely 100% wrong about Einstein's accomplishments, the real ones I respect, and now you are bullshitting. Einstein is a meme because the media made him one. You are a dupe for repeating that meme.

What's bullshitting? You're the one insisting the only real geniuses are the ones who don't stand on anybody's shoulders.
Having the numbers is a completely different story than taking all the numbers and spinning a consistent solution. Again: a coherent theory is the world, hypothetical mathematics is not.

He made Games Workshop think of dreadnoughts to fulfil their fantasy of making paralyzed but still useful people to continue being useful

Attached: 4561413.jpg (399x382, 63K)

>What's bullshitting?
Things like "Einstein thought of gravity being the curvature of space" is bullshit and 100% false.

>something something, shoulders of giants, something something

But seriously. Literally all of science is based on an idea or a thought based on another's work or a conversation with someone else.

You can never truly be certain that someone had an idea "all on their own" unless we raise them from birth in a windowless room.

Pretty sure the Einstein field equations were far more consistent and accurate to the shape of reality than the Riemann curvature tensor my dude.

came here to ask this same fucking shit

i just loaded up his wikipedia page and its fill with bullshit text

the google answeres dropdown boxes all say "he "thinks" blackholes emit radiation"

like thats literally it, he THINKS since we have zero fucking knowledge of black holes and have yet to send anything into one, all he did was theorize some shit

1 thing

everything else he was simply on a TEAM of ppl who came up with a few other theories

The guy was some kind of meat supercomputer, he helped in some calculus works on the inflation model and models...and did other works, it took for him long time I guess...

He was white cis male. His privilege brought him riches and fame, not his works.

it probably took him a while cause he had to use his fucking cheek bone to individually select each letter and number probably in order of muscle twitches and muscle non twitches to indicate spaces/next letters/ect

That isn't what you said. So now you are just claiming that having usable field equations is Einstein's great accomplishment. If that is true, then Hilbert deserves equal credit. Moving the goal posts is pretty pathetic, don't you think?

Spot the retard.

Yeah, well, he is ded now.

Happy?

This is going to sound crazy, but maybe we shouldn't give someone credit for thinking that gravity is the curvature of space when we can trace it back to someone else.

Hilbert is my man dawg!!!

Racist.

this
BLACK scientists have to actually achieve things to get fame.

There is Maldacena. Jury's still out but it's beginning to look as if he came up with something really important.

he theorized hawking radiation, never proven btw

he was a meme physisist and a charlatan

Basically this.

Riemann had all the relevant ideas, but he did not complete the theory, dying before age 40. It is true that Einstein did come up with the complete theory, but he had less far to go than most people think. He was basically just finishing Riemann's project based on Riemann's notes. This still took serious skill, but Einstein's popular fame relative to Riemann's is hugely overblown.

I love how the Einstein cucks get so fucking offended when simple factual errors are corrected and immediately change the subject.
>Einstein did X!
>No he didn't.
>So you are saying Einstein was a fool? You are the fool, sir!

Oh look. The antisemites from /pol are out in full force. The only people who say that Einstein did not come up with SR and GR are antisemites.

He'll be remembered by the world 100 years from now. You wont be.

you mean his chair and text to speech will be?

Rest easy crazy maestro

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

Can you imagine how insufferable the media coverage would be if he were a jew?

Hawking radiation will forever carry his name, he was the first to apply quantum mechanics to black holes and realize they must radiate

Fuck off back to /pol/.

>What did he exactly do?

Hawking failed to unite GR & QM because his quantum was off.
And other than his quantum wasted life, accomplished nothing.

yhwhallah.wordpress.com/

YHWH Allah
(LORD God)

but as of this day we still have zero factual evidence of black holes doing anything

even the god particle has been found

He was a remote-controlled silicone puppet robot who did a lot to promote physics as its official mascot.

Retired on Einstein's birthday just to taunt us.

Attached: obviously.jpg (660x390, 62K)

How are etherfags still a thing?

Yo there Hawking; Why dead? Hawking go poof.

Allah

nothing he was a meme, and ruined the public's perception of black holes for decades.

>implying the public ever had a good perception of black holes
lol

>not controlling the quantum states in your hair folicles to achieve higher information transfer rate

he was on TV with John Oliver.

checkmate, drumpflet.

