How does Veeky Forums feel about this?

How does Veeky Forums feel about this?

Attached: explainthis.jpg (720x460, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289607000463
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hawking was WITHOUT ANY DOUBT the greatest most accomplished scientist ever.

Attached: chrispike.jpg (450x337, 41K)

We've always known this; if you want to see major damage control ask /pol/

Only brainlets pretend IQ doesn't matter

/pol/ already decided they hate everything he stands for because he's left-wing

Our generation still has a bright mind to look up to

Attached: 98e.jpg (724x258, 35K)

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Even a smart person is wrong sometimes.

IQ is a very controversial metric precisely because it is an accurate measure and has large implications as a result.

Maybe it's true for many but it's not inherent. You can be both successful and actually smart and boast about IQ or have no redeeming qualities except a high score on an online IQ test.
Someones claims about their IQ isn't enough information. Furthermore there are discussions where a talent for logical problems or fast learning would are relevant to mention.

Low IQ post

This. As somebody with an IQ of 107, I find it quite humorous when pathetic plebs like get jealous

also this. Pic-related

Attached: Trump's IQ.png (533x296, 82K)

>As somebody with an IQ of 107

Attached: 1492283325698.jpg (339x339, 16K)

This is why this board is a fucking joke, high schoolers like you are obsessed with this measure that only works when the average is 100 instead of actually learning.

This haha fuck.

But IQ is worth fuck all if you don't cultivate the skills and character to utilize it.
>t. Neet with diagnosed ADD and depression that can't afford meds for either.

Legit question: is an IQ of 100 in America is the same as in say Norway or Congo, DR? Is it an internationally defined score?

An IQ test from 50 years ago will give you a significantly higher value because it's based on comparing your score to the current average, it's a subjective measurement.

Yeah, but what I'm asking if I for example did 124 (my score from from ten years ago in high-school, though I'm definitely not as sharp anymore) on a test and did another test in another country immediately afterwards would it still be about 124? Or would it be 200 in Congo and 80 in Japan?

124 is 124 everywhere. Also, the difference between countries isn't even that much, average in america is probably 99, average in japan might be 102... it's not that big of a difference anyway. Only matters when you start talking about ethiopa and shit

average black IQ in america is like 85
mestizo's maybe 90

I believe the asians relentlessly cheat on IQ (or any other) test
So I wouldn't trust any of the claim they have higher IQ's than whites.

This map puts the entire developed world between ten points with averages. Brown countries aren't doing too good, but nigger countries are just disaster zones, whether they're in Africa or the Caribbean.

Attached: world_iq.png (1357x800, 28K)

Depends if the test was normalized to give 100 for the negros in the congo, or normalized for Japan

Just further proof that the real man was actually a vegetable, and the people impersonating him through a talking computer (it's fucking ridiculous how people actually fell for something this stupid) were too afraid to give concrete answers for the question in fear that they couldn't actually achieve the score they claim if confronted with an actual test.

>JohnCohen1
>1

easy for him to say he has IQ privilege

It's true. Being proud of your IQ is like being proud of your race, it's not indicative at all of your own personal accomplishments, and so its a cheap way to feel accomplished without having actually done anything, which i think would have someone meet all the requirements for being a loser

it's true. IQ doesn't matter. the brain is all made of the same star stuff. it's science.

Attached: Felix.jpg (654x420, 49K)

exactly. why would you be proud of your ancestry and heritage when you could be proud of doing a really good powerpoint presentation at work, or what you bought on amazon.com last night?

Attached: Raphael_School_of_Athens.jpg (3697x2414, 2.45M)

different kinds of proud. if you take pride in the works of raffaello as if they're your accomplishments you're a fucking retard. if you haven't accomlisheh anything in your life you're still a retard, raffaello can't save you.

>different kinds of proud
how convenient

>But IQ is worth fuck all if you don't cultivate the skills and character to utilize it.
Didn't the guy with the world's highest IQ become a farmer? Maybe he knows something we don't.

it's so retarded to understand your place in history as part of something greater than yourself.

