What is dark matter?

What is dark matter?
>in your opinion
>go wild

Attached: dark-matter.jpg (1900x1425, 329K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A
vixra.org/abs/1712.0598
2occatl.net/1712.0598v2.pdf
drive.google.com/file/d/1sXrFZhMo9OjoauL0SgAvpSxD_8qaAYi0/view?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=KmotCQCxQEI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its the stuff typhon from Prey and black holes are made of

Nothing

ur face faggit

ikr, people come up with bullshit explanations and they don't even understand how gravity works.

it's what QM collapsed waves turn into

Trapped conduits of PMUs.
Remember. No half A presses.

youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A

It sure as hell aint a neuron.

Loosely connected "solid" objects emitting an invisible force that keeps them together.
Are you sure about that?

Attached: download+(1)_1448918576.jpg (268x268, 31K)

Reality seeping into the dream

Just random shit that doesn't reflect much or give off much energy. Basically, space sand.

+1

The souls of the people and pets who died

A ton of neutrinos?

Satan. Science is trying to summon pure evil into our hearts and this is proof of it

Me.

Well, I don't like it.

There is no dark matter. We are currently in a space bent from gravity. Thus we see things far from us moving faster than they actually do. Because time is slower here and we see galaxy spin in "fast forward" mode.
>easy

It is mostly made of phlogiston and luminiferous aether.

Attached: don't like it.jpg (512x384, 30K)

Why not. After all 90% of the energy given away in super novae is actually neutrinos.

surprised noone's mentioned the Niggerdicks Conjecture

a big rounding error

Quality shilling right there

dark matter is the name we give to the anomaly which leads to the unexpected galactic rotation curves. I do not think this anomaly will be resolved with magic invisible particles. I think it will be resolved through the assumption of galactic geometry which is more complicated than the simplest possible geometry that is consistent with the 2D images of galaxies that our telescopes record.

>see the final section in my book
>The General Relevance of the Modified Cosmological Model
MIRROR 1: vixra.org/abs/1712.0598
MIRROR 2: 2occatl.net/1712.0598v2.pdf
MIRROR 3: drive.google.com/file/d/1sXrFZhMo9OjoauL0SgAvpSxD_8qaAYi0/view?usp=sharing

Attached: Nature.jpg (600x450, 264K)

what like 30% off?

dark matter is the souls of 1500 gang raped british girls.

To clarify the above's comment about galactic rotation curves: the amount of mass that we observe in galaxies is not enough to keep the galaxies together according to our current model. Since the galaxies aren't flying apart, we must assume there is some unseen matter in each galaxy that accounts for the missing mass, this is what we call dark matter.

an example I like is grains of sand on a plate. If you spin the plate slowly the force of friction will hold the sand in place and move in a circle. If you spin the plate fast then the sand will fly off.

Now let the sand be stars and the friction be gravity. The stars on the outer edge of the plate are moving too fast for what we understand the gravity to be.

Pic related, some people think magic invisible particles will reconcile the upper curve with the lower one. I am not one of those people.

Want to read about something PATENTLY ABSURD? read about the dark energy chameleon field.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 130K)

unallocated memory
the universe is a computer obviously

The very first thing you have to learn about the universe is that it wasn't made for us to like it.

Problem is that this is just one of the current evidences for dark matter. There are several others that are unrelated to galaxy rotation and that severely constrain the theoretical possibilities, the wiki page actually explains it pretty well.

We can even know quite well where the Dark Matter is, so it we are very sure that it is some form of matter and not an error in the theory (this isn't as clear for dark energy).

My take on it is that it is just some form of very boring uninteractive particle.

just adding that the Bullet Clustes is the smoking gun evidence regarding this. It pretty much kills any hypothesis that try to explain Dark Matter as some kind of different gravity.

Its an endless sea of pussy

>We can even know quite well where the Dark Matter is, so it we are very sure that it is some form of matter
this is wrong. there is no evidence for magical invisible particles, or any of the things you could reasonable call "matter which is dark"

What do you refer to as evidence for dark matter beside the galactic rotation curves? To which wiki do you refer?

>the Bullet Clustes is the smoking gun evidence
I disagree. The evidence is only "smoking" when you assume a cluster geometry that is the simplest possible one consistent with the 2D images of the cluster

Holy fuck Veeky Forums.

>Dark Matter

End science.

this
dark matter is just a memory leak

a shitload of black stuff that we go trough and shit

So it's not an ivsible heavy, yet non-interactive particle that's supposed to be all around us? How unexpected!

Dark matter is what connects Universes together. If you somehow remove Sun and this event is linked to a random subatomic event that may or may not occur then you discover that Sun's gravity is still there, it just dissipates slowly, because Sun is withdrawn from nearby parallel Universes not at the same time, but gravity penetrates all layers of Multiverse and we will see "gravity fade". So dark matter is just matter that does not belong to our Universe.

It's the perfidious ether.

Kill yourself.

They say that "gravitons" are open strings and are supposed to go through dimentions, right? So if there's some type of matter in the other dimentions it interacts with "our" matter via gravity? Is that what you're saying? Very interesting if so. Thanks for your contribution.

An explanation for the unexplained.

Physically real.

Wild, I know, but you asked.

Placeholder

A meme name for a force we haven't really discovered.

I don't like it... its coarse, rough and gets everywhere

The more empty space the higher the k value of the dielectric (vacuum). This is dark matter.

>What is dark matter?

An excuse.

Here is my crazy mentors idea on what it is. He is dead now, like my interest in physics.

Attached: 001.png (1756x857, 371K)

>What is dark matter?

The Old Ones

One link in an endless chain of attempts to explain how the universe works.

My dank alternative to dark matter:

We already know that the universe is expanding and that this will red shift electromagnetic waves as if they were coming from a lower gravitational state.

