Is there a centre to the universe (point of origin)

there must be right?

(you may have to show me an artist impression)

thanks

Attached: em-drive-nasa-space-deep-field.jpg (3500x3196, 3.7M)

>there must be right?
No.

Where's the center of the surface of a sphere?

How do we get inside of the sphere desu?

maybe the centre is gone already

that would be the average position of each of its points; the center of the sphere

Attached: 1501336602707.jpg (600x719, 37K)

drill a hole

He said "of the surface" you retard.

Then I suppose the center of the universe is a point in the middle of a 4D sphere/torus/whatever shape we're on.

>sphere
dude stop! the universe is flat

yes there is, you're looking at it.

Attached: 1379891832690.gif (354x372, 234K)

Take it down a dimension to simplify; whats the center of the set of points on the unit circle?

yes. though I might call it a "plane" of existence, given that the curvature of space-time is more or less flat

Would it be in infinite plane then? Because there's still no real center for that. But if it is finite then maybe I'm wrong and there is a center.

The center OF THE SURFACE.

An infinite plane (in any number of dimensions) would not have a single defined center.

In regards to our universe, we can talk about the center of the observable universe (~the Earth), or an absolute center of a finite but ever expanding universe based on evidence of the universes accelerating expansion, which could be said to be everywhere, as space-time itself is expanding (presumably from a singularity), not just the distances between objects therein.

not an infinite plane, think of a hyperbolic torus folding on it self in a 4d hypercube. If you travel far enough in a straight line, you'd basically return where you started, but you'd have to travel 18x or something times larger distance than the distance to the event horizon.

at this time I will recommend reviewing your basic geometry skills, or consulting a source outside Veeky Forums to reaffirm your intuition

I never claimed a circle has a surface if that's what you're implying. I'm saying the original post you or whoever else incorrectly replied to with bullshit about the center of a sphere was explicitly asking for the center ***of the surface***. Switching to a 2D example where surfaces don't exist doesn't make that mistake suddenly stop being a mistake, it just means you're trying to get rid of the very feature the original question was asking about (the surface).

I don't think you're wrong, but I also don't believe this.

In that case, there is no defined center, since the surface is "infinite"

that barely perceptible dim reddish pixel in the upper right is actually the early milky way. if sit tight and watch it for a few billion years you'll eventually see yourself begin looking far off into the same direction for the first time...

Yes, that's the obvious point the original poster was making by asking that question in the first place.

Woah...

>the obvious point
but there is no point - as the center or to this conversation

Attached: 1501268649228.png (4500x4334, 157K)

>the universe is the surface of a sphere, and not the sphere itself

even if that were the case, that only the surface had any matter, the sphere would still have a central point around which the surface surrounds, like the center of a ball

the universe has multiple points of origins. in fact, the amount of points of origins the universe has can be infinite as the universe is only realised through our sensory perceptions. the universe begins at your interpretation

You are the center of the observable universe. Not much can be said about the whole universe tho.

its earth

Attached: map_teg_3.png (650x385, 108K)

the earth

hmmm wouldn't that be extremely strange

Why? Observer is literally the center of the observable universe.

no shit

travel back in time
exceed the speed of light