If "time" were to end, would all of time stop? Is the fact that time is still here proof that time will never stop?

If "time" were to end, would all of time stop? Is the fact that time is still here proof that time will never stop?

Attached: ae44anfaxzmy.jpg (607x402, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_Kz5Z8JmW7w
youtu.be/8Mgt4BlKbEc
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_universe_hypothesis
scientificamerican.com/article/how-animals-have-the-ability-to-count/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>If "time" were to end, would all of time stop?
That is the definition of End.
>Is the fact that time is still here proof that time will never stop?
no

There is no way to know if time stops. It could stop all the time and you wouldn't know

this

when time stops everything, EVERYTHING would stop moving. you would be in a state between life and death and wouldn't even know that time stopped.
there is no way to proof that time has stopped.

some theories say that time started with be big bang but there is no way to proof that.

Yeah but would it stop all at the same time? Like if something were to cause time to stop in the future would that make time in the past stop as well?

If all of time stopped then time in the past would stop as well?

The past still would have happened it's just there wouldn't be any future time beyond the point it stopped.

do you imply that past, present and future happen at the same time?

I think of time like a ruler, past at one end present in the middle future at the the other. If time ceases to exist then why wouldn't the whole ruler cease to exist? Why would the past part of the ruler be still there?

I can stop time any time I want.
Did you see that?
I stopped time for like three hours and then made universe run again.

you have a ruler that broken in the middle
you can still use it to the broken part

the past and present will not be affected, only the future will never happen. the present will be freezed for eternity.

Time doesn't exist we made time up to measure the "time" something takes to react and etc. So time stops when we stop calculating it or we humans stop existing. We made time up. Op is a faggot

>If "time" were to end, would all of time stop?
Time is a dimension that we only percieve in one direction; three spatial dimensions and one time dimension. 3d + 1t. Might as well end the concept of depth.
>Is the fact that time is still here proof that time will never stop?
There is speculation about the total entropic death of the universe when all fission from stars peters out. The big rip, big chill, and big crunch. I personally believe in the big crunch. In such a case, the crunch, the universe would reverse from expansion, collapse, and possibly inverse itself.

If that were to actually happen, doesn't that mean that the universe constantly loops? Will "you" live again after that happens?

Time is the measure of change. An object that occupies 3 dimensions is distinguished from itself at various locations in space by time, the 4th dimension. Without time, there would be no movement or change.

>I personally believe in the big crunch
Why? The positive value of the cosmological constant implies that the universe died a heated death.

We don't know what the cosmological constant is though

time is not the 4th dimension.

I personally believe that the universe is shaped similar our to planets, meaning that travelling long enough in one direction will bring you right back to where you started.

You have an odd way of arguing, but you persuaded me. Well done.

>he thinks time is linear

Time can't stop.

Time is gravity.

Has anyone thought about imaginary time? If time cant stop, then it surely cant start. youtu.be/_Kz5Z8JmW7w

>There is speculation about the total entropic death of the universe when all fission from stars peters out.

The universe exists within time, not the other way around. What happens to our universe does not really matter.

No, you are thinking too human.

Everything that has already happened and will ever happen already exists at any given moment.
There is just something that gives it structure from our perspective.

This is the only way that anything could even exist.

So much this, time is existence, without time there is no reality to speak of
youtu.be/8Mgt4BlKbEc

Time is a concept. It doesn't actually exist. Like math.

>If "math" were to end, would all of math stop? Is the fact that math is still here proof that math will never stop?

>If "memes" were to end, would all of memes stop? Is the fact that memes are still here proof that memes will never stop?

Does time stop at −273.15 °C?

Math is the only thing that exists.

Math is a concept. It isn't real.

nobody said that time can't stop

Do you even MUH?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_universe_hypothesis

Math is structured on religious type dogma.

You're confusing mathematics with the superficial culture specific syntax and approaches to working with mathematics.

You are incorrect.

If math were real, you'd have a sense for it built in. you'd walk by something and know its mathematical representation by instinct.

>If infrared light were real you could see it just by looking at it with your built in human eyes
Hmm...
Not an argument, try again.

scientificamerican.com/article/how-animals-have-the-ability-to-count/

Exactly, this is why Atheists (capitalized because it's the name of a religion despite what its zealots will tell you) make me laugh. God's reality is proven in the fact that we instinctually know Him. Every time an Atheist tells you how he came to his "disbelief" is implicitly conceding that belief is the default state.

time is a human construct so it never started

>he defines temperature as average kinetic energy

lmao

@9593711
Weak bait

Let's say that's true: That belief in God is a default state. Would that necessarily make it better than non-default states? Literacy and bowel control aren't defaulted from day 1 of a newborn's life, does that make them bad things?

>Would that necessarily make it better than non-default states?
I can't speak to what's "better" or "bad," that's not my place nor is it the topic of discussion. All that matters here is truth, and the default state is closer to the truth than a higher (higher as in built on top of / more complex, not as in better) state you must invent abstract concepts to understand.

Humans are born knowing reality, but are also gifted with a limitless imagination to build on top of it. This can be the source of great innovation and great delusion, MUH being a case of the latter.

Also not an argument, kid.

That has nothing to do with what was said.

My argument wasn't the "not an argument" observation, two different things. Try again.

Sure thing, kid.

Attached: 1380924137178.gif (448x352, 996K)

Claim: Mathematics is invented because it isn't innately understood.
Debunking of Claim: Animals have an innate sense of at least some mathematical structures including numbers.

>Funny star trek gif-posting
Nope, still not an argument. Maybe try coming up with a claim and reasons to support it.

>Is the fact that _____ proof that
Let me just stop you right there

Attached: 1474948371574.jpg (1280x720, 35K)

do it again i wasnt looking

time and space are interlinked

if space is always expanding, then so is time

>some theories say that time started with be big bang but there is no way to proof that.
sure there is. there was no space before the big bang, and therefore no time.

no space, no time, no matter.

time isn't real

What do you mean?

How can you stop time for 3 hours? Are you saying 3 hours passed while time was stopped?

time is relative user.
my clock could stop at any time, but its un

To end something by definition stops it. Whether by destroying what it was or by freezing it forever.

>freezed
Catched

Oooooooooo
My head might have exploded a wee bit

>Does time stop at −273.15 °C?

No, because all particles have an intrinsic zero point energy associated with them. Sure, it might seem like everything has stopped from our frame of reference, but quantum mechanically, particles can't stop moving, or behaving probabilistically.

>he doesn't know super time

True Absolute Zero.

Cold Death of the Universe.

It seems likely that the non big bang state conditions can be met again through the workings of this universe, since it was through that universe's workings that this one got banged into existence.

It's unknown if this is true because no one has been able to achieve absolute zero and are orders of magnitude away in difficulty of removing those last decimal points (eg the claim that it's impossible).

It might be impossible without a special environment variable, but it's probably possible.