This can only end well

this can only end well

Attached: 1521224899584[1].jpg (862x1024, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_belief_network
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orchestrated_objective_reduction
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If he's paying for it himself, what's the issue

That's stupid, he should first get some full of debt losers with families he can pay off to experiment on in secret.
Only after being sure the procedure works consistently and something resembling the previous person is actually uploaded, then do it.
He's just 32, has plenty of time, fucking retarded being the first to do it.

he's literally killing himself
the absolute state of tech chads

>be Sam Altman
>die
>wake up 50 years
>watch as immortal post-human CHAD fucks YOUR CRUSH while you are locked into a computer forever and basically you are fucking stupid

The connectome barely provides any useful information, you fucks should know this already. This is literally tricking rich people into killing themselves.

>tricking rich people into killing themselves
i see no problem with this

if they're dumb enough to fall for it, good

neither do I but the stupidity is just mind boggling

Inevitably, this is how it is going to turn out

This could possibly work
Neural networks are capable of storing memories
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_belief_network

The real question is whether they will be able to wake you up elsewhere.
They talk about the brain like it's just a "computer" that's "turned off", but the truth is the human brain never actually turns off

>This could possibly work
t. brainlet

Attached: 1519475627208[1].jpg (225x225, 8K)

Are you retarded?

>Implying he hasn't been doing that for the last decade already

seems like fake news

He's not going to do it next week. He's paying a commission, so that once the technology is there, he can have access to the service. So probably decades down the road. Might also all just be a tax evation scheme.

gay and lame

Attached: stat alignment.png (1800x1440, 473K)

Attached: 2013-06-19-Pork-Futures.jpg (900x578, 247K)

>rich silicon valley retards killing them selves to attain immortality
the irony is palpable

If it could be like that, this would actually be the best scenario (just don't kill the extra copy on real earth).

This way you can still be immortal in some sense of the word, but it won't consume the population by making everyone to just abandon reality and halt all development and progress forever because the real you still has to live.

No. The thing might say it's you but the you you are will die. Even if you2 is you, you1 is dead. It's (best case scenario) just a copy. From you2's perspective this isn't the case but that's it's problem, not yours.

Best case, yeah.
Worst case is it's a sham
Weird case is you make 10 other yous and force them to do your accounting for you.

It's literally fake news. The service is for terminally ill people once the technology is there.

It could possibly work.
The question is whether the company will survive long enough for the technology to be realized or if the companies that inherit their shit once they go under will bother if it does.

Turns out this already happened but I'm a copy and all I do all day is shitpost.

Even better. The post-human CHAD wakes you up to put you in his smart toaster. Despite your best efforts to burn his toast a subroutine takes over just in time to forcibly control you into making the perfect toast every time. You spend the rest of your life wondering why the subroutine can't just push the start button too so you can just die already.

>legally dead
>legally no rights
>legally no money
>no physical body

Even if this works as advertised, it's be a unliving hell.

not to mention the existential horror

Does he have a self destruct button...whereever he will theoretically be?

What if you could do it in some gradual ship of theseus kind of way? Is there some point at which "you" don't die and if so, where is it?

Fool, there is no such thing as a self. In other words, each and every moment is a you1, you2, you3, you4, etc...

don't you know? every time you sleep your stream of consciousness is broken and you're sent into the void forever

>be Sam Altman, die, wake up 50 years
>watch as immortal post-human CHAD fucks YOUR CRUSH
>while you are locked into a computer forever
>and basically you are fucking stupid

Attached: Virgin Chad transumanism.png (2352x916, 473K)

Exactly It would be just a copy, a clone, not himself anymore.

Attached: Clone Wars.png (600x412, 23K)

Props to all the rich people who are killing themselves so we can test whether it actually works or not. Will follow this.

But sweetie, rich people are job creators. Without them, society is doomed.

Someone should tell him it won't be HIM waking up in the computer. Whoever wakes up in the computer will have his personality and memories, but his current self won't actually be part of that continuum.

Attached: 1512558530058.jpg (265x299, 36K)

>do you really want to live forever?

this is how I feel about anything relating to this dumb shit honestly
when he is euthanized by nectome his own consciousness will be dead forever

>be Sam
>die
>50 years later
>Sam wakes up to realize that he is inside of Chad's sex robot

there's no evidence that anything even close to this has ever been achieved. so this is bullshit. no one would do this without some proof that it actually worked.

how is this even legal?

Quantum immortality my niglets

PICK ME I'M READY

Attached: masterpiece.jpg (680x383, 45K)

Yeah, the computer version is missing the magic soul that makes you you :^)

why bother if you're not the one who makes it

10K is nothing to him.
At least we know to aim for the head now.

Imagine I walked up to you, waved a magic wand, and created an exact copy of you. You would not have any conscious experience of being that copy. It would just be another being that looked and though like you. If I then shot you in the face, you would still be dead, this despite the fact that the copy would look and act just like you.
Medically assisted suicide is legal in CA, my guess is they're hoping this qualifies.

>I've solved the hard problem of consciousness

Looking forward to your paper user.

