Software dev

how many of you fags fell for the software dev meme?
startup culture is cringe cancer
Math specialty is where its at now, machine learning is all lin alg

Attached: 178770-004-43DF6220.jpg (550x306, 30K)

it's all about doin shit fast and cheap

no wasted electrons

while start up culture is cancer, being unemployed is far more cancerous. I wish I would have studied CS

i have a BS in CS and Im unemployed

the entire culture has devolved to cancer
hate going to class bc of retards in room who understood everything in hs blurting out stupid questions

I worked with a 20 year roofer who has a BS in CS, its not guaranteed

linear algebra isn't even higher level math though? its a 100 lvl course at my uni and the highest math you need for a bs... unless you need more than that for ML I don't see the reason for a math specialty

What shitty school doesn't require linear algebra for a cs degree?

>its a 100 lvl course

matrix algebra =/= linear algebra

you didn't do a serious linear algebra class then

Brainlet

It depends where you go. At my school, we have a differential equations and lin alg course, and then a comprehensive lin alg course for actual math majors later.

Computer Science is basically "I'm too lazy for pure math" degree anyway.

Pure mat is for people who would rather just fuck around with crossword puzzles than do anything useful.

>it's a math fags act like pajeets won't take their jobs too episode

>t. brainlet

Look, I'm happy you made a career out of your autistic need to find patterns everywhere, but that doesn't make you better than everyone.

Machine learning is still software dev u freaking idiot!! You'd be fine getting a cs degree to learn all the boring shit about ALUs and Haskell, then learn some extra math on the side to fill in the gaps.

Working at a defense company is comfy as fuck. Pay is less than private but you have great job security. It's hard to fire you since no one wants to pay $40k for a security clearance for your replacement. If you aren't a liberal cuck that doesn't want to design weapons to kill hodgies, defense is a great career.

I am more interested in a specific topic in mathematics, which is algorithms. This is what CS focuses on, which is why I majored in CS instead of mathematics.

I'm shit at programming and maths, so I'm studying chemistry, the only kind of math I understand