Attached: 34359454.jpg (1280x720, 358K)

Hello from /b/ now I'm no scientist but I also don't see what is special about him, he couldn't even move let alone speak. I can walk, talk, type and wipe my own freakin ass for freak sakes. Yeah he was smart and a professor and was the first person to discover gravity and the moon and sun, but could he even wipe his own ass? I don't think so. I potray gravity everyday when I walk and talk and I can wipey own ass. Also I don't need someone to change my clothes as well. He seemed like a really nice guy with great quotes and that one catchy EDM song but that's it. Don't tell me he contributed plenty to the sciences when he cannot even walk and talk. Thanks..

Yet only Einstein made the right conection and had the missing piece in his mind about space.time relativetly.

Nothing really that wouls help in your everyday life I can think off.
He was a theoretical physist that worked in a very specialized field.
His theories might be theories until the end of time, altough they are logical in themselves, have no real means of being proven.

posts like this is why i visit Veeky Forums

Attached: 1503292648331.png (252x182, 68K)

Talking to someone who says Hawking is the one person who has controbuted most to our understanding of the universe.
Give quick stats to BTFO this guy please

The interesting this is conspiracy theories about him started cropping of on mainstream outlets two months ago.

Invented the pen license. His kind of a big deal

Attached: image.png (500x375, 98K)

>Yet only Einstein made the right conection and had the missing piece in his mind about space.time relativetly.
Space-Time relativity was developed by Minkowski in 1908, three years after Einstein published his work on Special Relativity. Einstein did not understand the paper at first. He did use the ideas in his General Relativity paper, which again Hilbert deserves partial credit for. We use Minkowski's version of SR.

You are factually wrong.

he was a communist swine
billy, a faggot, herrington dead
now this piece of shit
by the way his papers were worthless for humankind
i'm glad this faggot is finally dead

When did this whole board forget how theoritical physics research works? The influx of arrogant normies who can't accept there are smarter people than them is insane.

>literally almost 1 full century on earth
>his 1 (ONE) theory has yet to be proven
>g-g-give it a bit more time anons!

>he was a communist swine
>billy, a faggot, herrington dead
>now this piece of shit
>by the way his papers were worthless for humankind
>i'm glad this faggot is finally dead

Well said. Lucifer

TL;DR time travellers were BTFO by the Hawk

Be Hawk. Hypothesis: If time is x plus xy then I should throw a time travellers party and tell nobody until after the fact. If time travelling was possible in the past, the present or future then I will have a visitor. If nobody arrives I have just disproved time travel.

This might also be why he states humans destroy themselves within the next 100 years.

Attached: ezgif-5-df7218195d.gif (250x141, 2.32M)

lucifer, the bringer of light, yes
as opposed to that crippled faggot and the other faggot that became a meme and then died in a car crash, like a fucking retard he was
like a typical faggot with mental illness

w-what about Einstein's contribution to photoelectrics?

You mean Johnny Nash

Attached: nash.jpg (1024x1024, 144K)

Does anyone need to doubt jewish brainwashing? Half of you are emotionally compelled to defend Einstein. Seriously. Some user points out that Einstein gets credit for something he shouldn't and you are emotionally bound to either bring up something else you think Einstein did or at least praise him generally. How can you do that, look back at you posts, and still not see you are a jewish stooge? Who gives a fuck? Shouldn't people get credit for what they did? Why are you compelled to praise and defend Einstein? Fucking weirdos.

>lucifer, the bringer of light, yes

Physicists have been hiding the Universe for years with their Definitions to keep their jobs.
Let c = 3 x 10^8 space / time by defining space: "The meter is the length of the path
travelled by light in vacuum during a time interval of 1/300 000 000 of a second."

1 / c^4 = 0.123456789... x 10^-33 time^4 / space^4
1 / c^4 = 0.123456789... x 10^-33 s^4 / m^4

Physicists are a joke. Lucifer

he told the story of mankind's indestructible and legendary perseverance

The likes of Hawking will NEVER rank alongside true genius like Einstein, Newton, North and Musk

Top bait.

You do realize a ton of time-travelers actually showed up right? They just asked him not to reveal it to the public.

He wrote a "cosmology for dummies" type book or two.
He's also quite marketable as a genius of the age trapped in the prison of his own body.

He was in the big bang theory and that's what people will remember him for...think about that

I’m going to give up anonymity for a moment.

