University extends exam times for women's benefit

Women are just as intellectually capa....
telegraph.co.uk/education/2018/02/01/oxford-university-extends-exam-times-womens-benefit/
>"female candidates might be more likely to be adversely affected by time pressure"

Attached: lisa.jpg (800x450, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/education/2018/02/01/oxford-university-extends-exam-times-womens-benefit/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No way, IQ distributions were right again? Nonsense, somehow patriarchy is behind this and I'm going to get to the bottom of this!

Attached: 1520183923942.png (476x635, 292K)

Imposter syndrome and test taking anxiety is pretty well documented in women. Makes sense that if they perform as well given accomodations, that they'd get similar scores.

It's supposed to be what you know, not how fast you do it, isn't it?

then why not give men more time too?

>It's supposed to be what you know, not how fast you do it, isn't it?

Is this the type of arguments leftists are gonna use when they realize racial equality really is a lie?

>telegraph.co.uk/education/2018/02/01/oxford-university-extends-exam-times-womens-benefit/

CLARIFICATION: This article's original headline, "Oxford gives women more time to pass exams", has been changed to further clarify that although exam times have been extended specifically to help women do better, all students will benefit from the extra time allowed.

That's what they're doing.

And even if they weren't I'd say give men more time too, no reason not to.

It's only 15 minutes. If we feel so threatened by women that an extra 15 minutes on an exam makes us cry, we might be a little too fragile.

they have been. read the article.

>When you can't even read and understand a simple headline but complain about women being stupid
Lmao

>intellectual capacity is measured by how fast you are at exams
Wow, you guys were quite quick to demonstrate your lack of intellectual capacity

please read the artical before posting

The sad thing is that you're not even a woman trying to defend women, you're just a fucking beta cuck.

the thing is, giving everyone more time is likely to boost men's scores as much as women's scores. this is going to completely backfire on them.

it's not even that, it's just unfair to extend the time limit just for women

It's not about the fact that theyre getting more time.
it's about the fact that they're making this a feminist, and thus a political issue. if oxford simply said "hey, lets give students more time for tests", no one would bat an eye. But what they're saying is that women are being oppressed by short test times that "favor men", and that's the reason they give for making the change.

PLEASE READ THE ARTICLE BEFORE POSTING IS THIS THREAD THANKS

How hard is it to understand 7 simple words?
>oxford-university-extends-exam-times
>womens[sic]-benefit
No, they did not "extend exam times womens".

Being quick at problem solving is one of the best indicators of intelligence.

Attached: 936.jpg (625x626, 33K)

I don't understand, everyone gets more time now so wouldn't the men just out-compete the women even more?

>ITT: Veeky Forums cannot comprehend a simple 6-paragraph web news article

>>"female candidates might be more likely to be adversely affected by time pressure"
It's right there in the OP

Being able to solve problems is a far better indicator

You guys are missing the real problem here. This undermines the grades of the top-tier students by giving the worse students more leeway. Due to this, it will be more difficult to recognize the talented students and it will decrease the worth of the degree for everyone since dumber people can now pass the courses.

Brilliancy will be lost and the reputation of the university degree will suffer.

Attached: 3dc.jpg (2048x2043, 274K)

So women are stupid? If they require more time to do the same thing, that means they aren't as smart, and if the males are not negatively affected either way, they're better.

Time is limited and is also money tho

If something so little as giving everyone 15 minutes extra time makes it impossible for you to distinguish yourself from your less talented peers then you probably weren't more talented than them in the first place

But they've been constantly lowering the bar with similar excuses. I'm thinking about the greater picture here.

>making the margin of error bigger will do nothing to the quality of the results
please reconsider what you've posted. that was a truly terrible post.

Not him but the greater picture is that most future jobs outside of college are not going to set a hard limit in terms of time for you to figure out a series of resolutions to. If there's going to be a hard limit it's typically going to be for resources not time.

Also if anyone bothered to read the article,

>However, despite the intention being to lessen gender discrepancies, the main effect of the time increase appears to have been an increase in the number of 2:1s overall, with 2:2 figures falling. Men continued to be awarded more first class degrees than women in the two subjects.

So much for undermining top performers...