Attached: 1515712732880.jpg (584x889, 112K)

well if you put it that way you're missing the bigger picture entirely. our species will go extinct, the earth will be swallowed by the sun leaving no trace of anything that happened and your place in history is utterly pointless and meaningless

Success and position in life is a triad of IQ, personality, and environment like connections and socio-economic status

you can be a brilliant IQ 145 motherfucker but if your personality tends towards depression and self defeat then you'll never elevate out of the poor family you were born into

whereas a dumbfuck IQ 90 with a self-driven personality with certain ties to the son of CEO whitestraightmaleson will go far in life.

i don't understand how the fact that something is going to die makes it pointless. or why something even needs to have a "point" to be meaningful. you are going to die as a much smaller blip than your race and people, and yet you care about yourself.

have you ever considered that your passive nihilism might just be a cover for being a little bitch too afraid to actually stand or fight for anything?

Attached: Poor_Nietzsche.jpg (720x683, 96K)

>An IQ test from 50 years ago will give you a significantly higher value because it's based on comparing your score to the current average
This is not true.
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289607000463

> The decline of the world's IQ

> Dysgenic fertility means that there is a negative correlation between intelligence and number of children. Its presence during the last century has been demonstrated in several countries. We show here that there is dysgenic fertility in the world population quantified by a correlation of − 0.73 between IQ and fertility across nations. It is estimated that the effect of this has been a decline in the world's genotypic IQ of 0.86 IQ points for the years 1950–2000. A further decline of 1.28 IQ points in the world's genotypic IQ is projected for the years 2000–2050. In the period 1950–2000 this decline has been compensated for by a rise in phenotypic intelligence known as the Flynn Effect, but recent studies in four economically developed countries have found that this has now ceased or gone into reverse.

Hawking confirmed brainlet

>the world's IQ
Probably has more to do with the exploding population of SSA which by and large consists of 60-80~ average IQ countries

>>recent studies in four economically developed countries have found that this has now ceased or gone into reverse.

Which are experiencing a long term flood of migration from said low IQ countries

Low IQ post

Attached: not an argument 11.jpg (960x733, 47K)

>argue for taking pride in the accomplishments of others
>post Nietzsche jpg
>probably unaware of the irony

Attached: c62.jpg (546x700, 136K)

Non-argument to refute your non-argument.

No shit, sherlock!
No, having a high IQ doesn't mean that everything is downloaded into your brain like in The Matrix. Yes, you still have to put work in.

That's not really the fucking point. There are still inherent differences in people and some people have potential that is much greater than others, and it's not wrong to be proud of happy about having that potential, or to feel superior for having that potential. That potential always sits waiting to be tapped into.

they are fucking everywhere

that's not what "subjective" means

Let's look at Stephen Hawking's body of work:

>Black hole radiation
important for some abstract theoretical problems, but not really that useful. It wasn't even his idea, he just further developed it.

>Black hole information loss
one of the most important theorems of his career. Turns out he was totally wrong, and called it his "greatest blunder". Once this theorem was called into question, he scrambled around, trying to justify it through all kinds of bizarre means. Such as parallel universes, and alternate topology.

>Higgs-Boson
in a bizarre display of ego, Hawking went way outside his own field to declare that the Higgs-Boson would never be found. Despite having no background in particle physics whatsoever, he opened up a public debate with Peter Higgs himself. In a great demonstration of karma, he was completely blown the fuck out just a few years later when the Higgs-Boson was found.

Many of his papers were just these very abstract theoretical musings about cosmology, and were very often completely unhinged. Like his bizarre claim that time would "run backwards" once the universe started contracting (a claim which he later retreated from, after being publicly humiliated)

>it's not wrong to be proud of happy about having that potential, or to feel superior for having that potential.
It is retarded to feel proud of anything you didn't do.

>IQ is a very controversial metric precisely because it is an accurate measure

IQ is disregarded and belongs to pop-sci territory for the past 40 years because it wasn't considering social background bias and it tried to quantify something that couldn't be explained by numbers.