>but his current self won't actually be part of that continuum.
That depends what determines consciousness, which no one knows.

ITT: brainlets who don't realize he won't be allowed to be killed until he has a terminal illness

it's pretty obvious that consciousness wouldn't be transferred in this case

Literally the height of narcissism

You can't prove it.
>inb4 my intuition is proof

My impression is that this billionaire thinks he's doing the world a favor, what:
said.

consciousness isn't some transcendental phenomenon you mong

thinking the billionaire doesn't have 14 jew lawyers and a pre-upload agreement laying out those things you thought of and ten thousand more ...

>get a clue
>first on the list is not 1st into the matrix

Altman grew up in St. Louis, Missouri, his mother was a dermatologist. He received his first computer at the age of 8,[5] He was raised Jewish and is gay.

LOL - every fuckin time

I believe these people are just placeholders
there's a bunch of them and they are billionaires "by helping startups" ?
It's probably fucking FED/treasury fiat currency stuffed down their throats for free

>blocks his path
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how this story ends.

Attached: penrose.jpg (685x385, 45K)

correct and it never will be
they fucking watched x-files episode killswitch now it's another joke of a fucking job and a new company worth "billions!!"

" He attended John Burroughs School for high school and studied computer science at Stanford University until dropping out in 2005 "

These jews drop out and some hidden jew hand funds them, now the jew hand is right out in the open they have 1466 start ups in y combinator with the new thing as 7% of any new company helped...

So it's another consolidated ultra control of everything suck up the profits scheme -all the connections all the door openings you play ball or you hit the wall

>he's literally killing himself
>the absolute state of tech chads
jewboy gonna get that andrenachrome tech and all the rest, he'll probably be 140 years old by the time the baby foreskins can no longer rejuve his face...

>not kidding pic related - he is gay remember

Attached: cock facials for libs.png (1019x1001, 106K)

> uh guyz... it fucking crashed again! .....
> shit shit shit shit shit shit ..we only got 3.453672 percent - dammit hit reset - recharge the cortex ! Induce orbital lobe resaturation! fuck fuck fuck

40 trillion neural connections with active restructuring on the fly....

"uh... duh.. um... our electrodes,... well uhh... fill out this extensive survey... we made a "game room" like yer bedroom... in software... uhh...

Is this Veeky Forums or /pol/? Begone, untermensch.

Attached: pol.jpg (700x558, 73K)

You can't prove it.

To say nothing of what this guy has to say about what's going on inside each fucking neuron. Good fucking luck "uploading" squat from what's basically a black box for these reasons.

>pursuing Veeky Forums instead of /x/ for immortality.

Big mistake.

>It could possibly work.
holy fucksticks ...
what god damned thing can trace a trillion neural connections inside your brain ? on the fly, while you're alive, and they are changing....

i mean really, how fucking retarded is this world ?

So say they a trace map of just the neurons - then there's 10,000 chemicals and combos shit going on below that - at the molecular level .. how do they see every molecule it's position and what it's going to interact with next ?

I mean where do you cut off how small you look into that brain to get the trillion nodes out and then the underlying megafauna ?

If you actually do get all that, how do you know which thought is which what neuron, and then, how the FUCK do you design a computer to "load" all that - what kind of construct ?
A good processor is only at best 2 digit billion transistors, and you need a fuck of alot of transistors for a single neuron..

I mean you people are INSANE - the complexity is beyond comprehension - how are you going to get the "map" and by what crazy fucking brainfart do you think that ons and offs in some chip can "emulate" - wait fuck emulate - TAKE TRANSFER OF THE BRAIN ?

i MEAN not being mean it's just fuck you have to be really fucking dumb to buy it!

these isn't a chance they could copy shit

>SOMA was real life

that's all science idiot

hurray ! someone I can relate to

>To say nothing of what this guy has to say about what's going on inside each fucking neuron.

Can you give me the simple version?

Perhaps they'll have to wait for a simulation of everything promised by Frank Tipler in his book "Physics of Immortality", who proposed a galactic scale computer that would harness the energy of a collapsing universe to perform of sort of asymptotic infinite computation which would bring back everyone who ever lived (and would live) in simulacrum. Waaaay out there, but hey Tipler had the Higgs existence as a prerequisite for his "Omega Point" calculations, so thats at least one duck in a row (Tipler is full professor of physics at Tulane, and a main theorist on the anthropic cosmological principle).

Roko's Basilisk is basically ripoff of Tipler's nutty book. That idiot that wants to live forever computationally is in for a loooooooong wait.

Better odds trying to meet Jesus on /x/

Scientists don't even fully understand how the brain works yet. There could be more to human consciousness and thought than just the neurons that make up the brain.

It's as good a guess as you can come up with. We don't really know shit.

Roger Penrose theorizes a quantum basis for mind via cytoskeletal microtubule quantum behavior (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orchestrated_objective_reduction for more). Thus, mind is not a computable phenomena as per the definition of being computable by a Turing Machine as defined by the Church-Turing thesis.

