What's the coolest branch of Engineering?

What's the coolest branch of Engineering?

Attached: 1518889870480.jpg (1600x900, 367K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C7ZEzdPYQgU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Electric is pretty fucking cool when you think about it.

Optical or biomedical.

Refrigeration Engineering.

cryo engineering

Aerospace. But only in theory, not as actually practiced.

Mech

bump

software

lol

physics

Legos

>""Engineering""
>"Cool"

lol, not majoring in pure maths

Material Engineering is pretty cool.

Software

computergames

Geo

engineering is one step closer to becoming a wizard

gender engineering

checks prospectus for Honours in Lego eng.

civil engineering

inb4 meme engineering

>not wanting to show a qt all the buildings and creations that wouldn't exist without you

yea, keep on inventing your silly mechanisms only nerds on this board care about

Attached: 3927642987385.jpg (1200x800, 550K)

Penis Inspection Engineering

>wasting your time with bitches when you could be creating

so... Mechanical?

>you don't have time to create and procreate
yeah, if I can study some engineering course and still find the time to shitpost on Veeky Forums, I also have the time for bitches

it's not like you're going to work 24/7.

Won't be funny when software does your job for a fraction of the price and more accurately.

I'm sorry but pure maths is the exact opposite of "cool"

Attached: 1518485136887.png (645x729, 105K)

Any "real" engineering major. Impress business plebs with your starting salary even if it isn't all that high. Land some prime azn pussy after you graduate. Don't expect to see any vaginas before that though.

>it's not like you're going to work 24/7.
Ask me how I know you're still an undergrad.

Nuclear engineering

>more accurately
Which will never happen since software engineers can't into verification, thus their inability to produce trustworthy systems. Aussie CS twinks had to do your job, you'd better fear for your own ass when it comes to employment.

Ask me how I know you're probably very low IQ

Nice ad hominem """defense""", bucko. Don't you have some integrals to solve for your professor?

>look at all these cool reactor designs that will never get made

Shitpost engineering

Mint

I'm applying for combat engineer role in my country's army any tips of what to brush up on? Aussie fag desu

Materials and Nuclear. Second place is Electrical. I'd say Mechanical would be cool but I think the average mecheng student is typically a full blown retard and that really damaged any respect I had for that branch desu

Unless you're in a sector like defense or work at a startup, engineering is a comfy 40 hours a week.

>t. code monkey "Pythonista" "Software Engineer" "Code Artisan"
Once you get some people under you, you'll understand.

I'm a hardware engineer.

Atomic Engineering.

Attached: tumblr_mplau9YksI1qbgig0o1_1280.jpg (674x501, 80K)

I have some hardware for you to engineer right here, buddy.

I think aerospace engineering is pretty damn cool

le epic trole xd

Attached: 1513270437627.jpg (1100x777, 294K)

my school doesn't have Materials, and the only major that takes materials science classes are MechE in the first place. I'm thinking of switching into it.

It's a new field and a lot of schools don't offer a Bachelor's in it. I had to leave Colorado School of Mines since it was too expensive for out of state and am going to Texas Gay&M since it's either that or UNT and that school is even worse. More schools need to have the major goddammit.

If you're interested in MechEng for the sake of the materials science classes I'd imagine you being better off doing ChemEng and focusing on materials.

I thought Mech focuses heavily on materials though? Isnt ChemE based on industrial processes?

Electronics engineering > electrical engineering

Well there are mechanical properties of materials, and there are chemical properties that cause those mechanical properties.

If you are interested in using extant materials for a process or component of your design, that is mechanical engineering. If you are interested in designing and producing the material itself, that is chemical engineering.

Chemical engineers don't design materials from scratch, but scale-up is really important. Many carbon nanomaterials have been "invented" already but the next big challenge is in producing them economically. That is what ChemEs are for.

You may have just saved me, I'm gonna speak to the course coordinator for my schools ChemE program soon.

Neuroengineering (electrical)

/thread

Attached: class.prinneuro.large.jpg (400x400, 183K)

Civil is the best in my opinion

Mechanical engineering uses materials science so they understand how the materials can fail and how to design their mechanical shit so that the materials they are using don't fail. Chemical and Materials engineers are the ones making the materials, but chemical engineers would be less hands-on when compared to materials engineers for obvious reasons.

Every stem degree is an honorary wizardhood.

Can I go into Materials Engineering via ChemE with an MaSc?

>ChemE
>Aerospace
>Nuclear Engineering
>Biomed

water

Computer engineering with specialization in cybersec, machine learning or embedded systems.

What does everyone think of engineering physics? It seems to be a great interdisciplinary program, much better than a physics degree alone.

looks really cool, I wish my school had that program since I would enroll in it.

ChemEs focus heavily on process design and manufacturing. My senior year classes were distillation and separations, reaction engineering, process design, process controls, and labs. You get enough a background to get understand materials and get a job in them, but if your really interested you should go into material engineering.

Is ChemE a safe major to to go into for a job? What was your GPA like?

>""""""""""""""engineering"""""""""""""""""""

Just thought about it. Wasn't cool at all.

plasmid engineering or robotics

that opening doors robot is where the research is in

pretty much the dog filters on ur normie snapchat is same tech tesla uses to drive the car by itself

EE and Mech are for true chads. Aerospace and Nuclear are nice too.

>tfw working on my biomedical engineering degree
>tfw all the positive mentions about it ITT

good feels. also, can anyone with experience in the area mention some of the positives about it you've personally observed?

Attached: 1508351369424.png (916x653, 647K)

of course!

Computer Science

Attached: nothing to laugh about.jpg (492x368, 149K)

S-software engineering is pretty cool, r-right guise?

Attached: 902(2).jpg (680x544, 30K)

Genetic Engineering, potential superhuman powers if ur ballsy enough to conduct your OWN experiments by yourself, plus benefits? im in.

Unironically computer science.
How can other majors even compete?

physics

Oh snap.

The one not flooded by chinks and pajeets. So none of them.

No job security and bad pay

HVAC

don't kid yourself, DIY genetic engineering won't be possible for at least another 100 years

materials science/engineering would be my guess, but I have no idea

kek

Genetic also known as synthetic biology

>gender engineering
kek

Gender Fluid Engineering
youtube.com/watch?v=C7ZEzdPYQgU

Attached: gender fluid youtuber.jpg (1920x1080, 266K)

KEK!

holy shit. Thank you for showing me a topic I can get a laugh out of at any time.

I'm thinking of doing MechE and specializing in thermal/fluids. Opinions?

cute!

Gender reassignment engineering

Attached: 2017-01-cover[1].jpg (1980x2880, 1.78M)

thermal engineering...conversely also the warmest

Electrical

Electrical and biomedical engineering are cool

cool, studly winners with pretty big dicks who are primed to earn 100k+ starting right out of college:

aerospace
biomedical
petroleum
nuclear
electrical

faggot nerd shit for wieners who will get low balled and start at 55k:

computer
software
civil
chemical
materials

everything else is a coin flip

>tfw cryo engineer

Attached: 1487985625745.jpg (877x729, 325K)

Environmental or Water

>they say your brain shuts down in cryo

>not taking your wife to space on a rocket you built

later losers

At the end of the day, you're just carrying out the vision of the architect. There is no creative freedom in this job.

Attached: 1492290173749.jpg (600x328, 28K)

>electrical
>higher paying than chemical
:-) nice meme

doing any human hibernation stuff?
or more like managing superconductors