>social background bias
t. nigger

>According to my opinion, I'm the smartest
Wow, you must be really smart to come to that conclusion!

How can you not afford antidepressants or adderall? They're both generic and cheap AF

I'd recommend using GoodRX to find the best prices and always go generic. Walmart and Publix pharmacies are usually pretty good

this is why people pause when you talk and continue after you stopped as if someone pressed the play button again

Wut?

Anti-/pol/ faggots are nothing more then butthurt leftists masking their hatred of reality. (Such as IQ denial) they need to GTFO. Thankfully, that time is approaching closer every year.

>It is retarded to feel proud of anything you didn't do.

Guess we better teach parents never to be proud of their child.

Attached: 1520883833685.jpg (1080x694, 90K)

I rather cannot afford the psychiatrist hours required to get a prescription for either. I got diagnosed before but wasn't given a prescription and that's been years ago.

This so much. Hawkings is a hack scientist.

A general practitioner can prescribe antidepressants for sure if that's cheaper for you.

Idk man, 2 visits to the psychiatrist without any insurance would probably be 300 dollars max. I think the value lost from your life from being depressed and constantly distracted is worth way more than that.

You said yourself that you feel like you haven't lived up to your potential.

Also if you're so poor that you can't afford insurance, can't you get like Medicaid or something?

there's nothing worng with you user.

if you can communicate with others, your mind is intact.

work on your emotional state, that's on you bro

and don't lsiten to that redneck spasti, you're good

He might have been clever in his early years, but due to his condition his brain will have been starved of oxygen numerous times. He's even attempted to kill himself by holding his breath.

I doubt he had many brain cells left. People give this brainlet more credit than he deserves.

He's not wrong. That's not to say that IQ is a pointless metric, but people who brag about it generally do so because they have nothing that is actually worth bragging about.

You couldn't handle the complex tasks of being a ceo with 90 IQ.

Algerian 125 but I'm a Berber, not a nigger. The avg IQ is probably because of the Tuareg down south

Tbh I've never considered government aid in that manner and don't want to get mad shit for it. You have a point in that it isn't a kidney in terms of price.

I feel this way sometimes but I'm very conflicted on whether or not I need to get help since trying to deal with it internally hasn't been working.

You could even become the president of the USA with an IQ of 90

when you can't find the answers....

I like how he says “on my first try” but he ran for president in 2000

and you have to be even more retarded to take people who you think belong to the same group as yous accomplishments are the same accomplishments as yours

IQ is important though. Its what separates us from primative animal beings such as the blacks

Low IQ brainlet post

As shown by many people on Veeky Forums, IQ is pretty useless since so many people with high scores do absolutely nothing of worth except brag about their high number.

more like the monumentous and numerous achievements in science, art, infrastructure, culture, engineering, politics, etc etc
IQ is worth fuck all without achievements

Those are all the result of us having superior intellgience

but superior intelligence doesn't hand you achievments
don't have achievments and dumb => fucking loser
don't have achievments and smart => fucking loser

What do you mean by "Mad shit" for it? If you need some help, you need some help. You don't have to be a complete leech to get some government benefits.
If something is available to you that can help you, why not use it? You only live once and get one chance to be happy, why should you care what other people think?

My depression was genetic (mom, grandma, sister have it), and I procrastinated on getting it treated, but honestly now that I'm on meds, I regret not going years ago. It could have prevented years of needless misery

>us

Them. The accomplishments are of the people who made them. You’ve accomplished nothing and do not deserve credit for the work of others.

You think blacks could invent what white people did? If so, monkeys would have written language by now and animals would have civilizations

My father has ADHD and I think my depression is secondary depression caused by my ADHD and external stress factors (that weren't caused by the ADHD but weren't handled properly from it either).

I'll look into getting it done, thanks.

You talk like someone who thinks he has high intelligence but with no achievements. You are a fucking loser.