Sir Roger was Stephen Hawking's main collaborator, to give some idea of his stature. Not appealing to authority - his idea has little to no supporting evidence, but is intriguing.

after a show or movie or two the retarded public buys it as "real science"

Attached: killswitch UTARDS.png (1416x804, 1.97M)

>a galactic scale computer
lol
The old science movies had a clue - they showed a glowing pulsing brain in liquid in a glass jar with electric and fluids hooked to it ...

Now the kiddies toss out the baby with the bathwater

Science is becoming pseudoscience nowadays. Studies with small sample sizes are published as if they're facts.

He should just arrange to have Dr. Canavero transplant his head at the appropriate time. Uploading is so unrealistic that it makes the odds of Canavero's first tranplant living with 100 percent function look probable by comparison.

Canavero considers the brain a sort of "filter", not a computer, that taps into consciousness, interestingly.

Attached: canavero.jpg (1024x862, 135K)

>will survive long enough for the technology to be realized
LMAO

trillions of neurons of light...

> the fucker wakes(flakes) up in the computer but he's in 3,000 pieces because the sub emulator loaders have to pull 30 cache misses and recalculate the sum every millisecond

wait till they declare living and non living identical - it's coming soon and this upload yourself shit is another step

wait... what year is this ? is this for real ?
h-how would it even work ?

Don't worry, you didn't wake up after sleeping for 5000 years. Lay the blame on Ray "The Singularity is Near!" Kurzweil. Kurzweil, an otherwise smart person, for some reason believes immortality, strong AI, and techno-rapture are like a decade away. Idiots like the rich buffoon drink Kurzweil's Koolaid with no critical thought about the qualitative leaps needed that transcend mere Moore's Law tier extrapolation.

it's his own funding start up under y combinator which he presides over

1st spot on the ticket
>I had to lest they accuse me of stealing minds... :-(

there's a dark web group desperately trying to scrounge enough dna from Elon Musk appearances (checking chair for hairs, drink glasses tape ripped for oils/sweat dna) so they can clone him....grow it under their control and have their riches flow in when Elon 2.0 comes to fruition.

Why does Y Combinator sound so familiar?

They're a Venture Captialistic type organization who helped fund reddit, among other companies.

They invested in the thing this doofus wants to do.

is cloning even a thing ?

The real question is what motivation does anyone in the future have to wake you up?

Imagine if I walked up to you waved my magic wand and within a microsecond shred your body to atoms and assembled it back again an inch to your left.
For everyone this sill reasonably counts as you.
The truth is that consciousness only exists from your perspective, nothing else is conscious, so the whole concept is stupid.
It is a matter of acceptance to consider versions of your identity that are similar enough to you as "you", not of true or false.
If Star Trek teleporters for exampöe became common people would quickly stop giving a fuck because for the disintegrated person as well as for the created one it is an irrelevant topic. One stops existing without a second thought while the other one comes into existence in a perfectly reasonable manner for itself. Wy even care.

>continuity
so how grained does a transition between computers executing a personality have to be for it to counts as the same consciousness exactly?

We would see how long that bizarre attitude towards identity would last if you were offered a ride through a transporter, upload and then kill your body, and the like.

Theseus' ship would start looking mighty appealing right around trigger pulling time. Without that chain of continuity over time, you are as dead as dirt and a clone running around with a duplicate mind does you as much good as tits on a bull.

Arguments about identity are philosophical, as there is not even the remotest possibility of uploading anything (or functionally replicating a neuron which is not a simple logic gate) in the foreseeable future. But hey, angels dancing on a pin head and all that don't care about empiricism.

There is a way, replacing individual neurons as they die with machine ones, but why do you want it? You're still stuck in place, just as a machine brain. You can't "surf the cyberspace" or w/e horseshit you're imagining. You'll die when you cut and paste yourself elsewhere.

Might as well be a giant reinforced mutant brain hooked up to machinery. No difference. In general there will be no difference between what you can make with either past a point. Developed enough flesh and machine will be capable of the same shit.

bullshit. I could break down and non continous transition into arbitrarily fine steps so that any claim of a difference to "true continuity" is just magical hand
waving. Unless you have some defined measure of what counts as continuous and what doesnt.
Even getting knocked out is some break of continuity and being out for 10 minutes seems more significsnt than a microsecond while you get reassembled to me.
There is literally nothing wrong with dying. The only motivation to prevent it is that you will be missing from the world afterwards. If you step intona teleporter that is not a problem anymore.

I'd fuck him up with addware and make money off him.
How's that eternity of a few Colgate commercials, working for you, you pretentious fuck?

Not sure what you're saying. If the system of computers is a sum of the mind's parts and the mind generates a consciousness, then its a single consciousness. They're like big chunky clumps of neurons and consciousness emerges atop of them. As long as it qualifies as consciousness (a highly speculative subject, but this is a hypothetical question) the transmission speed between its parts doesn't matter. A mind can be as slow as shit, it requires integration, not speed to qualify.

When you halt a consciousness in one computer and upload it into another though... then it "dies". Continuity of consciousness breaks.

movies and scifi really got out of hand