So if we say that the expansion of the universe also coincides with a uniform growth in gravitational potential except where there is matter. Then we very naturally get higher gravitational potential space around matter which is why galaxy's dont fly apart. Galaxy's are just filling scars left by matter slowing the expanding universe.

It can even explain how galaxy's, galactic clusters and super clusters form and what caused matter to break apart into chunks to begin with after the big bang.
During the early low entropy universe, the matter formed tiny cracks where slightly more expansion occurred until those areas had a higher gravitational potential and matter was less likely to go there. With this you get a feedback that will end up clustering matter. These "cracks" formed on different scales at different times during the early universe.

This is such a simple solution that I know someone must have thought of it before, which makes me think it doesn't fit our models or observations. I haven't been able to find anything on this searching for it though.

If most of the universe is dark matter and it doesn't interfere or block photons would it not have to be transparent?

its analogous to "junk" DNA, aka redundancy for all the shit that goes sour constantly so it can be replaced with no one noticing.

I'm new to Veeky Forums, is it an equal balance of shitposts and serious answers a la this thread? I like it.

simple analogy;
dark matter is a ball of yarn constantly being knitted/crocheted into the already made universe.

I find shitposts here to be more entertaining that /pol/ for example.

Matter particles that do not interact with the electromagnetic force.

>what do you think dark matter is?
axions

>being this MOND in 2018

There's a good chance it doesn't exist, it could however. It was used to patch faulty maths which means we don't understand gravity's nuances properly. Here is an interesting documentary. Within the video the origins of the mathematics behind dark matter and related topics such as the big bang and expansion of the universe are explained.
youtube.com/watch?v=KmotCQCxQEI

a big fucking excuse

the precursor to declaring a wormhole has been found !

Probably some weird interaction with a field we don't even know about yet that is like electricity to magnetism for gravity.

THis in my opinion. They keep building ever more elaborate dark matter and WIMP detectors that they promise will find these particles in a few years for a decade now. They refuse to admit maybe they have gotten gravity over long distances wrong. Nope we have to go by this formula and damn our lying eyes if they say anything to the contrary it must be that 75% of the universe is invisible magic goo.

>we don't understand gravity!
Wow anons, you figured it out. When are you expecting your Nobel Prizes?

Attached: astrophysics.png (579x314, 27K)

energy due to computations which sustain lifeforms. stars, galaxies etc are all alive and their self sustaining interactions have energy which looks like gravitational mass.

Thanks for your contribution brainlet.

dark matter is something we don't understand yet

>all there brainlets it
Dark matter is just that: DARK matter. It is regular matter, just too dark to see.

Dark matter is a meme -> it does not exist

that's not really better though, instead of adding invisible mass we add an otherwise unprovable additional term to the equation describing gravity, without understanding why or how distance affects gravity in any detail
we don't just need to know what's causing this, we need to know how

Dark matter is photons

You're welcome

Your*
>brainlet confirmed

A variable invented to hide the fact that the Standard Model of Physic's basic physical prediction model does NOT accurately reflect observed reality by an error margin of 95%.

Dark Matter is an invisible pink unicorn.

Whenever the standard model is wrong, we don't go and 'find' this dark matter, we take the sum of the error and simply claim that that much is "dark," and we're not just wrong.

All evidence for Dark Matter relies on the circular premise of it existing and being orders of magnitude more common than observable matter.

>95% of all matter is dark or the Standard Model is wrong.

So it's "just like regular matter" and 19 times more common than regular matter but we can't feel it or find it?

A new BILLION dollar industry of guessing

dark matter exists way way way out there
>no use letting the nigger ruin our solar neighborhood
>yes they are all white male mega racists

>dark matter exists
This statement is roughly equal in credibility to all claims that it exists.

God exists, way way out there, too.

No, dark matter is what we invent so our models make sense.

There are other theories (string theory, for example) that don't require to invent large masses floating somewhere to make sense.

Everything I read says that Dark Matter is attracted to gravitational objects like stars and presumably planets too, at 95% of all matter in the universe, I guess you're right in saying it'd require being artificially removed from our region of space to not be here and yet still be real.

but but but but muh muh starry pinwheel!

This can't be true because Sol is one of the stars that doesn't move like the Standard Model says it's supposed and its movement too is corrected with "dark matter."

If Dark Matter isn't affecting our star, then Dark Matter has no effect on the gravitational force, yet its entire claimed purpose is to be an invisible effect on the gravitational force.

those don't exist either

muh muh muh muh mu h cave !

error +- 1,000,00000,000,0,00,0,00,0,00,0000 to the 500th

drkmtrgbsmny

Attached: dark quarks buck.png (555x791, 1.06M)

\thread

Hooey made up by scientists to get more funding.

Attached: _questionmark.png (250x418, 121K)

Holy fuck Veeky Forums.

>'X' Rays

End science.

It's like anti-existence, where you need it to balance out to existence

Yes, what the uneducated don't realise is that the 'dark' in 'dark matter' simply means it doesn't interact electromagnetically.

Given that we are already perfectly aware of a variety of particles that don't interact electromagnetically, invoking the existence of more isn't really that far-fetched.

>physics professor develops alzheimers and then rediscovers the effect of propagating orders of magnitude difference through simple math operations
>this is gravity

No such thing. Their models don't work so they filled the equations with arbitrary numbers.

That is hardly fair. Plenty of people have observed God. There is at least anecdotal evidence for God.

>hmm these galaxies don't behave like we think they should from previous observations
>better make up some cool sounding bullshit to make it seem like we know what we're doing!
>make sure that it acts in a way that's completely unobservable so we have to keep doing 'research'

Proof that blacks will conquer the earth and the universe.

this is a very cool sci-fi idea