My name is John Brandt, I am 39 years old, I live in Birmingham Alabama.

Today I am sad for the loss of a fellow human being. I am welled up with tears and impotent anger at what will be all our shared fate.

>photoelectric effect
All his. Dude came up with the concept of the photon, one of the most important ideas of modern physics.
>special relativity
Minkowski and Lorentz made some observations that were not cohesively explained until Einstein derived all their stuff from first principles. Also, relativistic electrodynamics are all his.
>Bose-Einstein condensate
Bose came up with the idea but Einstein gave the measurable predictions that were not confirmed until ~70 years later
>General relativity
Many people attempted it but only Einstein could properly derive the field equations, and even he took 10 years to do it. He wasn't very good in Riemanian manifolds, and when you study GR today it all seems like babby's first differential geometry course, but Einstein was the only person at the time who did it. Hilbert: “Every boy in the streets of Gottingen understands more about four–dimensional geometry than Einstein. Yet, . . . Einstein did the work and not the mathematicians”
>microscopic origins of diffusion constant
All his, pretty much kickstarted modern kinetic theory
>Einstein laser coefficients
All his, derived several years before quantum theory could properly derive the same result. He just guessed the answer on intuitive grounds and turned out to be 100% correct.
>EPR paradox
Mostly his. Ever when he was wrong, his mistake set the course of fundamental QT research until the late eighties. It took over 30 years for the best minds of the field to prove that he was actually wrong.
>heat capacity of solids
I'll give you that, Debye kicked his ass on this one
He had the GOAT physics career, dude. 10% is still better than the careers of some Nobel laureates.

Attached: Color-online-Temperature-dependent-phonon-specific-heat-The-Debye-term-and-Einstein.png (850x631, 254K)

How does this contradict anything that was said? And you are just putting the best possible spin on things, which is fine, but you aren't debunking anything. 90% of what people, not just normies but people here, say Einstein did he didn't do. What is so offensive about giving people credit for what they actually did?

What people don't realize is that he had about 6 or 7 maids who took care of him, dressed him, washed him, fed him, and brought him whatever he wanted. And that hawking was pretty much a diva and weird as fuck. I used to know one of stephen hawking's nursemaids and she said he would constantly ask for his nurses to bring him random shit around the house. Like one time I remember my friend telling me he made her bring him a featherduster and put it in his lap and he just stared at it for 10 minutes and made her put it away. Other times it might be a box of tissues or an alarm clock or something. I think he just liked having other people get him stuff. And he fucking loved watching TV but wouldn't watch for more than 15 minutes at a time, after which he would demand them to turn the TV off and let him sit in quiet for another 5 minutes, then want it back on, and then back off. There was no pleasing the guy.

I actually got to meet him once. He smelled really fucking bad. My friend warned me about the smell cause apparently he shits himself a lot and doesn't like getting cleaned unless he has to make a public appearance and that sometimes he just wallows in his own shit. But man, he smelled like a mix of old people and farts. When I met him I think he was getting ready for a bath cause he wasn't hooked up to his computer thing and was just in a regular chair, and I wasn't allowed to speak to him. He stared at me the entire time. Wouldn't stop staring. Wouldn't make direct eye contact either, he just looked at my shirt. Was creepy as fuck.

overall one of the strangest and creepiest guys I've ever met.

>amazed that a paralytic guy can't clean himself and therefore smell bad
Well, no shit Sherlock
^
Your IQ must be at least >240 to understand this joke

HE WAS THE WHEELCHAIR SCIENCE MAN
fuck you

>He stared at me the entire time. Wouldn't stop staring. Wouldn't make direct eye contact either, he just looked at my shirt. Was creepy as fuck.

I wonder why a man who was completely paralyzed didn't have the normal facial expressions of a human being

oh hi Zeno, it's been a while

he inspired people

People got buttblasted at him for saying that taking pride on your IQ made you an idiot

EINSTEIN STOLE HIS IDEAS FROM WHITES!!

WE

WUZ

EINSTEINZ

Attached: wewuz.jpg (827x1040, 816K)

Peter North?

>People got buttblasted at him for saying that taking pride on your IQ made you an idiot
Because that is classic countersignalling and only done by people with really high IQs. The point is that he is both saying he is smarter than you and calling you arrogant. It is egotistical as fuck.

This