Failed Multivariable Calculus

Math major here.
Why do i suck? I can blame my teacher for not bringing example-problems up on the board, for being stupidly bad at teaching, but am i just projecting my own weaknesses and blaming someone else?
He said the exams would be like the old ones - lie. The old ones were really easy.

I've sat my hours. I did my work. I can solve most problems in my course book. Still, i bombed the test. If i pass it'll require a miracle.

Why do i suck at math? I know for sure, im not the only one i class feeling this way, but i know that some are probably gonna ace it. Is it even worth trying again?

I think math is genuinly interesting. But is it even worth it, if i require 1 year extra in my undergrad?
I've managed my courses up til now, apart from Linear algebra. And now this.

Does it have to do with me exactly 1 year from now learning high school math? I went in a different path and studied clinical psychology right after high school, meaning that i didnt take any math courses higher than the basics.
So before last year, i haven't done any math for 9 years (24 years old). Raced through high school math in 2 months and it went fairly well desu..

Does this have to do with me literally not knowing what a derivative or polynomial was 1 year ago? Or am i just sucky?

>:'(

Attached: images.png (288x175, 6K)

No joke. I took diff. Eq. 5 times between two universities.

I graduate with a b.sc degree in math in 2 moths. Been on dean's list ever since.

Sometimes us brainlets take a while to mature. I'm 29 btw.

Isn't Multivariable-calc supposed to be easier though?
You kinda made my pain a little better. Thanks and i wish you all the luck!

Let's study together

I mean, yeah. I self studied it when I was 15.

Got Discord?

I smoked weed daily back then. Guess that made me a brainlet :^)

Where I am, multi and linear are usually taken concurrent. One doesn't require the other.

>self taught calculus at 15
>ends up on Veeky Forums

Attached: Brj5vi4CcAA8j57.jpg (599x343, 17K)

I see, i took linear algebra in autumn, and it didnt go well at all. I was 100% sure id atleast get some score as i actually got the book questions down..

Turns out i bombed that one too :l Im not good with spaces, as we've demonstrated now lol

Well you should've went to a University. I went at 16 and felt like a brainlet.

I ended up going at 17. I started with the graduate courses of Algebra and Analysis though. My parents forbid me to go at an earlier year.

nigger

How is this adressing OPs issue?

At both unis Ive been to, diff. Eq has a little linear built in, but linear algebra is an entire different set of classes offered.

did the same
except didn't fail any math courses

the power of american education when people are impressed even moderately by a 15 year old understanding calculus

Don't get discouraged OP. It takes some people a longer time to really process math, and from what you described, learning so much in such a short time is definitely not easy. I'm pretty sure I'd have a real hard time doing this, and I'm considered one of the best math students in my year.
Some topics just take a while to grow on you, and it changes from person to person. You might struggle with some subjects, and still be the best at others - so don't let the occasional failure bring you down. Also, if you can really solve most exercises, then you're on the right path. How you do on one specific test doesn't necessarily say a lot about how well you did on a course. Do you feel like you finished the course on the better side?

>not just independently studying the subject months in advance so you breeze through the course

excellent

what changed user?

I feel like i have the understanding that i should have, although not 100% sure on the theoretical side. It was mostly me messing up with calculating intersections between a functions tangent line and tangent plane. It was so stupid of me to not have succeeded in that question.

Other than that, im not 100% sure im going to fail, since i got alot of the theory down.. But I'm going to start doing lin.alg now, 3 weeks until a re-exam!