>Dr this patient's ventilator just failed, what should we do?
>give me 15 minutes first to work it out please, as a woman I need this to perform my job to the highest standard.
>patient dies.

Attached: stay salty.jpg (852x474, 243K)

What does this have to do with science and math? Your /r9k/ tier shit has no place here. Fuck off.

>I'm sorry to inform you mister Tao, but you are now officially retarded, as decided by a chinese basket weaving forum
>Why? Because it took you years to come up with a proof of Erdos discrepancy problem

Proving a theory is a universal job that most of those students mentioned in the article will definitely go on to do...

Attached: shindig.jpg (250x250, 15K)

because women are well documented to suffer from various effects that increase test anxiety, and more time allieviates those issues that women face more often

Firstly, it was a conjecture
Secondly, it is 100 times more likely that they will prove theories than that they will work as doctors, because they study MATH and COMPUTER SCIENCE, you braindead retard

racist and sexist much

>Secondly, it is 100 times more likely that they will prove theories than that they will work as doctors

I wouldn't be so sure about that considering how few math/CS students actually go for PhD after graduating. Don't tell me you actually have a bias hereand defend this shit because you would benefit from that extra 15 minutes.

Attached: 1517308995678.png (450x500, 256K)

>I wouldn't be so sure about that considering how few math/CS students actually go for PhD after graduating.
Load of bullshit you sucked out of your ass. Even if it were true - again, it isn't - you don't need a PhD to prove something
>Don't tell me you actually have a bias here
Yes, I'm biased against retarded opinions
>defend this shit because you would benefit from that extra 15 minutes.
No, I don't defend it because I would benefit from that extra 15 minutes. But I would obviously benefit from these extra 15 minutes - just like LITERALLY EVERYONE else. Smarter people moreso than stupid people, since they would be able use the time better

I mostly agree, but you know damn well no one would agree to it if it wasn't political or making money off students.

Well argued bro, you sure showed them with that vibrant reasoning.

You expect me to read that clickbait article

If you can get perfection in 1 hour, then 1 hour and 15 minutes is not going to improve upon that.

Attached: slap.gif (384x204, 3.94M)

how many fingers do you have up your vag right now

says the flunkie lowbrow

I always finished the tests in half the time or less with sometimes 100% score and nearly always 99%+
>Why so many fucktards needed the test time, let alone more

I find it kinda stupid that some of you are making such a big deal about giving people more time in tests. I have noticed that at least in my case, I can't solve simple problems as fast as other people, but if you give me more time I can solve all those problems and many more than those people can't, even if they also get more time.
I have scored quite high in two standardized tests in my country, but you wouldn't tell that I am smart in a classroom because I find it hard to pay attention to class, it takes me more time than most people to think of the answer to a problem and I struggle to understand language due to my poor concentration.
Some people are saying that if you give both men and women more time they will both perform better in the same degree and the change will be ultimately useless. That's wrong, some people won't perform any better despite having more time and others will do much better. The article says that this will help women, but it will help anyone that is good at analysing stuff but has poor concentration and working memory.
Being able to solve problems faster does make you smarter, but being able to solve the problems in the first place is what matters the most. As far as I know, IQ tests already give more importance to verbal and spatial reasoning and pattern recognition. Working memory and "being fast" don't have as much of an impact in your IQ.

I think it's good and we need that here as well. It doesn't matter if you're male or female, you shouldn't be denied a chance to get the answer because of an arbitrary time constraint.

>It's supposed to be what you know, not how fast you do it, isn't it?
wrong, one of the main the points of schooling is to filter people based upon intelligence and work ethic. The speed at which tasks are completed is an important metric for filtering people.

Being fast at getting stuff done may demonstrate work ethic and will make the guys do better in college and in the workplace. But it does not necessarily mean that they are more intelligent than their peers. In an academic context such as a test, it matters far more to be able to answer the questions than to answer them quickly.

Lots of "fast" guys in your company is a good way to bleed money. People that are good and fast are very few and far apart. Once you work with a few fast guys you'll learn to appreciate someone who takes longer to complete tasks but you don't have to clean up after his mistakes like you do with the fast guy.

>women wasting prime reproductive years getting college educations