How is it possible to memorize the digits of pi? My math professor wrote the first 300 digits in class

How is it possible to memorize the digits of pi? My math professor wrote the first 300 digits in class

Attached: math-pi-decimal-matrix.jpg (450x300, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FaVGMF-MtiE
youtube.com/watch?v=S7K6kc3CuEc
math.hmc.edu/funfacts/ffiles/10001.2-8.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=XRkcGPRXux4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

memory palaces

This is how you should memorize any long sequence, reciting what you know and adding one bit after every successful recitation. You may want to recite the same sequence two or more times as you find it harder and harder to memorize longer sequences

>Thousands of dollars in tuition
>Professor wastes class time just to demonstrate a useless skill and stroke his ego

Sounds like something that would happen at my university

No it's not possible

>How is it possible to memorize the digits of pi? My math professor wrote the first 300 digits in class
can you remember 33 phone numbers?

You don't have to. You only need to know the first dozen or so. After that you can bullshit through most situations where you need to show off by having memorized a sequence of numbers. Unless you're reciting it for a record nobody else is going to know you're wrong and no one is going to actually check.

There is a Professor at my uni, which can calculate integrals within 10-20 sec, that take students around 20-30 minutes to do.

Maybe he figured out the pattern

Attached: 1513555713174.jpg (588x823, 109K)

>No one is going to actually check
It's not like the average student keeps 2 to 5 devices permanently connected to a massive repository of knowledge that can be queried in natural language at all times

lol
to an ape it is impossible
>encouraging news, try not to shake and cry when he walks by you

>integrals
good, know your place

Attached: mathmind master ruler.png (978x761, 529K)

>pic is accurate
please place tape over your home mirrors

Must be exceptionally smart, but also, practice

" In this video 11 year old Austin Baio breaks the world record for most digits of Pi Memorized for his age. He memorized 2090 decimal places of Pi and 2091 Digits. This means no other kid 11 or younger has memorized more Digits of Pi. This took Austin about 1 month of studying Pi. The total hours spent memorizing was probably around 50 hours. The recitation took 45 minutes. "
youtube.com/watch?v=FaVGMF-MtiE

Take the test bitches !
How to memorize PI
>guzzles Berkeley brain shake
youtube.com/watch?v=S7K6kc3CuEc

[eqn]\displaystyle\rm {\color{red} A^{\displaystyle \color{yellow} u}}_{\displaystyle \color{green} t} \color{cyan} i^{\displaystyle \color{blue} s} \color{magenta} m[/eqn]

>memorizing pi
>not mentally calculating it on the spot

Common Core idiocy strikes again.

3.1415926536 is all I know, though I haven't forgotten in a decade (I think)

There are memory tricks, like using a sentence where the number of letters in each word corresponds to a digit of pi.
>math.hmc.edu/funfacts/ffiles/10001.2-8.shtml

>tfw only 32 friends and only one of their phone numbers are contained in the first 300 digits of pi
It's hopeless...

youtube.com/watch?v=XRkcGPRXux4
And then just expand it to 300 digits

I learned 52 places by memorizing three extra numbers per week.
It's been a while so I've probably got a couple of the numbers wrong.

The same way you memorize a song with a 300+ word count. You don't need science to figure that out

y?

Bored in math class.

No

1791 should be 1971. I memorized up to 150 digits back in high school. But your sequence is about all I can recall without practice. After maybe 5 minutes of practice the rest comes back to me but I lose it again if I don't recite it almost daily

people tend to become extremely proficient at skills they are forced to use day in day out