That's like saying the language you're speaking isn't yours because you didn't invent it. The mere fact of the matter is bevause I am an evobled human being and not an ape, I am capable of itinstrad of speaking all in ooga booga and tongue clicks

Sorry for phone posting but gotta leave soon so excuse the typos

My first grade IQ was over 1961

YHWH Allah
(LORD God)

Attached: happy Pi Day, new SI Unit.jpg (1024x1024, 95K)

Less than 2000 is an idiot.

i find this interesting as well

That’s quite possibly the most retarded thing I’ve ever read on this site. Literal ape tier logic. Language is an ever growing ever changing society-wide requirement for proper communication and wasn’t just “invented”. Art and inventions are the accomplishments of those who created it. If little billy makes dank macaroni art and his mom puts it on their fridge, his brother trying to take credit for it by way of being related is just as retarded as you trying to feel superior to anyone else for doing nothing while others achieve things. You are the lazy nigger in a group project who sits on his phone the whole time and gets butthurt when the rest of the group tells the teacher he didn’t help and doesn’t deserve a good grade.

Dumb faggots who do nothing, despite their potential to do something, are still dumb faggots.

You use the word nigger, so at least I assume that we can agree that they are lesser than human beings, right?

But he boycotted israelite organisations in support of palestine

I never said the dumbass would become a CEO himself, he would just find more success in life than the depressed and oppressed genius.

CEOs are overglorified mascots for companies to shareholders/investors. Unless the CEO himself invented/built/managed/invested into a company from its birth, any sub-100 IQ moron can pretend to be CEO and sign off on whatever deals his actual masters tell him to do. They simply have to be charismatic enough to be associated with whatever product or service is being provided. These mascots will face the public backlash whenever shit hits the fan, maybe even serve cushy jail time, but will be rewarded with a Golden parachute to take the fall.

Depends on what you mean by lesser. If I encounter a smart black dude will I think less of him because he was born darker than I was? No. Do I think a lot of black dudes are in the aforementioned dumb faggot category? Yeah I’d agree to that. But I refuse to discount any person who is intelligent as anything less due to factors outside of their control, be it their race or the actions of their kin. Same way I’m not thinking highly of anyone who hasn’t done anything or shown they worthy of being held in high regard.

>man with 9"x 5" trouser snake tells other men to not be self conscious about their size
Lmoa

(((Cohen)))

Attached: 1520897710273.png (843x1102, 37K)

IQ tests are meaningless. The test they were based on was originally developed in France to determine if kindergarteners were ready to move on to the first grade. IQ test results just tell you how much smarter you are than a kid in kindergarten. A psychologist named H.H. Goddard started marketing the test as an intelligence test that applied to everyone and not just kids just so he could have an excuse to practice Eugenics in America.

Every board is /pol/. I love it my brothers.

>The test they were based on was originally developed in France to determine if kindergarteners were ready to move on to the first grade
I never understood this argument. Astronomy originally branched off from astrology, does that make astronomy meaningless? You do realize that IQ tests as administered today have NOTHING in common with IQ tests from 100 years ago, right?

On a related note do you think the general public will ever be aware of the state of mainstream psychometrics research and of its results, or will the stranglehold the media has on public opinion always silence the scientific reality of intelligence?

When it starts being malleable through genetic technologies

It's an anonymous site so obviously if the admins allow human garbage to post on it, they'll overrun everything over time. The important fact here though is that you are despised by everyone with a valuable opinion. This will always be true no matter how many hours you spend circle jerking with your intellectual equivalents on bottom of the barrel websites like this.

nigger

I'll explain in more depth.

Right now there is no cost as an individual for stating "IQ is stupid". It is a nice virtue signal and majority of people have average IQ. For selfish reasons it makes sense and because of the leftist hold might as well to incur as little personal suffering as possible.

Majority of people will never deal with or encounter the results of the problems associated. Having a family member or friend murdered by someone low IQ is still fairly low odds. Also not many people legitimately care about societal progress unless it benefits themselves.

When the incentives begin to align around a selfish individual; aka using technology to increase the IQ and health of their own child or a closely related child. At this point they will go through with it.

It never had to do with believing in IQ or not. We all know it exists at a common sense level. The social things people say about IQ are not things anyone, including black or liberal people believe.