Elon Musk is just the Henry Ford of rockets and hopefully electric cars

Elon Musk is just the Henry Ford of rockets and hopefully electric cars.

Why does everyone hate him so much?

Attached: theresamangoinround.jpg (996x576, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yf_MtzWY6RY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fakes shit: youtube.com/watch?v=yf_MtzWY6RY

Attached: wow cool.gif (501x230, 2.12M)

>what is sub-cooled liquid oxygen

he's a troll you doofus

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 6.17.54 PM.png (1488x1336, 551K)

He's a huckster with more than a touch of conman about him, but I don't hate him. I do hate his credulous fanbois.

"The Henry Ford of rockets and electric cars" is a great description for him, assuming he actually delivers on the Model 3.
People here hate him because he's extremely successful, extremely good at marketing and optics, and most of all his fanbase is extremely loud and annoying, and are the same people that Veeky Forums would describe as popsci retards.
Veeky Forums is contrarian, news at 11.

gets credit from annoying fanboys for work he didn't even create and his workerbase and family is treated like shit by him

to play into /that/ circlejerk, he's the Edison of the 21st century

Because everyone is acting like he actually designs the rockets and electric cars. He doesn't; the employees who work for him do.

He puts hype before all else which results in him having obnoxious OMG!SCIENCE! fans that don't know shit about science, engineering, mathematics, or in most case, even common sense. I hope he succeeds in all of his ventures but I can still hate the hype machine and personality cult he has built up around himself.

If he didn't want to be hated he shouldn't have started one of the most dishonest companies in the history of private space travel. Seriously each launch following the Falcon family as they “revolutionize the launch industry” has been indistinguishable from the rest. Aside from the meme landings, the company’s only party trick has been to overwork and underpay its employees to reduce launch costs, all to make the mythical “full and rapid reuse” seem effective.

Perhaps the die was cast when Musk vetoed the idea of ambitious yet realistic missions like Red and Grey Dragon; he made sure the company would never be mistaken for an innovative force to anything or anybody, just ridiculously questionable government contracts for his companies. SpaceX might be profitable (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-NASA in its refusal of wonder, science and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the landings are cool though
"No!"
The camerawork is dreadful; the landings of the charred boosters are boring. As I watch, I noticed that every time a Falcon 9 lands, Musk said either “self-sustaining civilization on Mars” or “imagine if you had a 747 and you threw it away after one flight.”

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time one of those phrases was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Musk's mind is so governed by clichés that he has no other style of thinking. Later I read a poorly-written news story on SpaceX by some fat web blogger. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching these launches now, surely they will work for SpaceX in the future and they too can have paychecks based off of government handouts." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you are a SpaceX fan, you are, in fact, trained to be a mindless supporter of government-funded billionaires.

Attached: 1478121667433.jpg (1089x621, 53K)

>spacex relies on government subsidies

Where did this meme come from? SpaceX is literally Musks most profitable venture. Vertical integration of rocket manufacturing dropped launch his costs before re-usability was even attempted.

The next fiscal year has them servicing $50 Billion worth of private and public contracts.

>The next fiscal year has them servicing $50 Billion worth of private and public contracts.
"No."

ahh, so he's exactly like Henry Ford and Thomas Edison.

>Why does everyone hate him so much?
Only Veeky Forums anons hate him.

Reddit Normies love him

>Henry Ford and Thomas Edison.
He is basically the Henry Ford / Thomas Edison of our time.

Why hate the guy who can give you a nice STEM dream job?

>everyone
Just a few flat-earth impotent autist retards.
Ignore the screams from the short bus windows.

Elon "Science" Musk

I don't mind Elon, in fact I think he is bretty cool and he does great work pushing dinosaur industries forward. His fanbase on the other hand, jesus christ, a bunch of screaming Redditors who think that despite having no practical skills, experience or capital assets, Elon will send them to Mars.

l m a o

Your talent is wasted on such a low traffic board

He is very rich and can hire people to do things. He is basically an ideaguy with money who takes credit from other people

Elon Musk is an antisemite? Wtf I hate him now.

Honestly fascinated at how much effort he puts into it. Almost makes me believe he might just be that retarded, and not just faking it

I like this pasta. Just the right amount of rectal anger to make it believable

He's stealing taxpayer money to fund his pyramid schemes.

Nothing wrong with an idea guy if he's also the money guy.
The no-name engineers/etc might by the real stars, but without the money they wouldn't be able to get much done.

He designed the Falcon 1.
Not because he wanted to, but because he couldn't hire anyone better.
He didn't design the Merlin engine, though. Luckily he roped in someone better for that.

>Henry Ford of electric cars
looks like someone hasn't heard of Rimac before

Attached: rimac-al-salone-di-ginevra-2018.jpg (1280x720, 87K)